THE BROWNS BOARD

The Super Bowl LIIV Commercial Thread

Tour2ma

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

No, I wasn't endorsing anything. The Trump ad about

Alice Marie Johnson

was excellent, you dishonest beyatch.  I even posted the video of Groundhog day, moron.

I didn't post videos of the other.

Keep your name calling to yourself. There is nothing dishonest about me. No one felt a need to say anything about the POLITICAL ad of Bloomberg, but you felt a need to say something about Trump's POLITICAL ad. You are being dishonest by not recognizing exactly what you did. You felt a need to bring up politics in a devious way. Projection much?

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Keep your name calling to yourself. There is nothing dishonest about me. No one felt a need to say anything about the POLITICAL ad of Bloomberg, but you felt a need to say something about Trump's POLITICAL ad. You are being dishonest by not recognizing exactly what you did. You felt a need to bring up politics in a devious way. Projection much?

No one liked the bloomberg commercial - no one likes him. He's a twerp. It was a couple of commercials I liked. and you won't change that. I didn't even post links to them. Go groundhog day yourself. I -really- liked that commercial. Doritos are GREAT with coke, even moreso with a good root beer. and Sam Elliot is far more a Texan than you will ever be.

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sacramento is in California which is where he was born. Geography seems to be a challenge for trumpy and his clan.😂

he still owns his moms home here in portland 

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

there is no excuse for your chicken behavior. I liked the Trump commercials. They were during the Superbowl. That was the subject of the thread.

I didn’t see any of the commercials really. Apparently that’s good. I had seen the video of the groundhog day Ad. Plus the Maisie Williams ad. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Elliott

His parents were originally from El Paso, Texas, and Elliott has an ancestor who served as a surgeon at the Battle of San Jacinto.[1][6][7]🤣

My mother was born in Cobh Ireland. That does not make me a survivor of the titanic. 

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

there is no excuse for your chicken behavior. I liked the Trump commercials. They were during the Superbowl. That was the subject of the thread.

Great- Trumpy has plenty of cash in his reelection war chest. The SB party I was at, the sound was turned down so far I really couldn't hear any of the commercials. 

9 hours ago, Vambo said:

Cringeworthy. We went "WTF" when she did thay. Embarrasing lol. 

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Elliott

His parents were originally from El Paso, Texas, and Elliott has an ancestor who served as a surgeon at the Battle of San Jacinto.[1][6][7]🤣

My great great grandfather has a "Citizen of Texas" marker on his grave provided by the State of Texas. That means he was a citizen here when Texas was a country from 1836-1845. I was born in Texas and have degrees from both Texas A&M and the University of Texas in Austin. I go dove hunting yearly with my fellow A&M Corps of Cadets friends from the late 60's, most of whom also served this country in the Vietnam War. 

Sorry but that makes me more Texan than a guy born in Sacramento who's been in California or Oregon his entire life.

I'd be happy to send him one of those bumper stickers that say he was not born here but arrived as soon as he could.................................if only your "Texan" actually lived here instead of Malibu.   LOL!🤣

You aren't winning this argument Mr. Logic.🖖

PS-he did however play an abusive wife killer in the miniseries Murder in Texas. Maybe that qualifies him as more Texan than me.🤣

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

PS-he did however play an abusive wife killer in the miniseries Murder in Texas. Maybe that qualifies him as more Texan than me.🤣

his mustache gives me the win. He IS Texas. and he WEARS the hat. At least in movies. I still win. and HE can ride a horse. Having said that, the two times I rode a horse... I came home from basic training on leave, and hopped on my sister's horse in this big indoor rink, after her and her friends kept taking turns having the horse go around in circles on a long lead, and finally decided to have me hold the lead while they ran to the bathroom. Next thing I knew, old Cloud  was bucking like a wild buffalo, and I lost out, went flying through the air, and hit horse poop and a bunch of sawdust. So, those girls were laughing themselves silly, and I found out her new horse wasn't broken. It only knew how to go around in circles.

the second time, we were vacationing with close friends, and we all went trail riding in Tenn. Except my horse freaked after slipping on the mud, stopped, and the horse behind me, my Wife's bumped us, and my horse took off like a bat out of hell down the hill, dodging trees, slipping in more mud, and I got her stopped down in the ravine. Didn't fall off, much to the amazement of our entire group.

So, I'm not Texas at all, so there's that. And my Wife got bit by a fire ant when she was visiting while in college, and she told me I don't want to get bit by one. Texas is not my kind of place.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My great great grandfather has a "Citizen of Texas" marker on his grave provided by the State of Texas. That means he was a citizen here when Texas was a country from 1836-1845. I was born in Texas and have degrees from both Texas A&M and the University of Texas in Austin. I go dove hunting yearly with my fellow A&M Corps of Cadets friends from the late 60's, most of whom also served this country in the Vietnam War. 

Sorry but that makes me more Texan than a guy born in Sacramento who's been in California or Oregon his entire life.

I'd be happy to send him one of those bumper stickers that say he was not born here but arrived as soon as he could.................................if only your "Texan" actually lived here instead of Malibu.   LOL!🤣

Actually Sam Elliot’s first couple of movies he played a California beach bum and lifeguard. The truth is the western accent is acquired it’s not really natural. But he does do it great

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

his mustache gives me the win. He IS Texas. and he WEARS the hat. At least in movies. I still win. and HE can ride a horse. Having said that, the two times I rode a horse... I came home from basic training on leave, and hopped on my sister's horse in this big indoor rink, after her and her friends kept taking turns having the horse go around in circles on a long lead, and finally decided to have me hold the lead while they ran to the bathroom. Next thing I knew, old Cloud  was bucking like a wild buffalo, and I lost out, went flying through the air, and hit horse poop and a bunch of sawdust. So, those girls were laughing themselves silly, and I found out her new horse wasn't broken. It only knew how to go around in circles.

the second time, we were vacationing with close friends, and we all went trail riding in Tenn. Except my horse freaked after slipping on the mud, stopped, and the horse behind me, my Wife's bumped us, and my horse took off like a bat out of hell down the hill, dodging trees, slipping in more mud, and I got her stopped down in the ravine. Didn't fall off, much to the amazement of our entire group.

So, I'm not Texas at all, so there's that. And my Wife got bit by a fire ant when she was visiting while in college, and she told me I don't want to get bit by one. Texas is not my kind of place.

LOL! Damn we agree on horseback riding. When I was 8 I had a friend in 2nd grade killed by being thrown into a tree by one. Kinda takes the desire out of ever wanting to ride 'em for sure. RIP Wayne Johnson. 🙏 

However I get bit by those damn fire ants almost every single time I mow the yard. Never fails! Little bastages! Speaking of which I have found more mounds already with recent rain. I need to poison 'em before spring is in full swing or they take over the whole damn yard.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Actually Sam Elliot’s first couple of movies he played a California beach bum and lifeguard. The truth is the western accent is acquired it’s not really natural. But he does do it great

Yep-one of my favorite character actors.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I inherently don't  trust  horses, as Ag said you can get killed  or seriously  injured riding  one. My only  adult  ride was on a well  trained  one owned by one of my coworkers, trotting  around, and it still  scared the crap out of me. And not before the  dumb critter stepped  on my foot  first. Gave me  an appreciation for jockeys racing  thoroughbreds. 

Only  got stung once by a fire ant at the Winter Star Party in the Florida  Keys. Not pleasant at all.

PS Regarding  Sam Elliott,  I remember  him as having a  small  part in the Civil War historical movie  "Gettysburg". It came out in 1993, but if you've  never seen  it, worth digging it  up on VOD. I bought the  DVD of the  movie  I  liked it so much. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I almost got seriously hurt once while riding a horse. The horse was going too fast and I fell off and caught my foot in the stirrup. The horse was dragging me around in a circle and I was screaming and hollering for help. Thankfully the manager of Kmart heard me and came out and unplugged it. (then he told me I couldn't ride the elephant)

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I almost got seriously hurt once while riding a horse. The horse was going too fast and I fell off and caught my foot in the stirrup. The horse was dragging me around in a circle and I was screaming and hollering for help. Thankfully the manager of Kmart heard me and came out and unplugged it. (then he told me I couldn't ride the elephant)

LOL LOL.

good thing I finished my coke....

On 2/3/2020 at 6:13 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, Tour, he didn't make it, but he signed the bill,

As Grover Norquist said... all he required of a President was that he be smart enough to hold a pen and sign his name.

Your boy meets the requirements... barely.

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2020 at 5:46 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

My great great grandfather has a "Citizen of Texas" marker on his grave provided by the State of Texas.

Cool...

My Father-in-law's Great Uncle served at the Battle of San Jacinto. His name is on a plaque in the museum at the base of the monument to the battle.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

My cousin was portrayed by Tom HARDY in Dunkirk

And Gip played his agent.  :lol: