THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns RB Kareem Hunt cited for speeding; marijuana found in car

Vambo

On 1/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, SkippinTurtles said:

Kareem Hunt is a legit RB1 with All-Pro and HOF potential.  Age 24.  Averages 10 yards per catch at RB.  Has multiple 50 yard plus plays.  Pre Mahomes as a rookie led the NFL in rushing.

I liked him better when he put in the work on and off the field to prove what he was capable of as a rookie.  But today he's only the 2nd best RB on the Cleveland Browns; because there's a more dedicated PROFESSIONAL in front of him on and especially off the field.  Chubb is bigger, faster and stronger with a nice little resume featuring elite yards after contact. 

Hunt also likes to party like Callaway, who will be suiting up for the XFL/EXFL this month.  If Hunt wasn't from Ohio - his path and choices of company would be as disturbing as those of Josh Gordon and Johnny Manziel.  So for now, we're always going to hear everything is overblown when he's in the wrong place with the wrong company 1 more time in an increasing trend. 

Maybe he'd be more inspired to get back to the rookie year mentality in a place where that would get him the majority of reps.  Unfortunately, we've always had the kind of luck when we thought we were deep at a position we traded/released good players only to lose the guys we kept to injury shortly thereafter.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, SkippinTurtles said:
  1. Averages 10 yards per catch at RB. 
  2. Pre Mahomes as a rookie led the NFL in rushing.
  1. Only because Post-Mahomes  in 2018, as part of one of the most potent pass attacks ever seen, he averaged 14.5 ypr. vs 8.6 in 2017.
  2. In a much more balanced 2017, KC attack under Alex Smith.

Flugs addressed rushing so I'll take receiving. In 2019 both Hunt and Chubb averaged 7.7 ypr on nearly identical catch totals. So while Hunt may look the part of "the better receiving back", functionally they were the same.

• Thanks 1

Bump....  Obviously, Jimmy isn't happy, neither are Andy and Kev. Could be you screw up again, it's adios.  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/jimmy-haslam-calls-kareem-hunts-actions-unacceptable-and-they-want-him-back-if-he-can-follow-the-expectations-weve-laid-out.html

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bump....  Obviously, Jimmy isn't happy, neither are Andy and Kev. Could be you screw up again, it's adios.  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/02/jimmy-haslam-calls-kareem-hunts-actions-unacceptable-and-they-want-him-back-if-he-can-follow-the-expectations-weve-laid-out.html

Agreed. The way I interpreted what I heard from them is..."One more time & it's curtains". Hunt is skatin' on REAL thin ice.

Mike

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Seems dudes always 'understand it', right up until they do it again. 

One thing fer sure, Ownership, Coaches, and Front Office laid it on the line for Kareem. You're not getting a 1\2 dozen chances like we gave Josh Gordon. 

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

Seems dudes always 'understand it', right up until they do it again. 

Yeah and they're not really sorry that they did something......just that they got caught, again.  

They have red flag warnings  on them for a reason.  And things like character do count a lot in the long run.

• Upvote 2

I'm growing more and more fond of BC's AJ DIllon.

At 250# he's big enough to play FB. Give us a short-yardage battering ram.

And should post about a 4.5 at the Combine. Trimmed down some he could be a fill in at RB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And should post about a 4.5 at the Combine. Trimmed down some he could be a fill in at RB.

And if there is one chink in Chubb's game, I think it might be his ability to pound the ball into the endzone from short range. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

And if there is one chink in Chubb's game, I think it might be his ability to pound the ball into the endzone from short range. 

I'm not so sure. It was (IMHO) all about scheme. Any back is in trouble when the ball is on the 1 or 2 yard line & the handoff is at the 5 or 6. The yardline may have been "short range", but where he got the ball was 4-5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm not so sure. It was (IMHO) all about scheme. Any back is in trouble when the ball is on the 1 or 2 yard line & the handoff is at the 5 or 6. The yardline may have been "short range", but where he got the ball was 4-5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Mike

Are you trying to say scheme wise Chubb was accepting the handoff at a distance further than league average at the 1-2 yard line? I’m sure that’s find outable.

That’s the shitter with this whole analytics business. There’s all kindsa stuff we can break drown analytically, like is Chubb accepting the handoff on the 1-2 yard line closer or further than every other running back who has ever accepted a handoff at the 1-2 yard line in the NFL? There’s film and shit. We could really nerd out all kinky like, and that might be kinda fun sometimes. 

But no ones filling us in on those details. It’s like were being fed this line about “analytics”, and it’s so helpful but far too complicated to explain to you fans, so why bother. Give me the numbers man. Measure everything, and release that data for the world to see.

I wanna know what wideout has the best catch percentage of passes over his head. I want to know what Guard has the highest percentage on passing plays where the QB gets the pass off with his man not getting within a foot of the QB. And what is league average for distance at which a RB receives the ball when starting at the 1 yard line? That should be readily available information if the NFL is truly trying to sell analytics.

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Interesting!   I wonder if he's Corey Dillon's kid.    I think Dillon's last team was NE so playing the same position as Corey at a school in the NE area like BC has me a little curious here.    

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Interesting!   I wonder if he's Corey Dillon's kid.    I think Dillon's last team was NE so playing the same position as Corey at a school in the NE area like BC has me a little curious here.    

Doesn't appear so. His grandfather played football at Notre Dame though. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:47 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not convinced Hunt will be with the team this season, though. 

Hunt is supposed to be here today.  And tomorrow.  And the next day.  He belongs.  Runs, catches and blocks at a Pro Bowl level.  I get the off the field.  The guy is just a picture perfect running back.  My analysis.

1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Hunt is supposed to be here today.  And tomorrow.  And the next day.  He belongs.  Runs, catches and blocks at a Pro Bowl level.  I get the off the field.  The guy is just a picture perfect running back.  My analysis.

I'm not sure you've figured it out yet, but no one cares about your analysis about Kareem Hunt. 

Zero people care. 

5 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Hunt ..........  Runs, catches and blocks at a Pro Bowl level.

That's what I saw from him last year.  And he was a good locker room guy.  He was very team oriented.  

As mentioned, we could get some 3rd to 5th rounder to play his position cheaper.  Yup.  But were ya happy with Hilliard.  Are we strapped for cash?   - If Chubb comes out and Hunt goes in, there is no drop-off.  I like that idea.  (Why we even put Hilliard in games at all in the 2nd half of last season was beyond me.  Hunt catches the ball as good if not better.)

Is he an off the field idiot?  Well sure.....but he doesn't live near me.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Will CBD oil help me with the arthritis and neuropathy I have in my hands?  Does the stuff actually work?

Is the use of CBD oil for pain prohibited by the NFL?    I am somehow thinking not. 

Couldn't think of a better place to ask these questions. 

Try K-Y.🤗

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Will CBD oil help me with the arthritis and neuropathy I have in my hands?  Does the stuff actually work?

Is the use of CBD oil for pain prohibited by the NFL?    I am somehow thinking not. 

Couldn't think of a better place to ask these questions. 

I’ve been using CBD oil as a sleep aid for a couple months now. It does have a certain calming effect, but l wouldn’t call it the end all be all of sleep aids. I’m reasonably convinced it will be less habit forming than  some of the alternatives though. 

Can’t really speak to its pain relief qualities, thankfully, but from those l’ve talked to l’ve heard mixed results. Some high praise and some meh. 

I’d say give it a try. I’m curious your findings if you do. 

I put a 2nd round tender on him and hope someone bites.  I'll take the pick.  Draft a guard or center for O-line depth and eventual starter.  You can find good backs in every round of the draft, especially if you put a good line in front of them.

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’ve been using CBD oil as a sleep aid for a couple months now. It does have a certain calming effect, but l wouldn’t call it the end all be all of sleep aids. I’m reasonably convinced it will be less habit forming than  some of the alternatives though. 

Can’t really speak to its pain relief qualities, thankfully, but from those l’ve talked to l’ve heard mixed results. Some high praise and some meh. 

I’d say give it a try. I’m curious your findings if you do. 

Sleep aid?  What do you do...injest it?   I thought it was something you rub on like a lotion.  At least what I have seen of it that was what it was. 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, Icecube said:

I just think a 3rd-5th round RB could fill the #2 role,  much cheaper and without holding your breath every night. 

OK, the off  field stuff is concerning. The odds you're going to  draft  a Hillard in rounds 3-5 are a lot better  than getting  a guy who can lead the league in  rushing.  

However,  I  do agree  with 'peen. If we can get a second  round  pick on a tender, I  won't be  upset.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sleep aid?  What do you do...injest it?   I thought it was something you rub on like a lotion.  At least what I have seen of it that was what it was. 

It comes in various forms. What l use is an eye dropper like tincture and l use a ML under the tongue and it absorbs into the blood stream that way. There are external creams and such too.