THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns RB Kareem Hunt cited for speeding; marijuana found in car

Vambo

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

For now, yes.  After next CBA?   It shouldn't be.  All things considered. 

Possibly so.  Until said time one has to follow the stated rules.  Because the rules might change isn't a mitigating factor.

JMO

That said, I hope he tests negative.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

This has nothing to do with the legality of this situation. Just more poor judgement. 

I agree. The fool put himself under a microscope. He should be keeping himself so clean that he squeaks. Instead, he gets in a car that smells of pot & speeds. Simply STUPID!

Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I agree. The fool put himself under a microscope. He should be keeping himself so clean that he squeaks. Instead, he gets in a car that smells of pot & speeds. Simply STUPID!

Mike

Let's give the guy that brought him here some credit in all this too. We also have him being out at a bar at an hour a bar fight broke out while he was still under suspension.  The trend shows REFUSES to learn.  Just be thankful we have the complete opposite in Nick Chubb who remains dedicated to his team and his profession on and off the field.  How bad is Andy Reid hurting without Hunt?

16 hours ago, Flugel said:

Let's give the guy that brought him here some credit in all this too. We also have him being out at a bar at an hour a bar fight broke out while he was still under suspension.  The trend shows REFUSES to learn.  Just be thankful we have the complete opposite in Nick Chubb who remains dedicated to his team and his profession on and off the field.  How bad is Andy Reid hurting without Hunt?

Nailed it. Just move on. NO true coach would put up with this. Tuna? Jimmy? Hoodie? Noll? 

• Upvote 1

The dope heads will make excuses for Hunt claiming it's a non story because it's a legal recreational drug in a lot of other states. Meanwhile Hunt has made the organization look bad. What did he do for the Browns last season? Nothing comes to mind does it? I'd package him in a trade. Hasta la vista

47 minutes ago, ElkDawg said:

What did he do for the Browns last season? Nothing comes to mind does it? I'd package him in a trade. Hasta la vista

LOL! What plays exactly was he tasked to do? Two different questions because of an inept playcaller.

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

NFL players are the dumbest people on the planet.  No tag for this stupid KHunt

I wouldn't go that far some no most are decent people like any demographic group of people.  BUT like in any group there's always the rotten apples that give the whole bunch a rotten name.

For every Hunt, OBJ,  Garrett, ABrown and a few others there are many decent players out there.

Cleveland just has attracted a few on this team, great players -but- in the headlines for the wrong reasons.  Lack of team discipline has just fueled the fire.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:37 AM, Flugel said:

FWIW Flugs- my brother lives in the the area where that bar incident happened, and his wife knows the guy who owns the bar. Seems the Wickliffe Police are Browns fans, and didn't see anything worth mentioning.   :)  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ElkDawg said:

The dope heads will make excuses for Hunt claiming it's a non story because it's a legal recreational drug in a lot of other states. Meanwhile Hunt has made the organization look bad. What did he do for the Browns last season? Nothing comes to mind does it? I'd package him in a trade. Hasta la vista

He has little trade value, maybe they could get a 6th. 

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

For every Hunt, OBJ,  Garrett, ABrown and a few others there are many decent players out there.

wait a freaking minute. Garrett hasn't done anything off the football field, right? Don't lump him in with the other two. OBJ, HUNT, and ABROWN would be valid.

I just think, if a player gets into trouble more than once...football isn't that important to him. And you don't win with the players who don't care.

Suspensions/investigations/scandals...late for meetings, locker room cancer... distractions can ruin a teams chances to focus on winning week by week.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

It's worse than we thought TMZ has video of the pullover where he admits he'd fail a drug test to the officer. NFL's definitely going to be involved now.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1221870122387664901?s=20

It will depend whether or not he's in the NFL drug protocol, and subject to testing in the off season- like our old pal Puffy Gordon. I'd think domestic violence ≠ automatically put you in drug testing. I wouldn't worry too much about the weed. The open vodka bottle is problematic- and he should be thankful the cop didn't haul him down to the station and test for DUI- which would definitely have gotten Hunt in big trouble, if he's not already. Just an open container is an aggravating circumstance, and you can get a ticket for that even if you're sober as a judge. 

You want to talk about lack of judgement- Kareem has to know one more screw up, and he's not going to be playing football again for a very long time- and probably not with the Browns.  

46 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It will depend whether or not he's in the NFL drug protocol, and subject to testing in the off season- like our old pal Puffy Gordon. I'd think domestic violence ≠ automatically put you in drug testing. I wouldn't worry too much about the weed. The open vodka bottle is problematic- and he should be thankful the cop didn't haul him down to the station and test for DUI- which would definitely have gotten Hunt in big trouble, if he's not already. Just an open container is an aggravating circumstance, and you can get a ticket for that even if you're sober as a judge. 

You want to talk about lack of judgement- Kareem has to know one more screw up, and he's not going to be playing football again for a very long time- and probably not with the Browns.  

Marijuana stays in your system for 30 days if the NFL tested him now based on the video, he'd most likely test positive and enter the drug program if he's not already there.

3 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Marijuana stays in your system for 30 days if the NFL tested him now based on the video, he'd most likely test positive and enter the drug program if he's not already there.

Well do I know that. But as I sort of alluded to- the question is are they allowed to test him if he's not already in the drug protocol?  Most players only get tested once at the start of the season. 

They could only test Puffy Gordon off season because he was already in the umpteenth stage of the drug program.  :)   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Talk about second chances. Hunt is taking the Gordon route. Just get a damn uber at that point bro. All the rest of us do it and you make much more than most of us (except Ghoolie) do.

On 1/24/2020 at 1:44 PM, mjp28 said:

Pay Hunt. Period.   :lol:

How about:

Bail Hunt out. Period.

Remember all that baloney about character blah, blah, blah ?   Here we go again another Cleveland BROWNS player in news.

yeah, and then there is little poster adam ant brain who claims our last gm gave us the best roster every....fiucking loser....

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

yeah, and then there is little poster adam ant brain who claims our last gm gave us the best roster every....fiucking loser....

when did i ever say best roster ever ? smh

i did say the roster pre dorsey was crap compared to post dorsey 

• Upvote 1

If the Browns put a second round tender on him and someone makes him a contract offer in which the Browns DO NOT match, are people going to be mad about it? I honestly don't know how I feel. He's a hell of a football player but clearly has problems. Can the Browns find another RB in the 2nd round which is as good as he is? tough question but one in which Mr. Berry will have to answer very soon.

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

If the Browns put a second round tender on him and someone makes him a contract offer in which the Browns DO NOT match, are people going to be mad about it? I honestly don't know how I feel. He's a hell of a football player but clearly has problems. Can the Browns find another RB in the 2nd round which is as good as he is? tough question but one in which Mr. Berry will have to answer very soon.

The answer is "yes." If they can steal Dobbins in 2nd round. Or Jon Taylor. They'd be way better off. Even Clyde Edwards-Helaire. 

2 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

Open container too.  Get rid of him.  Not only is he a risk to the team but to the lives of the general public.

it's too bad. He's had his second chance with a new team. Hunt even admitted he would have flunked the drug test?

May as well draft another rb - Hunt will probably? be suspended again. Too bad for him AND the team that gave him new football life.

If Hunt is lucky, he may get his one....last....chance. But it may be with another football team, depending on how it all sorts out.

Maybe that top rb from Georgia will drop to the Browns in the second round..... yeah, right. crap. But it isn't a bad rb draft - Hunt was a third round pick. Hunt was released from the Chiefs for lying about the woman hitting incident.

Now he's lied to a very helpful classy police officer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/01/27/kareem-hunt-told-police-fail-drug-test-cleveland-browns/4592543002/

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

it's too bad. He's had his second chance with a new team. Hunt even admitted he would have flunked the drug test?

May as well draft another rb - Hunt will probably? be suspended again. Too bad for him AND the team that gave him new football life.

If Hunt is lucky, he may get his one....last....chance. But it may be with another football team, depending on how it all sorts out.

Maybe that top rb from Georgia will drop to the Browns in the second round..... yeah, right. crap. But it isn't a bad rb draft - Hunt was a third round pick. Hunt was released from the Chiefs for lying about the woman hitting incident.

Now he's lied to a very helpful classy police officer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/01/27/kareem-hunt-told-police-fail-drug-test-cleveland-browns/4592543002/

Thanks Cal. After reading the  article,  Hunt  is guilty of  extreme  stupidity.  If he had just put the backpack in the  trunk, and  STFU- he probably  would  only have  gotten a  speeding  ticket,  and it's not  national  sports  news. 

PS I gather  from  Kareem's  comments to the  cop he's  NOT currently in  the drug protocol.  That may change however. 

• Upvote 1