THE BROWNS BOARD

What does the Chief Of Staff do?

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

Wow. Somewhere in my head I thought people were past the idea of giving a shit if someone was a man or a woman in charge, but clearly chauvinism is prevalent everywhere.

IMOP, her role is to make sure everyone is on the same page with everything from meetings, to trips, to equipment to analytical data, etc. She is the organization behind the chaos that occurs when you have to run a team. She takes care of the minutia so that Stefanski doesn't have to deal with it. This is why it's such an important role. There are so many things going on from a week to week basis that has absolutely nothing to do with the game but is critical to how the team is run. I have worked on the medical side of football for almost 20 years and I can tell you, especially away games, it takes an extremely large amount of communication to ensure that everyone has what they need. And that is just one aspect! Stefanski can focus on the FB aspect of the game. She can focus on the other parts. It's equally beneficial. She learns how to develop a program and how a team is run, and he can delegate through her. She's going to learn things about how to run an organization more than she is going to learn about the X and Os. 

Great hire. Wish Freddie would have been forward thinking enough to have a position like this...

Thanks Big! I was curious as to what her duties may be, but your explanation (I know, it's your opinion) clears the air for me as to the type of duties the position may entail, the value to Stefanski, AND how positively it impacts her growth.

Mike.

2 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:
  4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Show proof that she's bad at policy.

huh?  what does policy have to do with political correctness?

You brought it up, jackass.  You're the one who thought it would be fun to imply the only reason she was hired was PC.. after it was posted on the thread without complaint or refutation that her resume is actually substantive.

What precisely in her personal history leads unambiguously to a conclusion of her incompetence at this job?

Or do you.. not have anything substantive, and just hoped nobody would call you on your bullshit?

Don't like it? Delete your account.

Oh, and about that Republican thing? You took it into the political with the PC comment.. time for you to stop being sensitive.  And if you actually think I went too far.. then maybe you shouldn't have opened the door.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

You brought it up, jackass.  You're the one who thought it would be fun to imply the only reason she was hired was PC.. after it was posted on the thread without complaint or refutation that her resume is actually substantive.

read in context - oh wait you didnt include that here

next time include the (my)  entire post so that by a slimmest of chance, you might ACTUALLY comprehend it?

or are you drunk posting?

what precisely in her personal history leads unambiguously to a conclusion of her incompetence at this job?

it gets simpler here - I never did say anything to that effect, I m not the one engaged in that take - dont believe me?  START rereading it genius 

with Stefansky and his hires on the staff - Im a wait and see kinda guy 

Or do you.. not have anything substantive, and just hoped nobody would call you on your bullshit?

I personally dont care that you seemed to take offense, and it is not bullshit to call out an obvious predjudice. but AGAIN, where are you missing this?  

Don't like it? Delete your account.

well, there are a few here that tried... but you cant do it yourself

Oh, and about that Republican thing? You took it into the political with the PC comment.. time for you to stop being sensitive.  And if you actually think I went too far.. then maybe you shouldn't have opened the door.

LOL  even this says you are  looking into a mirror while speaking 

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If there was ever a group that could handle a female taking a job in football with the browns and subverting gender norms it's the old folks home that is the browns board

You can't figure out how to write in pink either? 😉

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You can't figure out how to write in pink either? 😉

stroll arrow over line or word you want colored (should highlight) click on A above for color selection..pink is in more colors, find color, click ok..move arrow down to highlighted lines, than right click..wah lah 🎩

18 hours ago, AP1 said:

My concern for her in this position would be the same for any female in this position - no matter her looks, voice, haircut or sexual orientation - the respect factor.

I didn't read all the links in the thread, but if this is a true chief of staff position then this individual is the gateway to the HC. That means not everything gets to the head coach from the staff but everything from the head coach gets to the staff, that means juggling egos on the staff, mediating, counseling both the head coach and the staff and commanding the room when needed. Does the staff need a chief? I thought that was the head coaches job.

Here's a real world scenario the Browns faced in the last two seasons: Todd Haley, the OC with a 20 year NFL resume, and Gregg Williams, the DC with a 30 year NFL resume, could not stand each other. They got chippy in practice. They got chippy on Hard Knocks. We can only imagine the the verbal exchanges not seen once the cameras left and the losing started. The chief of staff would mediate through disagreements with those two. How would that have gone?

According to Browns.com, I did see she was an assistant coach high in school football as late as 2017. Imagine the cynicism from this board if the Browns hired a 30 year old man that two and a half years previous was an assistant coach and algebra teacher. I remember cynicism towards Mike Pettine and he had nearly 15 years of NFL experience since leaving North Penn when the Browns hired him.

From my standpoint, looks, hair, voice, and sexual preference do not matter. She will have the respect of ownership - they have no choice, she will have the respect of the Front Office - they will have no choice. I hope she has the respect of the staff and the locker room, or this will go nowhere.

And, much like my opinion of the Browns' structure when it comes to the chain of command, the more layers added complicate the burden of responsibility and finding the root cause of problems. 

So you are saying that she is the Jon Snow of the Browns.  that she is being groomed for leadership 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So you are saying that she is the Jon Snow of the Browns.  that she is being groomed for leadership 

No, he's saying she's Arya Stark. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am saying, in full disclosure, that I have never seen Game of Thrones and I had to google Jon Snow and, even then, didn't pursue further intelligence gathering.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AP1 said:

I am saying, in full disclosure, that I have never seen Game of Thrones and I had to google Jon Snow and, even then, didn't pursue further intelligence gathering.

Ditto except for the google. Was Jon related to Jack Snow of Huarte to Snow fame?

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For us non-GOT fans, could you relate this to something cooler, like The Godfather? 😀

It is not really a parallel. In Game of Thrones Jon Snow was selected to be the steward of the Lord commander of the black watch. Because the commander saw something in John where he knew he would become the leader eventually. Whereas Michael Corleone was completely reluctant to want to assume leadership even though he did . Well there can be some similarities in the situations it is not precise. In this case the young lady could perhaps be taken under the wing of the head coach to eventually become one herself. You never know

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

No, he's saying she's Arya Stark. 

Learned last nite that Arya can sing...

... and drives an Audi EV.

Did not see either of those coming.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For us non-GOT fans, could you relate this to something cooler, like The Godfather? 😀

There is no GF paralllel.

Best I can do is Salino in The Sting.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Learned last nite that Arya can sing...

... and drives an Audi EV.

Did not see either of those coming.

You know, it was weird at our party. I was the only one of the 12 that liked it.

I should say that 4 of the 12 are 78 or older and had no idea who she was, 4 of them were millennials and were probably somehow 'offended' by the commercial and the other 3 are my age but apparently don't have a sense of humor.  

8 hours ago, D Bone said:

You know, it was weird at our party. I was the only one of the 12 that liked it.

I should say that 4 of the 12 are 78 or older and had no idea who she was, 4 of them were millennials and were probably somehow 'offended' by the commercial and the other 3 are my age but apparently don't have a sense of humor.  

She is a great little actress who I have seen in some other stuff including Dr. Who.