THE BROWNS BOARD

Alex Van Pelt - OC

Ibleedbrown

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

You could argue TE position group was the worst position group last year and quite honestly it wasn’t That talented for the week and half we had NJoku either. 

I might argue that an awful lot was asked of the TE group last year and they maybe weren’t put in the best position to succeed. Stuff like having the TE block the other team’s star DE within the play call. 

I also think Baker’s change up is a work in progress. There’s that certain style of timing touch pass that seems mighty effective with TEs and RBs from the backfield that Baker hasn’t quite got the hang of.

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You could argue TE position group was the worst position group last

I'd argue the OL...but...Njoku had an off year and, not that Fells was a great TE but he was pretty good and for some unknown reason we let him go to replace him with Pharoh Brown...who's no where near as good as Fells.  

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I might argue that an awful lot was asked of the TE group last year and they maybe weren’t put in the best position to succeed. Stuff like having the TE block the other team’s star DE within the play call. 

Correct. Yes, we had TE's schemed to block DE's.  And TE's are no match for DE's.   We had some poorly designed offensive plays.

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Njoku had an off year a year off

FIFY....

I know David's not played to his Draft status, but you can't lose your top guy in a position room in Game 2 and expect the group to shine.

He had a decent Week 1 (4 catches, 9+ YPR, 1 TD). He needed the full season for his development.

I'm curious to see what 2020 brings. Three Vike TEs combined for 105 receptions, 800+ yds and 8 TDs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

FIFY....

I know David's not played to his Draft status, but you can't lose your top guy in a position room in Game 2 and expect the group to shine.

He had a decent Week 1 (4 catches, 9+ YPR, 1 TD). He needed the full season for his development.

I'm curious to see what 2020 brings. Three Vike TEs combined for 105 receptions, 800+ yds and 8 TDs.

I honestly think and believe this is Njoku's last year here to put it together.. I hope he does.. he's a great kid... He's one of those kids I'm pullin' for... He may never be complete.. But He's not without talent....