Sign in to follow this  
Ibleedbrown

Alex Van Pelt - OC

7 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

seems like an excellent staff being put together. Woods... and Van Pelt...

"He’ll help run a version of the West Coast offense that Gary Kubiak, now the Vikings coordinator, installed in Minnesota last year with Stefanski running the offense.

It’s virtually the same scheme that Kyle Shanahan coached to a Super Bowl berth Sunday against the Chiefs."

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

The Van Pelt family has a rich football history.

latest?cb=20100523172400

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The Van Pelt family has a rich football history.

latest?cb=20100523172400

If the Browns were to ever put a logo on their helmet, there it is... 

• Upvote 1

this will call for some early morning research.. Am aware of only 2 Van Pelt's in my short lifetime..1) Scott on ESPN..2) and this hoodlum from the movie Jumanji 4Axh.gif   hell, a couple weeks with Baker this could happen to anybody.. good night Merica!!  

• Haha 1

There was a Bradvan pelt who was a Michigan State  linebacker oh back in the day maybe in the 70s very good player. There was also a van pelt that was a quarterback or is this Alex van pelt that guy

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Looking at Wiki, he's bounced around. A lot of his bouncing had to do when teams cut their entire coaching staff loose. 

Alex van pelt is the quarterback van pelt that I’m thinking of. But with Brad Van Pelt the linebacker from Michigan State died in 2009

Smiled when I saw this news... and I don't know why.

Those that wanted McCarthy should be pleased with the choice... Alex spent years rotating thru the skill positions under Mike.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

this will call for some early morning research.. Am aware of only 2 Van Pelt's in my short lifetime..1) Scott on ESPN..2) and this hoodlum from the movie Jumanji

You don't remember Brad? Good player on a bunch of bad NYG teams. He was starting LB for NYG for about a decade including a couple seasons at the end of his NY stint opposite LT. He then spent a season of two in OAK before having a cup of coffee with us just prior to retiring. He went to a few Pro Bowls.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There was a Bradvan pelt who was a Michigan State  linebacker oh back in the day maybe in the 70s very good player. There was also a van pelt that was a quarterback or is this Alex van pelt that guy

This is the QB from Pitt and the Buffalo Bills. Brad Van Pelt played for us at the end of his career.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

Aaron Rodgers has given some very (public) high praise of Van Pelt as his QB coach.    Most notably his hard work, preparation and game day input. 

Hoping that translates to something.  I really know little about his schematic and personnel philosophy but look forward to finding out.

I am just waiting for flipping the roster upside down.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Despair is.. really not the right reaction here.

There's a time when he was a coveted hire

Rodgers didn't want to let him go

Van Pelt's impact on Cincy - "if you’re asking me who’s an early front-runner for Bengals coach of the year, it’s Van Pelt"

There's  plenty of  despair, doom and gloom  making the  rounds now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

More than enough to be honest.  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

It is all a symptom of mistrust

8 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

To be fair, Jimmy's given us absolutely nothing to trust

He's brought his go-getter attitude that gave the world a kick-ass rebate program at Flying J to the Browns!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

To be fair, Jimmy's given us absolutely nothing to trust

Precisely

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's brought his go-getter attitude that gave the world a kick-ass rebate program at Flying J to the Browns!

Except Jimmah knew nothing about that program...

... hummm...

Maybe we need the Rebate Mgr running the team...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Except Jimmah knew nothing about that program...

... hummm...

Maybe we need the Rebate Mgr running the team...

Jimmy couldn't be accountable for those rebates kind of like no one specifically could be held accountable for the clusterfuck that was The Process. I'm starting to see his never-dying love for it!

• Upvote 1

https://theathletic.com/1620482/2020/02/19/interpreting-offensive-coordinator-alex-van-pelts-first-browns-news-conference/?source=shared_article&share_token=5e4db8bdd0abf6.50885006

Recent Pat McManamon article in the Athletic. The site said l could share the article with a friend, so l linked above. Let me know if it holds up.

I really like this Van Pelt guy. Says real “sink your teeth into” stuff. I’ll link a cleveland.com article below that had snippets of the interview.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/browns-oc-alex-van-pelt-wants-baker-mayfield-leading-with-his-left-foot-will-double-as-qb-coach-not-wed-to-calling-plays.html%3foutputType=amp

• Thanks 1