THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

Well, despite an outpouring of optimism on TBB, look no further than the predictions in Dutch's thread, the Browns did not make the Super Bowl.

But the Chiefs did. For the first time in 50 years. That Super Bowl, SB IV, was the first one I remember watching. My family went ice skating, then I came in and had hot cocoa and watched the Super Bowl with my Dad. I still remember the game-breaking pass from Len Dawson to Otis Taylor down the sideline. Probably because Lenny got refueled at halftime:

len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg

The 49ers memories are more recent and more prolific. I'm all about the 80's and Joe Montana walked on the water that decade. Of all the 49er Super Bowls the one that stands out to me is the 1989 team. They destroyed the Broncos 55-10 after destroying the Vikings and Rams by a combined 71-16 in the playoffs. That is a 126- 26 Postseason. The Browns were one good quarter of football from facing that team, I'd like to think that Bernie and the boys would have given them a better contest. But Joe, who became a Chief in the 90's, was still on his throne as the undisputed King of Football, Joe Cool, as the decade turned.

vpozhtmthqnraozsoydn

Now it is Mahomes and Garappolo , there won't be any smoking, and I doubt anyone throws up a 55 Burger on either of these defenses, but I will be watching, just like I have watched every Super Bowl since the Chiefs buried the Vikings that day. My beverage choices have gotten a little stronger since that day, but my burning desire to see my beloved Cleveland Browns in this game has never waned. So I will watch this one the same way I watched the last 50 ... knowing my Brownies will be there next year.

In the meantime, enjoy these brownies, JLo and Shakira, in the "Hot Latino Ass" Super Bowl Halftime Edition ... and pray for a wardrobe malfunction.

Shakira-booty-Gif.gif

im-glad-j-lo-booty-gif.gif?w=300&h=300

San Francisco vs. Kansas City, Super Bowl LV, 6: 30 PM

We've got two Offensive masterminds in Reid and Shannahan, two good defenses (did you know the Chiefs gave up less points than the Niners?) and two confident, loose, teams. But there is only one Pat Mahomes. So it is up to all of those Browns expats on the KC offensive Line to protect him enough to make the big plays that will make the difference. Sure, why not, our castoff "fat shits" are as good as anyone else's "fat shits". Chiefs win, cover and Andy Reid deservedly gets his day in the Sun. CHIEFS 34 49ERS 24

I've always rooted for the underdog, and it's no different tonight. Plus I like the Chiefs more and I have a lot of respect for Andy Reid, who deserves a Superbowl in my opinion. 

BUT, the thing I want the most is a close, thrilling and entertaining (I see you, SB LIII) game, no matter who wins. 

Well this is it the last good thing to bet on until maybe March Madness and then the long Summer's wait until fall and   FOOTBALL 2020 !

SO here goes......

Deadline: 5 minutes before each game

More Info
Favorite
Favorite Win
Versus
Underdog Win
Underdog
Mon Tue Wed Final Status (EST) Points
Bold = Winning Team (Spread) TOTAL POINTS 0
@Kansas City   vs XXX San Francisco 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 Sun 02/02 06:30 PM -
Tiebreaker 1
 Deadline Sun, Feb 2 6:25 pm EST

Predict the scores for this game:

San Francisco 34 @ 33 Kansas City

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well this is it the last good thing to bet on until maybe March Madness and then the long Summer's wait until fall and   FOOTBALL 2020 !

SO here goes......

Deadline: 5 minutes before each game

More Info
Favorite
Favorite Win
Versus
Underdog Win
Underdog
Mon Tue Wed Final Status (EST) Points
Bold = Winning Team (Spread) TOTAL POINTS 0
@Kansas City   vs XXX San Francisco 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 Sun 02/02 06:30 PM -
Tiebreaker 1
 Deadline Sun, Feb 2 6:25 pm EST

Predict the scores for this game:

San Francisco 34 @ 33 Kansas City

naaaa man i like to bet baseball

oh i see you took the over

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

naaaa man i like to bet baseball

oh i see you took the over

Picked......not crazy about. GO SF, baby !

........oh betting baseball will make you crazy.  I did two years of MLB FL a few years back fun but nuts!

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Picked......not crazy about. GO SF, baby !

........oh betting baseball will make you crazy.  I did two years of MLB FL a few years back fun but nuts!

i bet who is on the mound last year during the alcs and ws verlander did very well for me I bet against him

Would ya believe of all days the wife wants her kitchen back splash installed 😘.. and missed the yeah-who pick by 5 minutes due to cleaning up..

Rooting for Joe Woods to bring a SB rock to Cleveland..

Had 49'ers--33 Chiefs--27 all week

Enjoy the food & Game!!  

Damn... DieHard... I just ate...

Good game so far. SF looked shaky after Jimmy G gifted KC an INT, but Saleh's D minimized the damage. But for an unnecessary OPI by Kittle SF might have a 3-point lead.

One thing I don't get is why SF is not racking up Mahomes on those option plays. Bosa could have blasted him on the 2nd (and last one Reid called), but pulled off. Great hit by Ward on Mahomes earlier.

First half was a bit slow 10-10.  Second half getting interesting, start 4th SF 20-10.

......AND the commercials stink.

KC was very loose before the game, SF looked very serious......with 7 minutes left it's getting interesting.

Nice pass.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

KC was very loose before the game, SF looked very serious......with 7 minutes left it's getting interesting.

Nice pass.

Like I said before the long pass.................................clock has not hit zero.😁

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Like I said before the long pass.................................clock has not hit zero.😁

5:18 and a tie isn't out of the question......yet.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Saw the same, tia.... Jimmy was a lil busy tho.

2 quick KC TDs... 2nd was close call, but right call.

Now can SF reply?

Can they run/pass it out ?  Ooooops. Can't do stupid.