THE BROWNS BOARD

What does the Chief Of Staff do?

calfoxwc

I mean, just saw it on the news.

Well... I at first laughed at the pic of the really young guy they hired as a new asst coach.

Then I read the byline.

oops.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/01/browns-make-female-coaching-history-and-heres-how-theres-a-jets-connection.html

6IXRP2ZH3JD3POCUUXYQ2CYLHA.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, D Bone said:

As a coach of a female only sport for the last 18yrs, I say it's pretty fucking awesome and am all for it. 

That and I'm 100% convinced she'd be able to beat the shit out of the two guys who posted before you on this thread. 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

No issues here. If she is good, great move by Stefanski. Her resume seems to point that direction. The Haslams are terrible owners but one thing they are not afraid of is diversification. They are willing to hire (and fire) whomever. Stefanski said he wanted a diversified staff and he is certainly putting his money where his mouth is. The best part about it is that he is not making these hires out of "convenience". These are all well thought out and people he wants on his staff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Orion said:

We have a new Chief Of Staff.   Did we have one before?   What does she/he do?

Checks on staffs?  :)   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

"She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  :)  

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Checks on staffs?  :)   Just kidding.  https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-hire-callie-brownson-former-buffalo-bills-intern-as-kevin-stefanskis-chief-of-staff

No frickin' clue where she fits in the power structure. 

"She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have," Stefanski said, according to the Browns. “I think she's a go-getter. She's self-motivated. She's going to put all of her energy into this gig. What's exciting for me is ultimately I want to develop young coaches."

Tongue in cheek- "Cleveland Browns, an equal opportunity non discriminatory employer".  :)  

I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough.....

If she can assist with a brain that adds to better game day plans/executions, then give her a logarithmic bonus for every game over .500.🛎️🤑

• Haha 1

It's just ...

I saw it on the news, and figured they had the wrong picture. Obviously, she is far more qualified than certain know-it-alls who think they float on air on a football field.....

I'm sure she will do a great job. Maybe she got crewcut to not be so obvious in locker room. Who knows?

Seems obvious she loves the game, so....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-hire-callie-brownson-as-kevin-stefanski-s-chief-of-staff/ar-BBZwQn9

"Brownson brings a solid football background to the team, having played for eight seasons with the D.C. Divas of the Women’s Football Alliance. She is also a two-time gold medalist with Team USA, bringing home medals at the International Federation of American Football Women’s World Championships in Finland in 2013 and Vancouver in 2017. "

OK. After researching, and all, I have to apologize to Jim Donovan, albeit remotely, on this thread. I though surely he accidently put up a picture that wasn't Callie Brownson. "hahaha" ?

Except, she IS the real deal. She LOVES FOOTBALL. All said and done, I'd hire her too.

Back in the day before Title 9, my Wife played basketball, field hockey and softball for a university, with a bunch of other gals who loved sports. What's amazing, is that they played for the FUN of it, loved the game. They didn't have scholarships back then, or most of them wouldn't have been tall enough, strong enough, whatever. Not much funding came their way. One of their coaches, actually spoke in favor of Title 9 before Congress back then.

Years later, they honored all those gals for playing, and showing that the gals deserved fair funding. That day, all these gals hadn't seen each other for years, and after all the hugs including us husbands... they laughed and laughed about how much fun they had, all the pranks they pulled on their coaches...how no other team bullied them. They all told me my Wife was one of the shortest, but was one of the smartest and best. LOL

These gals were all about 5' to 5'10"...... They helped make history in women's sports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/01/alexandria-native-callie-brownson-named-chief-staff-browns-head-coach/

"I had the coaching skills and I was playing football so it made perfect sense," Brownson said. "I had let society's dialogue tell me that I hadn't really thought about that. He opened that door for me."

Brownson attended the NFL's first "Women's Careers in Football Forum," and, shortly thereafter, landed her first job in the NFL as a college/professional personnel scouting intern with the New York Jets in 2017.

"That was where I was like, 'This is where I belong,'" Brownson said. "I knew it was going to be hard and it was going to be tough to make it a permanent thing but I remember leaving there and saying, 'I've got to get back.'"

After attending the first-ever women's clinic at the Manning Passing Academy, Brownson landed her first full-time coaching job in 2018 as an offensive quality control coach under Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth, making her the first full-time female coach in Division I history. The next year, she turned a preseason internship into a full-time opportunity with the Bills.

Now, Brownson is ready to tackle her latest challenge in the same position that helped launch Stefanski's NFL coaching career.

"The education you gain in a position like this, you're not privy to some other position on the coaching staff. You're right outside. You're involved in every little operational aspect that has to do with his schedule and his decisions that he's making," Brownson said. "You're starting at the bare bones of creating a program. It's not just hiring staff, it's 'How do we want to run our offseason program? How do we make sure that this staff is given everything that they need from a programming perspective to then make sure that our guys are prepared and ready to play?' 

"It's the bare bones stuff, and that is something that I'm going to be actively involved in creating with him. Everything from the creative content around the building, the sayings that the players see on the wall and murals, the design is going to be all based off of his vision and being able to be a part of that is an education and experience you don't get in these other positions."

Callie Brownson's Professional Playing Background:

2010-17: D.C. Divas, safety/running back/slot receiver

Callie Brownson's Coaching Background:

2015-17: Mount Vernon High School, assistant coach
2017: New York Jets, college/professional personnel scouting intern
2018: Dartmouth College, coaching intern
2018: Dartmouth College, offensive quality control coach
2019: Buffalo Bills, coaching intern
2020-: Cleveland Browns, chief of staff

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:
7 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't need a broad to be a Liaison in a room full of swingin dicks.. Get out here with that crap!.. This team is already soft enough....Sounds like you have a hard on

I did until I saw you post.. Then immediately went flaccid!

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well you were always impotent in any argument you had with me so why should this be different? Haha

Don't pat your back too hard.. Your humility might begin to swell :P

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This was a thread that never should have been started in the first place given where it's particular attention was being called too.

Delete it and let's move on.

oh, stick a cork in it. You're just enraged SHE worked her way up to being a legit NFL coach, and you're stuck in a little "x's" and "O's" land.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, stick a cork in it. You're just enraged SHE worked her way up to being a legit NFL coach, and you're stuck in a little "x's" and "O's" land.

I can't eyeroll you any harder without going into a coma.

You're not making this thread to praise this womans work or debate her merits as a coach.  Your 1st and seconds comments, your very posts, were simply to insult the way she looks.

Put a fucking sock in it, Cal.

• Haha 2