THE BROWNS BOARD

My decades of being a staunch Independent are history

Tour2ma

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The flip side of that Tex are those because of TDS who cannot get by the faults of Trump to recognize all his accomplishments .

The best analogy of Trump I heard was from Mike Huckabee. He compared Trump to a great doctor with terrible bedside manner.

And you kid yourself about those accomplishments. The Mexico paid for boondoggle wall, the $Tril+/year overspending, the economy that was already turned around from the 2007-08 disaster Obama inherited, the National Health Care Bill he promised to replace Obamacarw with when in fact all he had was a destroy agenda, not a replace at all plan (McCain saw through that), etc. You guys stay focused on the smoke and mirrors while he plays the old pea under the 3 thimbles game with you. Meanwhile he makes tons of money and gets permanent tax breaks for all superrich people while yours run out pretty damn soon with King Liar promising that won't happen if you just re-elect him. Cold day in hell when that bill gets done, you betcha!🌬️😈

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And you kid yourself about those accomplishments. The Mexico paid for boondoggle wall, the $Tril+/year overspending, the economy that was already turned around from the 2007-08 disaster Obama inherited, the National Health Care Bill he promised to replace Obamacarw with when in fact all he had was a destroy agenda, not a replace at all plan (McCain saw through that), etc. You guys stay focused on the smoke and mirrors while he plays the old pea under the 3 thimbles game with you. Meanwhile he makes tons of money and gets permanent tax breaks for all superrich people while yours run out pretty damn soon with King Liar promising that won't happen if you just re-elect him. Cold day in hell when that bill gets done, you betcha!🌬️😈

Trump actually has done a great job securing the southern border almost single handedly. He has gotten no help from democrats and little from republicans. He twisted the arm of Mexico with threat of tariffs and now Mexico has thousands of soldiers patrolling the border. He also has done great doing away with the catch and release at the border.

Health care is a huge problem no matter who is in office.

The tax breaks have worked great with people happy with their 401k's. Incomes have been rising and much of that has been for blue collar workers. The democrats always play class warfare and that is very destructive to our country. We need wealthy people. I don't get jealous of the person who likely worked harder than me and took risks with their own money to become successful. We need them. They are the ones who do pay most of the taxes, create the jobs and drive our economy. I don't want to punish successful people I want to see more of them because we all benefit from it.

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

AFDA1457-774B-4A31-AE1E-7EF635A8EA5C.jpeg

And when it's all said and done you're just gonna get a dog day afternoon from Porknoccio. 🐶🤴🐷

A phrase of unknown origin, but common in the American South to refer to the hottest time of Summer when even the dogs slept under the porch in the shade. With no escaping the heat, all time stood still and everyone slept.

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

at least TRY to be serious. Mexico is stopping the caravans - which actually costs them $$$$$$, which helps us save $$$$$$ that we can then spend on the wall. It was your ObaMao commie that he would cut the deficit by half by the end of his first term.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/aug/16/americans-prosperity/obama-national-debt-held-accountable-one-term/

and Pres Trump said he'd cut it by the end of his eight years. Obamao's jobs "turned around" because he expanded gov jobs. NOT PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS. He put obamao loyalists everywhere in our GOVERNMENT. Your slurs are getting more childish as you lost out on the faked reasons for the mueller report, the phony "impeachment" witch hunt.

give it up = it's been boring since you started.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Your slurs are getting more childish as you lost out on the faked reasons for the mueller report, the phony "impeachment" witch hunt.

give it up = it's been boring since you started.

Mueller actually said he would have criminally prosecuted, but the law did not allow it. And the investigation by the House was totally blocked of documents and witnesses by Trump. & his toad Barr. So don't tell me about phony anything except this phony president that his own party fears. You have allowed a dictator to run this country. Welcome to South America.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Mueller actually said he would have criminally prosecuted, but the law did not allow it. And the investigation by the House was totally blocked of documents and witnesses by Trump. & his toad Barr. So don't tell me about phony anything except this phony president that his own party fears. You have allowed a dictator to run this country. Welcome to South America.

Definition of triggered ^^^

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump actually has done a great job securing the southern border almost single handedly. He has gotten no help from democrats and little from republicans. He twisted the arm of Mexico with threat of tariffs and now Mexico has thousands of soldiers patrolling the border. He also has done great doing away with the catch and release at the border.

Health care is a huge problem no matter who is in office.

The tax breaks have worked great with people happy with their 401k's. Incomes have been rising and much of that has been for blue collar workers. The democrats always play class warfare and that is very destructive to our country. We need wealthy people. I don't get jealous of the person who likely worked harder than me and took risks with their own money to become successful. We need them. They are the ones who do pay most of the taxes, create the jobs and drive our economy. I don't want to punish successful people I want to see more of them because we all benefit from it.

For most blue collars, a few hundred here or there are nice... but the thousands that could be saved by addressing health care and educational costs would be more of an economic relief.  You speak of growing a depleted military - check out the numbers on what has happened to the middle class the past 35 years.     Imagine the economic boom if wages had kept up the past 20 years.

Also, to be clear since it is econ 101, wealthy people in and of themselves don't create jobs - demand does.      Microsoft can sit on their empire of billions, but lets pretend that tomorrow Windows was replaced with a different OS which becomes industry standard.   Demand for their product and its support shrinks, their work-force, software engineers, design teams, support staff, administration... all of it, cut immensely.     Company and stock is immediately and sharply de-valued and their employment rate is cut nearly 50%.     Despite having one of the wealthiest men in the world as a founder, solid share prices and executive leadership all whom are of wealth...   wouldn't make much of a difference.           Demand is priority 1.  If your product isn't wanted or needed, your personal fortunate won't account for jackshit.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

For most blue collars, a few hundred here or there are nice... but the thousands that could be saved by addressing health care and educational costs would be more of an economic relief.  You speak of growing a depleted military - check out the numbers on what has happened to the middle class the past 35 years.     Imagine the economic boom if wages had kept up the past 20 years.

Also, to be clear since it is econ 101, wealthy people in and of themselves don't create jobs - demand does.      Microsoft can sit on their empire of billions, but lets pretend that tomorrow Windows was replaced with a different OS which becomes industry standard.   Demand for their product and its support shrinks, their work-force, software engineers, design teams, support staff, administration... all of it, cut immensely.     Company and stock is immediately and sharply de-valued and their employment rate is cut nearly 50%.     Despite having one of the wealthiest men in the world as a founder, solid share prices and executive leadership all whom are of wealth...   wouldn't make much of a difference.           Demand is priority 1.  If your product isn't wanted or needed, your personal fortunate won't account for jackshit.   

Eco 101 in a recession there is a whole lot of demand for things but that doesn't equal economic growth or job creation. So I'm not buying demand alone will create jobs. Purchasing power comes into play. Yes wealthy people are the true job creators and not the govt or the poor.

• Upvote 1

I worked for a person once who built a frozen pizza empire. His father owned an Italian restaurant and he started making pizzas in the basement of the restaurant and  then he would load up his station wagon and go out to stores and sell them. As he got more orders he hired a worker to make the pizzas and he would go out and make more sales. As he made more sales he hired more workers to supply the demand. Soon he had to buy a building as the basement was too small. Now he was investing heavily  in new equipment. He bought new freezers, refrigerated trucks, hired more and more people, and he was ordering more and more supplies to make the pizzas. Soon he was making more pizzas for other companies using different labels. I was surprised at how much good was done to our economy by this one person and his frozen pizza factory and the capillary effect of new employees paying taxes, helping other businesses that supplied the ingredients to the pizzas, the new trucks and equipment, it just affected so many other things helpful to our economy.

That is why I am big on tax breaks to help businesses but that is only if they are building businesses in our own country because our country reaps the capillary effect. The last thing I want to see are tax breaks for businesses that move out of our country. I am not out to see wealthy business owners get more wealthy without our own country getting the benefit.

42 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

A poor man has never offered me a job.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

In the example I used of the owner of the frozen pizza business he didn't start out hiring hundreds of workers. That came later after he acquired wealth. The wealthier this person became the more he was able to invest back into his business and hire more employees.

12 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

In the example I used of the owner of the frozen pizza business he didn't start out hiring hundreds of workers. That came later after he acquired wealth. The wealthier this person became the more he was able to invest back into his business and hire more employees.

Would have the owner of the pizza business acquired said wealth without the demand for his product?   

22 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Next time just gently throw the rock over your own head for me and quit wasting your time.  

On 2/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, Tour2ma said:

Rolling up my sleeves...

Opening my wallet....

Joining the Texas Democratic Party.

Trump's performance in the East Room today was fucking embarrassing.

It's no longer enough to simply vote against the man.

It's time to get to work and end the Trumpican Party this November before it ends this country... hopefully it can last that long.

😂😂😂😂

Why am I not shocked.

In other breaking news Barry Manilow has recently come out of the closet.

WSS

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Would have the owner of the pizza business acquired said wealth without the demand for his product?   

Next time just gently throw the rock over your own head for me and quit wasting your time.  

I agree with what you are saying. If you make a product and there is no demand for the product than it will just sit on the store shelf. So demand is a factor but not the only factor. If I were starting a business though one of the first things I would look at is there a demand for this product?

I agree with the old saying that businesses do not pay taxes. Any tax or new tax on businesses will likely be shifted to the consumer with higher product prices and raising taxes on businesses is usually counter productive for consumers. So those wanting to "stick it to the man" by raising taxes on corporations are the ones who get stuck with higher consumer goods prices.

It is interesting to me a good portion of the wealthy in this country were able to convince the less well off that the middle class and poor are actually better off when the wealthy are taxes less. They've convinced the poor to fight for them as the wealth inequality continues to grow. Just throw in some "REAL AMERICA"s, the color red, and mention evil liberals and yours good to go 

(Both sides suck and have flaws. I'm just referring to this case.)

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is interesting to me a good portion of the wealthy in this country were able to convince the less well off that the middle class and poor are actually better off when the wealthy are taxes less. They've convinced the poor to fight for them as the wealth inequality continues to grow. Just throw in some "REAL AMERICA"s, the color red, and mention evil liberals and yours good to go 

US versus them right Woody? Just take away somebody else's dough and everything will be great. Hey, I wonder if we should surgically make people that are 6 foot 4 only five foot ten? You know just to be fair and all...

🙆‍♂️

WSS

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

US versus them right Woody? Just take away somebody else's dough and everything will be great. Hey, I wonder if we should surgically make people that are 6 foot 4 only five foot ten? You know just to be fair and all...

🙆‍♂️

WSS

It doesn’t have to be an us vs them argument so much as a “what is in it for me?” argument. Lower taxes for the wealthy does not mean lower taxes for the middle class. You never see rich guys out arguing about how someone making mid 40s is taxed too hard. However, you will see plenty of middle class folks arguing about the wealthy being taxed too hard. 

• Upvote 2

What liberal George McGovern found out after going into business and going bankrupt were the burdensome govt regulations he helped put into place were very destructive to business owners. He never would have learned the lessons he learned had he not went into business for himself. He is typical of many politicians today in Washington crafting legislation on businesses who have no business experience themselves. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

🙆‍♂️

WSS

Good ole typical Steve strikes again

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

It doesn’t have to be an us vs them argument so much as a “what is in it for me?” argument. Lower taxes for the wealthy does not mean lower taxes for the middle class. You never see rich guys out arguing about how someone making mid 40s is taxed too hard. However, you will see plenty of middle class folks arguing about the wealthy being taxed too hard. 

Of course. It's about what's in it for me. Financially? I'm mostly living off Investments now, so The better they do the happier I am. I don't stay awake at night worrying to Bruce Springsteen makes a lot more money than I do.

As far as other what's in it for me shit... Some guys don't want their guns confiscated. Some guys don't want abortion paid for by the government up to the time the head comes out of the twat. Some guys want a lot of fun free shit and want somebody else to pay for it. Some guys don't want endless wars in Afghanistan or Iraq or Iran. So they vote one way or the other. All sorts of what's in it for me.

WSS

On 2/7/2020 at 2:21 AM, hoorta said:

I said it before- and you can bite me if you don't agree- as a card carrying Republican for over 20 years my POV is- Donald Trump has destroyed the Republican party as we know it- and ..  

I don't know about that, but I do know his brashness during the R debates reeled a bunch of votes in for himself. He intimidated the crap out of Rubio & Christie and left them in the dust. The one good thing about Trump is he drove Paul Ryan away (he's a communist), hopefully for good.

I'm a registered D, and the Ds are self-destructing worse than the Rs did after GW Bush. The Ds seem to be getting way to far away from "the center," where most voters lie in this country. 

Prepare for the ugliest campaign ever, and prepare for a 2nd Trump term. I'm voting 3rd party, or will write myself in. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

And draws the typical non-response from the [insert feathered creature here] Why aren't we surprised? 

WSS

... I've explained this dozens of times but I'll try again

If your response to my post is just you putting words in my mouth, making it seem like I tried to make a point I never did, it isn't worth a response.

That immediately skews the conversation into me having to explain why I don't support a point I never did. It starts off we me having to climb out of the logical fallacy hole you dug. 

You do this all of the time. It's a blatant tactic you constant use and it just removes the need for any kind of back and forth. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I listened to Bernie Sanders the other day and if one didn't know basic economics or our capitalistic system he would sound good. I know his polices if implemented would destroy our economy.  Remember too all the corp and businesses he will raise taxes on they will not absorb those taxes but pass those on to consumers. Then there will be the higher payroll taxes you personally will be paying and what other taxes there will be. They will be huge because the costs of the green new deal, medicare for all and free college are going to be astronomical. There is no free lunch or free anything...Somebody has to foot the bill

The problem with socialism is always "there is not enough of other people's money to go around". At best with socialism you get shared misery and capitalism has proven to provide the highest standard of living.  At one time (Bread line) Bernie was touting Venezuela as the "American dream".

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/sanders-distances-himself-from-2011-editorial-on-his-senate-website-praising-the-american-dream-in-venezuela

• Upvote 1

17903454_10158949965035725_3181251005684

So good to see that Republicans will be winning the Great State of Alabama Senate Seat back, now that lightweight Senator Doug Jones cast a partisan vote for the Impeachment Hoax. Thought his boss, Cryin’ Chuck, would have forced him to vote against the Hoax. A Do Nothing Stiff!

22 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

EP23M4KWoAMTkoB.jpg

18 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

... I've explained this dozens of times but I'll try again

If your response to my post is just you putting words in my mouth, making it seem like I tried to make a point I never did, it isn't worth a response.

That immediately skews the conversation into me having to explain why I don't support a point I never did. It starts off we me having to climb out of the logical fallacy hole you dug. 

You do this all of the time. It's a blatant tactic you constant use and it just removes the need for any kind of back and forth. 

Woodrow vote for whoever the fuck makes you happy. If you want to tax the shit out of the rich and teach them a lesson. Go for it. Let me know if it makes your life substantially better or happier.

As far as global warming we've been over it enough and I still don't give a fuck. Thanks.

WSS

• Haha 2