THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Attending the Draft in Vegas, is anyone else going?

stillmotion

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes,  we do travel a lot between states. At least, I do.   But I am not scheduled to travel until Mid May....2 months from now.  But where I am going then is a remote (Adirondacks of Upstate New York)   sparsely populated area, and what I want to see and do, except for a couple of things, is mainly outdoor places where there would be limited contact with people.

July is another story....daughter's wedding then subsequent cruise....just me, my wife, son, daughter, new in laws....and 4000 other people on board a cruise ship.  Royal Caribbean says they are monitoring the situation.   We shall see. 

Don't know Gipper- I'd make alternate plans while there's still time. Cancun\Cozumel might be nice. I wouldn't doubt whatever cruise line would give you a refund if you ask for one now. 

FWIW, I hate the idea of being stuck on a ship. Never been on a cruise, and have no interest in ever going on one. Back solar eclipse time 1998 in Curacao, we were down at the docks watching those lines unload the lemmings for shore leave... I was not impressed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Don't know Gipper- I'd make alternate plans while there's still time. Cancun\Cozumel might be nice. I wouldn't doubt whatever cruise line would give you a refund if you ask for one now. 

FWIW, I hate the idea of being stuck on a ship. Never been on a cruise, and have no interest in ever going on one. Back solar eclipse time 1998 in Curacao, we were down at the docks watching those lines unload the lemmings for shore leave... I was not impressed. 

If you ever do go on one, don't do the 1-week package. We were bored to tears. Way too long. I'd only do a 3-day if I did it again. 

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

For which?  The Adirondacks, or the cruise.  I really think I am good with the Adirondacks, even if that trip were to take place right now.  And it is a fact that I really could have very little interaction with people on that trip.  Pump my own gas.  Make my own lunch....or go through drive-in for food. Just the check in desk,  and maybe  a waiter or two if I wanted to eat out somewhere. (or just, again, bring my own lunch and make dinner at the condo...though I would have to hit a grocery.   Otherwise, it is just the people who I would be traveling with. (Actually meeting them there, just driving by myself).  I could hose them down with Lysol on arrival.  Think that would go over? 

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Now, yea, the cruise is a different matter, and this was not my choice really.  Daughter's wedding choice.  And so I cannot make my own personal choice to cancel at this point.  We have a party of like 50 people going on this thing.  Royal Caribbean has NOT cancelled nor offered to give full refunds at this point, though I could cancel...they would keep $500.00...or more.  So...up in the air, wait and see. 

7 minutes ago, Icecube said:

If you ever do go on one, don't do the 1-week package. We were bored to tears. Way too long. I'd only do a 3-day if I did it again. 

I am in for the week.  But do have  3 ports of call.  Cozumel  (doing beach break with buffet/open bar/water sports).  Costa Maya  (doing some Mayan ruins)....and Roatan....(not sure yet..nature whatever).   And at my age a couple or 3 days of in between relaxing may not be uncalled for. 

But, in addition...I DID get a notice that as of this point, RC could say that they could deny boarding to anyone with certain underlying health issues....including diabetes, which includes me.  

So, if they did that, I would say to them:  Refund ALL of my money NOW, right now, because I would be stuck in Houston, which I would definitely not want.....and I would use that $3500  and that week  to like either drive to Colorado, or go to the Smokies, or  go to Naples Fla. or fly to like  and spend the week near the beach there, or something. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just saw a rumor that the Draft might be pushed to mid or late May. Hub Arkush put it on his Twitters. 

That'll give the Browns even more time to identify their next swings and misses.

Too Soon? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, D Bone said:

That'll give the Browns even more time to identify their next swings and misses.

Too Soon? 

It will give them more time to negotiate a trade down

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1