THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Regardless of what happens from here this has been a good, hard-fought game.

Good second half.  

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Andy Reid just punched his ticket to Canton. 

Easy.  And deserved.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Tyrek Hill should get he MVP... but prolly goes to Mahomes.

Everybody's favorite......and more stupid State farm insurance commercials.  :o

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And ironic that two Browns OLs are part of the starting 5 and another is 2nd string.

Devaroe Lawrence is on KC's PS..and could not happen to a better dude..Edit--due to not missing the 2nd half of game nor commercials..I quit drinking,smoking & pissing hours ago..I GoTTaa GO!! 

The true MVP of this team throughout Mahomes injury and everything else......Andy Reid.   But a NFL HOF gold jacket will do.

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, Baby Shanny pulled a Huey with not calling the TO at the change of possession end of the 1st half.

I was telling my friends "maybe they're gonna miss not getting those 3 points in the end of the first half". And boy they did. I was surprised, they had a little over a minute and 3 TOs, that's plenty of time to get at least in FG range. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Shanny gives another one away with help from his QB.

what was Shanny thinking with all the wide edge sprint running plays in the 2nd half?... I saw nothing wrong with Shanny keeping Jimmy G spreading the field & killing KC on crosser's over the middle like the 1st half 🤔 quite stunning overthinking it  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I was telling my friends "maybe they're gonna miss not getting those 3 points in the end of the first half". And boy they did. I was surprised, they had a little over a minute and 3 TOs, that's plenty of time to get at least in FG range. 

Shanny played not to lose and he lost...

7 hours ago, Nero said:

They could have had a min and 45 secs with 2 TOs left had he done it right and called the TO @ 1:50 when they stopped KC on 3rd down. They even showed GM John Lynch signalling up above for the TO a few min. later. It truly was a Brownsian moment for Baby S and his whole coaching staff. My football coaching son called me at halftime saying exactly what I had just said to his mother about it being a major screwup. You can't give Mahomes any break at all or he'll burn your ass for it at some point in the game.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They could have had a min and 45 secs with 2 TOs left had he done it right and called the TO @ 1:50 when they stopped KC on 3rd down. They even showed GM John Lynch signalling up above for the TO a few min. later. It truly was a Brownsian moment for Baby S and his whole coaching staff. My football coaching son called me at halftime saying exactly what I had just said to his mother about it being a major screwup. You can't give Mahomes any break at all or he'll burn your ass for it at some point in the game.

Well, Belichick I think wouldn't have called for a TO just then, but later. I mean, IIRC he has said that he prefers 1 min and 3 TOs than 2 mins and 2 TOs or something like that. The offense wasn't on a 2min drill mode and they wasted almost all the clock. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Well, Belichick I think wouldn't have called for a TO just then, but later. I mean, IIRC he has said that he prefers 1 min and 3 TOs than 2 mins and 2 TOs or something like that. The offense wasn't on a 2min drill mode and they wasted almost all the clock. 

Either way it was a Huey brainlock moment.🤪

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

20-10 4th qtr lead and the best rushing attack in the NFL.

Yup... the run and PAP recipe was working.

I'd have to check "the tape", but IIRC the times Jimmy G saw pressure were straight dropbacks.

15 hours ago, Nero said:

They had their "3", but lost it due to a completely unnecessary OPI by Mr. Kittle.

Bottom line....

Mahomes showed signs of nervous youth throughout the playoffs, but shook them off every time.

It just took him longer to do so in the SB.

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

20-10 4th qtr lead and the best rushing attack in the NFL.

I did question why the 49ers weren't running the ball more....  

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Exactly what I was thinking Ag. 1:50 with a couple time outs is forever to at least try for a FG.  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup... the run and PAP recipe was working.

I'd have to check "the tape", but IIRC the times Jimmy G saw pressure were straight dropbacks.

Go check that 3rd qtr when San Fran had them on their heels and opened things up a bit.  PAP, under center, mixed with some of the perimeter and zone stretch.   That deep square in to Bourne was a great route and good throw.    The gameplan coming out from the locker room after half was great on the Niners coaching staff.       But once they needed to grit their teeth, start grinding out yards and clock, they didn't have the stomach for it.  

On 2/2/2020 at 10:05 AM, Zombo said:

Well, despite an outpouring of optimism on TBB, look no further than the predictions in Dutch's thread, the Browns did not make the Super Bowl.

But the Chiefs did. For the first time in 50 years. That Super Bowl, SB IV, was the first one I remember watching. My family went ice skating, then I came in and had hot cocoa and watched the Super Bowl with my Dad. I still remember the game-breaking pass from Len Dawson to Otis Taylor down the sideline. Probably because Lenny got refueled at halftime:

len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg

The 49ers memories are more recent and more prolific. I'm all about the 80's and Joe Montana walked on the water that decade. Of all the 49er Super Bowls the one that stands out to me is the 1989 team. They destroyed the Broncos 55-10 after destroying the Vikings and Rams by a combined 71-16 in the playoffs. That is a 126- 26 Postseason. The Browns were one good quarter of football from facing that team, I'd like to think that Bernie and the boys would have given them a better contest. But Joe, who became a Chief in the 90's, was still on his throne as the undisputed King of Football, Joe Cool, as the decade turned.

vpozhtmthqnraozsoydn

Now it is Mahomes and Garappolo , there won't be any smoking, and I doubt anyone throws up a 55 Burger on either of these defenses, but I will be watching, just like I have watched every Super Bowl since the Chiefs buried the Vikings that day. My beverage choices have gotten a little stronger since that day, but my burning desire to see my beloved Cleveland Browns in this game has never waned. So I will watch this one the same way I watched the last 50 ... knowing my Brownies will be there next year.

In the meantime, enjoy these brownies, JLo and Shakira, in the "Hot Latino Ass" Super Bowl Halftime Edition ... and pray for a wardrobe malfunction.

Shakira-booty-Gif.gif

im-glad-j-lo-booty-gif.gif?w=300&h=300

San Francisco vs. Kansas City, Super Bowl LV, 6: 30 PM

We've got two Offensive masterminds in Reid and Shannahan, two good defenses (did you know the Chiefs gave up less points than the Niners?) and two confident, loose, teams. But there is only one Pat Mahomes. So it is up to all of those Browns expats on the KC offensive Line to protect him enough to make the big plays that will make the difference. Sure, why not, our castoff "fat shits" are as good as anyone else's "fat shits". Chiefs win, cover and Andy Reid deservedly gets his day in the Sun. CHIEFS 34 49ERS 24

The Great Zomboni Nails the prediction, and lines up his first two Celebrity Guests for next season.

82937554_2884969321567393_39380384583872

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The Great Zomboni Nails the prediction, and lines up his first two Celebrity Guests for next season.

82937554_2884969321567393_39380384583872

Not the first time all I see is a number string in place of an image(?).