THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns To Announce Berry as GM

darren15

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

Sky's the limit according Jim Donovan over at wkyc

Doesn't he always sound like that ?

Supposedly Wolf has said, 'Later dudes!'.

I do not like the fact that well respected talent evaluators are now gone.

Chris Rose said today that a guy he knows at the Eagles said, They couldn't drive Berry to the airport fast enough.

I've got a BAD feeling about this.   Again.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

I do not like the fact that well respected talent evaluators are now gone.

Chris Rose said today that a guy he knows at the Eagles said, They couldn't drive Berry to the airport fast enough.

I've got a BAD feeling about this.   Again.

Rumors are already swirling that Wolf's position will be filled by another brilliant Ivy League mind, Andy Bernard from Cornell. 

andy bernard cornell.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Rumors are already swirling that Wolf's position will be filled by another brilliant Ivy League mind, Andy Bernard from Cornell. 

Great!  Once again we're going to out-smart the rest of the league.

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

The Director of College Scouting Steve Malin has also been let go.

Must have interviewed poorly.

Shocked to read he handled the 2019, post-draft pressers. Not very memorable...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Great!  Once again we're going to out-smart the rest of the league.

I'll bet my Cornell wife had better grades. Hire her. She can learn to throw darts at a board of players' names as well as anyone has so far.😁

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

She can learn to throw darts at a board of players' names as well as anyone has so far.😁

Problem is every name on the only board available to her would be an Aggie...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

An Aggie was about the only good great choice The Process ever made, to be fair. 

FIFY... depending on how you feel about Schobert, MG may well be the only one.

But... as long as we are being "fair"... there are other good choices as well. Some just play for other teams now thanks to a "football guy" who wanted to skip from year one to year five with a 1st-year HC who redefined the term "rookie".

2 hours ago, Orion said:

... and Daddy's pissed...

As Eliot Wolf leaves the Browns, Ron Wolf blasts “out of control” analytics

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 29, 2020, 5:39 PM EST

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/29/as-eliot-wolf-leaves-the-browns-ron-wolf-blasts-out-of-control-analytics/

Well... fuck Daddy Wolf and the horse he retired on. Only reason he won anything in GB is that God told Reggie White to play for GB.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... fuck Daddy Wolf and the horse he retired on.

Because Jimmy's got the answer, right?   THIS time he WILL out-smart the league.  Flush the football people and bring back the Think Tank.

fucking depressing

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... and Daddy's pissed...

Well... fuck Daddy Wolf and the horse he retired on. Only reason he won anything in GB is that God told Reggie White to play for GB.

From that article....  

"Ron Wolf certainly has an old-school approach to the game, and it served him well during his tenure in the NFL, which spanned most of the second half of the 20th Century. But in the 21st Century, analytics are an increasingly important part of the NFL. The Browns’ failures don’t negate that."

Little wonder Dorsey loved Wolf's bring in football guys approach. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

From that article....  

"Ron Wolf certainly has an old-school approach to the game, and it served him well during his tenure in the NFL, which spanned most of the second half of the 20th Century. But in the 21st Century, analytics are an increasingly important part of the NFL. The Browns’ failures don’t negate that."

Little wonder Dorsey loved Wolf's bring in football guys approach. 

The Browns failures  may not negate it but it certainly may indict it

3 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

I read this book, saw the movie, know the ending. The names have changed, but the people are the same. Last time it ended 1-32. Any questions?

And some of the names are the same. Some people learn from their mistakes...

If you don't have any hope things are going to improve, Start rooting for the Chiefs- or some other winner- Eyore. 

8 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

Sorry pal. These guys are lucky I'm a fan at all. When Art moved the team, I hung football up and honed my bowhunting skills. I don't need football. Football needs me.  Figured I'd give them another chance in '99. If I tell the Browns to fuck off, there won't be another team......

With fans like you- who needs enemies?   

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

This thread is like the ending of Old Yeller. 

But there's one thing we all have in common. We were all stupid enough to remain Browns fans!

4 hours ago, ElkDawg said:

I read this book, saw the movie, know the ending. The names have changed, but the people are the same. Last time it ended 1-32. Any questions?

Hey there, you already have a "Downer Zone" thread. No need to spread the good news. 

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Problem is every name on the only board available to her would be an Aggie...

Well not too many on the board this year. Only the punter and we got ours last year. Someone will get a great one. Only TD Madubuike would be a decent 3-4th rounder. Our best players will be this year's freshmen and next years. Two excellent recruiting years in a row despite the late start last year when Jimbo arrived. It was smart to give him a 10 year contract IMO.

13 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Most of the board members are like the ending of Old Yeller....   Exactly why I stay away for long periods of time.  

yeah, but nobody could drag them thru the 'old cellar' like you..Hoorta blinds them first by vaporizing gun, Than kicks them between the teeth🎃.. good to see ya posting again 👍

24 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Most of the board members are like the ending of Old Yeller....   Exactly why I stay away for long periods of time.  

I noticed that "mutants" from the clip also starts with an "M". Good to see you around "M"ark.😂

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

yeah, but nobody could drag them thru the 'old cellar' like you..Hoorta blinds them first by vaporizing gun, Than kicks them between the teeth🎃.. good to see ya posting again 👍

not sure how long I'll last during the offseason with all the doom and gloom 6 months before they even play a practice game. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

not sure how long I'll last during the offseason with all the doom and gloom 6 months before they even play a practice game. 

Well join the BB mock draft then. It's a great way to speculate and become familiar with the best players available. Plus it's fun when we actually draft and we hear a collective "WTF, who the hell is that and why that high? a la Tico Taco, Corbett, etc."🤣