THE BROWNS BOARD

Chinese Bio lab located in Wuhan where corona virus started.........

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This situation is much more serious than most on here are willing to believe.  Hopefully the USA can prevent the spread, but from what I'm hearing thats not likely as in the coming weeks it's likely to spread.

actually, we are concerned a bit - they waited a bit too late to quarantine/stop flights around the world.

I might go buy some good masks and theraflu in case it hits here on a bigger scale.

I don't get the desire to "stop the public from panicking", then later, it gets out of hand because they limited the truth, and THEN it's not just panic, but real disease/disaster spread wider.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, we are concerned a bit - they waited a bit too late to quarantine/stop flights around the world.

I might go buy some good masks and theraflu in case it hits here on a bigger scale.

I don't get the desire to "stop the public from panicking", then later, it gets out of hand because they limited the truth, and THEN it's not just panic, but real disease/disaster spread wider.

I would say Cal the good masks were gone weeks ago. You posted a while back about the theraflu and I thought that was a good idea and bought some to have on hand.I took the advice of the health experts and stockpiled water, food , medicine and other supplies in case of a flu pandemic. I bought some surgical masks a few weeks ago and now they are very hard to find in stores. 

I don't know if the coronavirus is the big flu pandemic that the health experts say we are past due for or not but I also think it would be wise not to dismiss it either.

stopped by the drug store - they have been out of masks for weeks - and HQ can't get them in yet.

not good. There isn't any rush here in America. But in China - "it doesn't spread between humans"...

I think that is a lie. If it breaks out here in Ohio, we have food, water, to not go out for weeks.

53 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I am sure there was lots of pants shitting terror in that one. I think we all died and are posting in Purgatory.

Cysko (and others) were calling to just murder everyone in Africa that was infected in order to contain the disease.

Then it went down a tangent with AIDs where statistics were pulled out of an ass without anything to back it up... so the usual 

39 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

stopped by the drug store - they have been out of masks for weeks - and HQ can't get them in yet.

not good. There isn't any rush here in America. But in China - "it doesn't spread between humans"...

I think that is a lie. If it breaks out here in Ohio, we have food, water, to not go out for weeks.

image.png.b3f777869dc89ffd21ec78fb10114d63.pngimage.png.ba977b1d08cbcb2cf717e3c8618afa73.png

😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Cysko (and others) were calling to just murder everyone in Africa that was infected in order to contain the disease.

Then it went down a tangent with AIDs where statistics were pulled out of an ass without anything to back it up... so the usual 

Still seems like a good idea. Fuck 'em I say.

So I was reading this. To be fair that was a rough time. My whole family was literally stuck in University hospital on adelbert for like seven straight days because they had to basically rebuild my second son's entire skull. Sitting around while you know your kid's head is basically open to the brain is a bit of a helpless feeling. It's possible I was mostly projecting some of that anxiety. Still the last shit you want to hear about while you're stuck in a place full of sick people is Ebola. 

• Upvote 1

Coronavirus Confounds Health Experts

As the outbreak continues, China logged 73 new fatalities Thursday to reach a death toll of 563. As of last night, officials have recorded more than 28,000 confirmed cases — in addition to nearly 25,000 suspected ones — with the youngest being a 30-hour-old newborn. Global health experts will meet in Geneva next week to discuss possible treatments and vaccines. Currently, said a World Health Organization spokesman, "there are no known effective therapeutics."

Are there any hidden risks? Some experts are urging the world against displays of prejudice and xenophobia as global concern grows, saying "transparency and education" are the best bets to fight panic.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The ones I really feel for are the passengers in rooms in the interior of the ship. At least those like shown in the photo with balconies can get outside and get fresh air. I can't imagine how bad it is for those trapped in rooms in the interior of the ship.

I'm putting on my surgical mask, rubber gloves and goggles and going to lunch at the Chinese Garden Restaurant. Wish me well. 

Just kidding but I did read where business at Chinese restaurants have taken a hit due to fears of the coronavirus which seems silly at this point.This may end up being a pandemic but we aren't close to that yet with only some isolated cases here. I do have concerns though that this is a much bigger problem in China than they want the world to know about.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:55 AM, OldBrownsFan said:

The ones I really feel for are the passengers in rooms in the interior of the ship. At least those like shown in the photo with balconies can get outside and get fresh air. I can't imagine how bad it is for those trapped in rooms in the interior of the ship.

over 60 infected now, including 10 Americans.

Wuhan Rounds Up the Infected as Death Toll in China Jumps ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

2 days ago · There are also more than 200 cases of infection outside China. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Spread of the Outbreak The virus has sickened more than 34,900 people in China …

not good: forget 34,900....

Coronavirus "whistleblower" nurse says China has 90,000 sick

https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/coronavirus...

Jan 26, 2020 · The coronavirus now has a whistleblower - a nurse in Wuhan who insists in a shocking online video that close to 90,000 people in China have the …

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

Wuhan Rounds Up the Infected as Death Toll in China Jumps ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

2 days ago · There are also more than 200 cases of infection outside China. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Spread of the Outbreak The virus has sickened more than 34,900 people in China …

And journalists and citizens reporting what is happening in China about the corona virus are either being arrested or suddenly disappearing. This is much more serious in China than they want the rest of the world to know about.