THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns To Announce Berry as GM

darren15

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What is past is prologue. 

In the words you see as a disclaimer in every investment ad- "past performance is no guarantee of future results". 

Depo has said- they're still learning. Question is- has trigger finger firing Jimmy learned- even if the desired results aren't instant, will he have enough patience this time to not blow up everything again after a year or two? It was obvious to the outside media early on- Freddie was a pretty poor choice to be HC, but that generally fell on deaf ears to Browns fans.  Stefansky seems to be way more intelligent. It remains to be seen how well he can coach.  Or for that matter- how good the Ivy League triumvirate will be at assessing FAs and draft talent.  :)  

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It’s Scut 

True. Apparently his role was played using his nickname.

Scott "Scut" Farkus is the main antagonist of the 1983 classic family film A Christmas Story. He is the neighborhood bully who picks on Ralphie Parker, his friends Flick and Schwartz and Ralphie's brother Randy. Scut also has a right-hand man named Grover Dill.

And to my great satisfaction, I noticed Berry is left handed- like a disproportionate number of geniuses are. Graduating with a Masters degree from Harvard at 21 probably qualifies.  :)  (If you're left handed like me, it's the first thing you notice)  Add in Bill Gates, Oprah, Leonardo DaVinci, Michelangelo, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, and plenty of others.  

Andrew Berry named Executive Vice President of Football Operations and General Manager

Ok, i can head off to work now🚴‍♂️.. the Dutch'er has found his crankie Morning Archie Bunker recliner..:lol:... 🛋️   

posted the same back than & am posting the same again with Berry back..

Sashi, like Depo could not white board a football play nor Zone Blocking scheme on a white board if they were asked..they both may shop a Good Feet store, but neither could tell ya what a NFL dancing bear even looks like..🐻

stripped a roster down to studs with barely any true NFL level scouting staff to build it back, But Andrew Berry.. (SparQ scores seemed to oversee true game scouting)..than Sash also found out, adding any vet'd FA's came with a over priced, Cleveland price tag (not all on Sashi either, but maybe Haslam needed a analynic report card too) 

At some point, Berry thought bringing in Grigson, a former Colts GM that traded for Trent Richardson was a good idea...

If this plan includes gathering all scouting reports from wolfe's & highsmith's scouting staff, than turning them loose after Combine or draft? Were simpleton Fuucck'd again.. much worse than Dorsey tossing Depo's anal papers into the trash..🔮 

Am Staying tuned, cause I do like the possible

a) Coaching Staff Kevin is seeming to put together "on Paper"

b) Not much in brash player, ego tweets like we have done anything after losing to the Bengals..

A Smarter, quieter team ego maybe off to it's best start? and That may have started with the hiring of Kevin Stefanski? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

And to my great satisfaction, I noticed Berry is left handed- like a disproportionate number of geniuses are. Graduating with a Masters degree from Harvard at 21 probably qualifies.  :)  (If you're left handed like me, it's the first thing you notice)  Add in Bill Gates, Oprah, Leonardo DaVinci, Michelangelo, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, and plenty of others.  

Andrew Berry named Executive Vice President of Football Operations and General Manager

Osama bin Laden. Albert Desalvo, Tojo, John Dillinger,

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You're going to ride that pony into the sunset for the rest of your life, aren't you?

Sashi was to blame for nothing... Berry was to blame for nothing... DePodesta was to blame for nothing... 

But when something actually went right in those two years, Tour can hand out platitudes to Sashi like a Kentucky outgoing governor handing out pardons...

Gettin' real old, Dutch... here's some advice you'd benefit from: First seek to understand, then seek to be understood.

I asked a legitimate question since in a true consensus process it is impossible to place credit or blame for any single pick. But since you saw fit to interject, perhaps you have a selection or two who are attributable directly to Berry to offer.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

If this plan includes gathering all scouting reports from wolfe's & highsmith's scouting staff, than turning them loose after Combine or draft?

Could wait that long, I guess.

The @Browns have decided to officially part ways with assistant GM Elliot Wolf and VP/personnel Alonzo Highsmith now that Andrew Berry has been hired as GM, per sources

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) January 29, 2020

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Beyond that Depodesta and Haslam are the only constants. For sure, should the Browns continue to suck Depodesta is gonzo. I'm willing to at least give Berry a chance until proven otherwise. I doubt if he had a major hand in the previous train wreck Haslam would have rehired him. 

Disagree on Depo because Jimmah will be in the position to know who has contributed what to whatever success or failure we experience.

On Berry... have to first remember that he was not part of the 2018 housecleaning. He left in 2019. So he was already seen as above the fray that led to Sashi's ousting. That said...

More and more I think this 2020 edition of the Browns' FO is squarely on Berry. I think he is going to in fact be the "decider GM in chief" many here falsely believe Sashi was.

Gone is the consensus process... welcome to the age of collaboration.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Disagree on Depo because Jimmah will be in the position to know who has contributed what to whatever success or failure we experience.

On Berry... have to first remember that he was not part of the 2018 housecleaning. He left in 2019. So he was already seen as above the fray that led to Sashi's ousting. That said...

More and more I think this 2020 edition of the Browns' FO is squarely on Berry. I think he is going to in fact be the "decider GM in chief" many here falsely believe Sashi was.

Gone is the consensus process... welcome to the age of collaboration.

Doesnt matter... They will still suck...

23 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I expect Elliot Wolf will soon be preparing his PowerPoint presentation, as to why he wants out of Cleveland.

image.thumb.png.7da3e94ca6a04fe2bed724274bc789ad.png

Who didn't see that one coming?

I guess that leaves an opening for Ray Farmer.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Osama bin Laden. Albert Desalvo, Tojo, John Dillinger,

You forgot Jack the Ripper in the Lefties HOF... :D 

LOL, Osama figured out how to blow up two skyscrapers with airplanes... Pretty genius if you ask  me. :( 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

his first order of buisness was to fire highsmith and wolf

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I could only find a link to firing Highsmith with Wolf TBD. You got one showing Wolf fired too?

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported the Browns also decided to part ways with assistant GM Eliot Wolf. But Mortensen later amended his report to say there is an ongoing discussion about whether Wolf will remain with the Browns or leave them.

A source confirmed Wolf’s future with the franchise has yet to be decided.

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200129/browns-and-player-personnel-executives-alonzo-highsmith-steve-malin-part-ways

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported the Browns also decided to part ways with assistant GM Eliot Wolf. But Mortensen later amended his report to say there is an ongoing discussion about whether Wolf will remain with the Browns or leave them.

A source confirmed Wolf’s future with the franchise has yet to be decided.

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200129/browns-and-player-personnel-executives-alonzo-highsmith-steve-malin-part-ways

Wolf will be gone too. This is just posturing so the Browns can say “Hey, we tried to keep him” Just like they did to Dorsey

OUR OWNER SUCKS!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes they are a strange lot of human beings.    :blink: