THE BROWNS BOARD

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

hoorta

1 hour ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Actually there's some reports saying it's 9 total. Sucks as I was huge fan and had hoped we had a Cavs vs Lakers finals at some point. RIP Black Mamba.

It's possible. :(  Did a little research and the Sikorsky S-76 is a pretty big helicopter. You're not flying one of those around for traffic reports. Can seat up to 13.  Cruising speed 178 mph, with a retractable landing gear. 

OMG wtf. Didn't expect such news... I've never been a basketball fan, but he was the kind of player everyone knows about. 

13 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

There were 5 others that died too....

Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."

No. They don't. 

Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark. 

• Upvote 1

James Whitlock was talking about that this morning. He said Bryant was with his daughter, as noted, on their way to him coaching their basketball team. He said Kobe Bryant was surely the most intelligent, classiest basketball player in NB
A history. Spoke...3? 4 languages?

Apparently, his Wife (they married in 2001)...was not on the plane, too. Just a heart break, and I don't even follow much basketball.

Serious sympathy to all his remaining family and friends.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens?  No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."

No. They don't.

J.P. Richardson (Chantilly Lace) and her driver was too f'n drunk to drive, which is why she died.

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Yeah I keep hearing people say that but the truth is nobody cares. People die every day that are not noteworthy. Does anyone remember who else was killed in the plane crash that killed buddy Holly and Richie Valens? How about Ronnie van zant? Jim Croce? No? Then shut up. I mean when referencing the princess Diana car crash does anyone go "hey, guys, remember her driver died too."

No. They don't. 

Kobe was an all time great. Let people remember him without some snide crap remark. 

Spot on

The only thing that puzzles me is all the little fragments of the helicopter all over the place like a bomb went off or a missile hit it (and no I'm not trying to make this a conspiracy) Somebody mentioned that someone said the engine was cutting out, the thing must have dropped out of the sky and free falled from thousands of feet. Can't imagine there would be any remains left after the fire.

Such a terrible way to go out. May god have mercy on all the souls aboard that aircraft.

26 minutes ago, Neo said:

The only thing that puzzles me is all the little fragments of the helicopter all over the place like a bomb went off or a missile hit it (and no I'm not trying to make this a conspiracy) Somebody mentioned that someone said the engine was cutting out, the thing must have dropped out of the sky and free falled from thousands of feet. Can't imagine there would be any remains left after the fire.

Such a terrible way to go out. May god have mercy on all the souls aboard that aircraft.

It may not have come in clean, & come apart as it scraped the ground, or the chopper exploded on impact (possible). The other thing that may have been a factor is the weather. It was foggy- so foggy the LAPD had grounded all their choppers. For those of you who know about aviation- the control towers had suspended VFR- visual flight rules. The pilot was apparently allowed to proceed under SVFR- special visual flight rules, and told to stay under 2,500'. If those hills were higher than that- oh well, never saw it coming until it was too late. If the visibility was 500' and he was flying at 150mph- allowing for reaction time, the pilot had a tad over a second to pull up. When I have time later I'll post a personal experience I had many years ago encountering crash parts of a plane in a similar situation....  

I agree- when the chopper burned- all aboard got a free cremation service. probably not much left. 

10 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

No. They don't. 

Ok..lets not pretend he was gods gift to athletes...another Ben Rothlesberger who outlived peoples memories...you probably love ray rice too.

Sad for everyone involved..but i wonder how the woman he assaulted feels?

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Did he have any dirt on the Clintons?

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Stalking implies someone who goes out of there way to follow and watch someone.

You proudly post your idiotic, douchebag takes for the world to see.

😢