Jump to content
ElkDawg

Deep Thoughts from Elk Fag

Recommended Posts

Well face it. The team is again in rebuild mode under a bunch of analytics guys with Depo and Berry being part of the previous fiasco before Dorsey came in and put some talent on the team.

 

If it's true that he crumpled up Depos analytics and tossed it in the trash, it just proves that old fashion legwork, scouting and filmwork are what finds talent. For the life of me, I didn't think Haslam was this stupid! Big time power play on Depos part.

 

He used Kitchens to get rid of Dorsey and hired his guys. All those interviews were a farce with never any intention to hire anyone else contradicting what Jimmuh told us when he fired Big John and Kitchens. Now we are stuck with a statistical baseball sparq guy running the organization. What a fucking joke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I propose to use this as a "Downer Zone" and so you guys could expand yourselves about your sorrows. 

Meanwhile the rest of us will comment on other threads. I'm not optimistic but guys are shouting fire long before we see a spark. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

Well face it. The team is again in rebuild mode under a bunch of analytics guys with Depo and Berry being part of the previous fiasco before Dorsey came in and put some talent on the team.

If it's true that he crumpled up Depos analytics and tossed it in the trash, it just proves that old fashion legwork, scouting and filmwork are what finds talent. For the life of me, I didn't think Haslam was this stupid! Big time power play on Depos part.

He used Kitchens to get rid of Dorsey and hired his guys. All those interviews were a farce with never any intention to hire anyone else contradicting what Jimmuh told us when he fired Big John and Kitchens. Now we are stuck with a statistical baseball sparq guy running the organization. What a fucking joke!

1) It's not going to be a "rebuild" Stefansky said there's plenty of talent on the team to work with. 

2) This was hardly a Power Play by Depodesta. Or did you forget Kitchens was Dorsey hand picked Head Coach, and failed miserably with the talent he was handed? Other way around- after massively screwing up on Freddie, Dorsey wanted a mulligan to pick the next Head Coach. Haslam told him you don't have final say this time. John picked up his football, and went home. And another reason Dorsey is gone "does not play well with others". My way, or the highway. John took to the highway. 

3) If you'd bother to listen to any of Depodesta's interviews, he's hardly an egomaniac. As much said the scouts know way more than he does about sparq and eveluating talent. All he's there for is to make sure those picks align with what everyone else in the room has in mind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Explain this sparq again

You ask, you get...  https://www.topendsports.com/testing/sparq-rating-system.htm

Sometimes sparq is helpful- but not every athletic freak turns out to be a top NFL player. OTOH, a guy like DK Metcalf probably blew the roof off with his sparq score.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

1) It's not going to be a "rebuild" Stefansky said there's plenty of talent on the team to work with. 

2) This was hardly a Power Play by Depodesta. Or did you forget Kitchens was Dorsey hand picked Head Coach, and failed miserably with the talent he was handed? Other way around- after massively screwing up on Freddie, Dorsey wanted a mulligan to pick the next Head Coach. Haslam told him you don't have final say this time. John picked up his football, and went home. And another reason Dorsey is gone "does not play well with others". My way, or the highway. John took to the highway. 

3) If you'd bother to listen to any of Depodesta's interviews, he's hardly an egomaniac. As much said the scouts know way more than he does about sparq and eveluating talent. All he's there for is to make sure those picks align with what everyone else in the room has in mind.  

You can drink the koolaid all ya want. I'm not buying. This story ended for me at 1-31. You same guys praising the analytics bs now are the same ones that praised it then. First time, shame on you second time..........get my drift?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nero said:

I propose to use this as a "Downer Zone" and so you guys could expand yourselves about your sorrows. 

Meanwhile the rest of us will comment on other threads. I'm not optimistic but guys are shouting fire long before we see a spark. 

Don't let the door hit ya in the azz ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ElkDawg said:

You can drink the koolaid all ya want. I'm not buying. This story ended for me at 1-31. You same guys praising the analytics bs now are the same ones that praised it then. First time, shame on you second time..........get my drift?

I'm hardly drinking the kool aid. Show me.... But to say right out of the gate this is going to be a repeat 1-31? We haven't even gotten to free agency, the draft, and a regular season game has yet to be played, but you're so damn sure it's going to suck again? You apparently took lessons from  our banned Ravens troll or Ghoolie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I'm hardly drinking the kool aid. Show me.... But to say right out of the gate this is going to be a repeat 1-31? We haven't even gotten to free agency, the draft, and a regular season game has yet to be played, but you're so damn sure it's going to suck again? You apparently took lessons from  our banned Ravens troll or Ghoolie. 

Fuck the Ravens and fuck Ghoolie. In fact that offends me so fuck you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

Don't let the door hit ya in the azz ;)

If you're going to be a major Debbie Downer- I'm sure no one here will miss your negativity. You're entitled to your opinion, but if all you have is doom and gloom- most of us would really rather not hear it. By any chance are you related to Dorsey?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

Fuck the Ravens and fuck Ghoolie. In fact that offends me so fuck you too!

And you're f'n gone for a couple weeks- Bye!!!!   And I would have given you more warning points- but I couldn't. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is an ElkDawg related to the Jackalope? Guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks to find out...

 

Meanwhile... this team managed to win 6 games under Freddie and we're going to fall to 2? Not seeing the logic in that...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

You ask, you get...  https://www.topendsports.com/testing/sparq-rating-system.htm

Sometimes sparq is helpful- but not every athletic freak turns out to be a top NFL player. OTOH, a guy like DK Metcalf probably blew the roof off with his sparq score.....  

Ronaldo Nehemiah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a difference a year makes. We were up and coming...new talent...optimistic...only question mark was Freddie. Credible players and coaches wanted to come here. Today, Haslam has succeeded in removing all the optimism of ever reaching mediocrity, let alone, the playoffs. He has once again reinforced his status as a moron among NFL owners. This team didn't just not live up to the hype of last season, they set a new standard for disappointment. How can a person who achieves the wealth this guy did, be so damn dumb? Or, is it like somebody else suggested?...did he buy the team with intentions of sabotaging us for life? While it was ridiculous when I first read that angle, I'm really starting to wonder. 0 - 16....our comfort zone....here we come again.  Haslam = moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Haslam has proven to be a football owner moron. Can't argue any of the facts...But, quit looking behind the Wizards curtains :o... Dolphins HC Bryan Flores is a perfect example, football is played between the white lines.. Get behind The Stefanski train to push this roster up the hill or simply jump off.. Go Brown$ !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Yes Haslam has proven to be a football owner moron. Can't argue any of the facts...But, quit looking behind the Wizards curtains :o... Dolphins HC Bryan Flores is a perfect example, football is played between the white lines.. Get behind The Stefanski train to push this roster up the hill or simply jump off.. Go Brown$ !! 

I get where your coming from. But the local papers, radio and tv reporters along with most others are pretty down on this system. Or I should say Haslams. They’re just con artists. Let us know when they’re gone. Go Browns

bye bye jimmydee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you're going to be a major Debbie Downer- I'm sure no one here will miss your negativity. You're entitled to your opinion, but if all you have is doom and gloom- most of us would really rather not hear it. By any chance are you related to Dorsey?   

Time for Louis to pipe in for ElkDog.😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very openly a fan of the latest moves but the point of Flores is an important one. That Miami team intentionally torpedo their season. Flores, coached the hell out of that terrible team to 5 wins. Does anyone else not recognize that Hue Jackson can't find a job ANYWHERE?!! Nobody wants to hire him. Everyone including myself and the media, lauded the Browns when they hired him at the time but hindsight being 20/20, we couldn't have been more wrong. Once again, Dorsey has been ousted now twice within two years from two separate organizations (one of which has gone on to the SB without him). That has to tell you something about his management style. The Browns even tried to retain him recognizing his ability to see talent.

I'm skeptical of some of the latest moves with Wolf and Van Pelt, but there's only so much an organization can do to retain people who a) are able to come b) want to stay. Wolf wanted out even after the attempts were made by Berry to keep him. IMOP, this was probably because his butt got hurt with Berry being promoted and he didn't. Highsmith is not going to another organization, he's essentially retiring. I think the Stefanski really wanted McDaniels or LaFluer from SF as OC, but SF blocked those guys, as is their right to do.

This team has too much talent to go 1-31. Let's see what happens once the off-season parades are over and we can have a better idea of how well this "team" is put together. To preemptively judge how this organization is going to be run is ridiculous. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Yes Haslam has proven to be a football owner moron. Can't argue any of the facts...But, quit looking behind the Wizards curtains :o... Dolphins HC Bryan Flores is a perfect example, football is played between the white lines.. Get behind The Stefanski train to push this roster up the hill or simply jump off.. Go Brown$ !! 

So...what you're saying is...don't criticize anything. Just blindly support the ownership no matter what?.....or don't root for the Browns? Bottom line: I don't root for the Haslams, the Lerners, or anyone who has proven to be incompetent in assembling a competitive NFL team in Cleveland. Stefanski is unproven...just like Kitchens was. For me to get behind him will take some evidence that he is or can become a decent HC. The rest of this management...Depodesta, Berry, Haslams,....they can all take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DePo is being ignored.. and this is proven by DePo's top recommendation as coach 2 years in a row now getting hired?

OK, then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ronaldo Nehemiah?

I've said it in many places. If a 40 time was a predictor of NFL success, Reynaldo  would be in the HOF.  :)

There's a  term for these sort of  players  Gipper.  Combine  "workout warriors". Great  measurables,  but suck  as football  players. Our own Justin Gilbert & Barky Mingo, the Jets Vernon Gholston,  and one of the all time  busts, Jamarcus Russell qualify. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lodilobo said:

What a difference a year makes. We were up and coming...new talent...optimistic...only question mark was Freddie. Credible players and coaches wanted to come here. Today, Haslam has succeeded in removing all the optimism of ever reaching mediocrity, let alone, the playoffs. He has once again reinforced his status as a moron among NFL owners. This team didn't just not live up to the hype of last season, they set a new standard for disappointment. How can a person who achieves the wealth this guy did, be so damn dumb? Or, is it like somebody else suggested?...did he buy the team with intentions of sabotaging us for life? While it was ridiculous when I first read that angle, I'm really starting to wonder. 0 - 16....our comfort zone....here we come again.  Haslam = moron.

Freddie there you have it. And who  promoted Kitchens? Dorsey. The Chiefs seem to be  doing  OK without  him. John wasn't  willing to  admit a huge mistake  and work with the rest of the FO, so he's  gone. His departure  can't be  pinned on  Haslam. Sure, we were 6-10 last year, but we probably  could have won at least 4 more with  better coaching,  and now  we're  going to sink to 1-15 with the same  roster? At first impression,  Stefansky has more intelligence and organizational  skills  in his  foot than Freddie  has in his entire  body. 

The key to the whole "process" if you will  is if Haslam,  Berry, and  Depodesta  have learned  from their  mistakes.  I'm  willing to  at least  give  them a chance.  

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I get where your coming from. But the local papers, radio and tv reporters along with most others are pretty down on this system. Or I should say Haslams. They’re just con artists. Let us know when they’re gone. Go Browns

bye bye jimmydee

It failed before,  it's  certainly  going to  fail  again.  Time  will  tell. You can call  the Haslam's  incompetent,  but they're  certainly not  con artists. They sincerely want to  win. So far, their methods have failed. Gipper can confirm  a few years ago Jimmy came  down and  was hanging out  at the Tennessee Browns Backers tailgate  before the  Titans  game. How many  owners would do that? Or bartend before the London  game?

Said it before,  a bunch of us oldsters are running out of time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I thought Stefanski was his (Depodesta's) top recommendation

Overruled by Dorsey. Que up Sinatra's "My Way" for John. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lodilobo said:

So...what you're saying is...don't criticize anything. Just blindly support the ownership no matter what?.....or don't root for the Browns? Bottom line: I don't root for the Haslams, the Lerners, or anyone who has proven to be incompetent in assembling a competitive NFL team in Cleveland. Stefanski is unproven...just like Kitchens was. For me to get behind him will take some evidence that he is or can become a decent HC. The rest of this management...Depodesta, Berry, Haslams,....they can all take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned.

Who said anything about  blind support?  I certainly  said it- SHOW ME this time around. 

I get the years of losing  and failed  expectations have caused plenty of  fans to take a  jaundiced  eye towards  anything  Browns.  But this time around, the acid criticism right out  of the gate without  even giving the Front Office  and  Coaches a chance  is over the top. MHO. 

Regarding Stefansky being "unproven" 90%+ of all head coach hires are unproven first time around. And the failure rate of "proven" retread head coaches is spectacular,  with few exceptions.  Hue and Shure-loss for starters, and I could probably  come up with at least a dozen  others if I  bothered to think about it  for a minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Who said anything about  blind support?  I certainly  said it- SHOW ME this time around. 

I get the years of losing  and failed  expectations have caused plenty of  fans to take a  jaundiced  eye towards  anything  Browns.  But this time around, the acid criticism right out  of the gate without  even giving the Front Office  and  Coaches a chance  is over the top. MHO. 

Regarding Stefansky being "unproven" 90%+ of all head coach hires are unproven first time around. And the failure rate of "proven" retread head coaches is spectacular,  with few exceptions.  Hue and Shure-loss for starters, and I could probably  come up with at least a dozen  others if I  bothered to think about it  for a minute. 

Exactly right.  

These guys all deserve the fans support until they prove that they don't deserve it when the games are actually being played.   Just like with Freddie last year.   I loved everything he said last offseason and I really thought and hoped he would be a very good HC.   He proved he wasn't ready for the job by his performance as a HC when the games started.   Hopefully Stefanski is a guy who can make the leap from coordinator to HC and be very good at the job.   I think he can....at least until he proves that he can't. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Exactly right.  

These guys all deserve the fans support until they prove that they don't deserve it when the games are actually being played.   Just like with Freddie last year.   I loved everything he said last offseason and I really thought and hoped he would be a very good HC.   He proved he wasn't ready for the job by his performance as a HC when the games started.   Hopefully Stefanski is a guy who can make the leap from coordinator to HC and be very good at the job.   I think he can....at least until he proves that he can't. 

These cock suckers deserve nothing!... They must EARN IT!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nickers said:

These cock suckers deserve nothing!... They must EARN IT!!

you can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative..  the choice is yours... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark O said:

you can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative..  the choice is yours... 

Is there no neutral?  I think I am kind of in neutral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×