THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

10. How many yards and rushing touchdowns does Chubb have?

Zombo: 1405, 11

jcam222: 1100, 10

Ibleedbrown: 1492, 14

Mudfly: 1378, 9

Bob806: 1163, 11

PoeticG: 1500, 15

TexasAg1969: 900, 10

Sdbacker80: 1240, 10

Gipper: 1444, 18

Coyote: 1150, 14

DBone: 1270, 15

mjp28: 1575, 8

Tour2ma: 1218, 14

Nero: 1250, 12

Flugel: 1175, 11

gumby: 1287, 12

DutchOven: 1205, 10

Answer: Nick Chubb was the brightest spot of an overall bleak season, finishing with 1494 yards and 8 touchdowns rushing. He added 36 receptions for 278 yards receiving for good measure.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I kind of figured that the second half addition of Kareen Hunt would eat into Chubb's rushing totals, but in reality the Browns used Hunt as Duke Johnson-type back - receiver first - and Chubb was able to rack up a helluva season. No one person really nailed both parts of this question, so I'm going all Oprah (YOU WIN A CHICKEN DINNER, YOU WIN A CHICKEN DINNER, YOU ALL WIN A CHICKEN DINNER) and awarding two winners: Ibleedbrown for almost nailing the yardage amount on the head, and mjp for being pretty close on the yardage and nailing the touchdown amount. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'm going to award two winners here too, TexasAg for being almost 600 yards short on his prediction, and Gipper for predicting 10 extra touchdowns.  

• Upvote 1

I just hope ibleedbrown didn't leave early. 2 yards apart is good stuff. 

I think that Gipper should receive an honorable mention. He predicted 10 extrs TDs, but he was only 50 yards short. 

PoG predicted 6 yards more and that's really close too. He might not be such a big dummy after all... 

15 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think that Gipper should receive an honorable mention. He predicted 10 extrs TDs, but he was only 50 yards short. 

PoG predicted 6 yards more and that's really close too. He might not be such a big dummy after all... 

Well I figured the entire team would score a lot more touchdowns than They did so my prediction was a product of that. But I didn’t comprehend the ineptitude of Freddie kitchens offense 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I owe an assist to an Italian working for Spain for that answer. 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

10. How many yards and rushing touchdowns does Chubb have?d

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'm going to award two winners here too, TexasAg for being almost 600 yards short on his prediction, and Gipper for predicting 10 extra touchdowns.  

Hot damn I'm on a winning streak longer than the Browns have had in 4 years. Award please!🏆🥇

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hot damn I'm on a winning streak longer than the Browns have had in 4 years. Award please!🏆🥇

Ok the official. "YOU DON'T SUCK AS MUCH AS THE NEW BROWNS" award.....at least for now.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

11. How many rushing yards and touchdowns does Hunt have?

Zombo: 432, 6

jcam222: 500, 5

Ibleedbrown: 316, 2

Mudfly: 418, 2

Bob806: 356, 3

PoeticG: 900, 8

TexasAg1969: 600, 10

Sdbacker80: 310, 3

Gipper: 444, 4

Coyote: 510, 6

DBone: 433, 3

mjp28: 499, 2

Tour2ma: 336, 2

Nero: 700, 5

Flugel: 400, 5

gumby: 445, 3

DutchOven: 321, 4

Answer: Kareem Hunt, in half the season, ran for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing. He added 37 receptions for 285 yards, and 1 touchdown receiving. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt really didn't eat into Chubb's rushing attempts, as he was used more as a Duke Johnson type receiver, and sometimes as a de facto fullback for Chubb. No one really was very close to his totals, but I suppose Sdbacker and (geez again!) Ibleedbrown should receive some kind of credit for being closest. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Did one of your questions include one about combined yards.? If you included his combine yards I know I came pretty close.

But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

Fuckin' PoG..... Gawd I hope he doesn't proclaim this season as the year the Browns go to the SB, because if he does, it's an automatic 4-12 campaign. 

Hey PoG, for the love of all that's holy, please try the Costanza approach this year. Please. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Fuckin' PoG..... Gawd I hope he doesn't proclaim this season as the year the Browns go to the SB, because if he does, it's an automatic 4-12 campaign. 

Hey PoG, for the love of all that's holy, please try the Costanza approach this year. Please. 

So I looked it up, because I have a notebook that has all of these 'Dutch Questions' and results in them...

In 2017, the Browns went 0-16. PoG predicted... wait for it... a 13-3 Browns season. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I only ask PoG not to bet for record breakers: He bet 1500 yards by Chubb, 900 by Hunt and 5100 by Mayfield. 

That's a total of 7,500 for the season. 

The record holders are actualy the 'Greatest show on turf' Rams with 7,075. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But you would have guessed a higher amount if I asked for combined yardage amounts... You probably would have added 200-300 yards to your 444 yards prediction, which would have made you high again. 

I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don’t know I just was wondering if you had a question about combined yardage since it is such a big deal when talking about a players production 

No, I didn't... but I might consider it for the future. Not a bad idea. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all were optimistic in our rushing totals for Hunt, PoeticG and TexasAg were really, really optimistic. Optimism, for Browns fans, is always the gateway for being a big dummy.  

Another Big Dummy Award? Ok dammit I deserve this crown more than the Big Orange Pretender on the polyboard.🤴

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, I didn't... but I might consider it for the future. Not a bad idea. 

How about the Big Dummy Award hall of fame at the end of each season -and- the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner award, only one each.  Kind of the Super Bowl of prognostication......or maybe the Puppy Bowl of really bad picks.  

Wagering on the results is strictly prohibited.  :lol:

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

11. How many rushing yards and touchdowns does Hunt have?

Zombo: 432, 6

jcam222: 500, 5

Ibleedbrown: 316, 2

Mudfly: 418, 2

Bob806: 356, 3

PoeticG: 900, 8

TexasAg1969: 600, 10

Sdbacker80: 310, 3

Gipper: 444, 4

Coyote: 510, 6

DBone: 433, 3

mjp28: 499, 2

Tour2ma: 336, 2

Nero: 700, 5

Flugel: 400, 5

gumby: 445, 3

DutchOven: 321, 4

Answer: Kareem Hunt, in half the season, ran for 179 yards and 2 touchdowns rushing. He added 37 receptions for 285 yards, and 1 touchdown receiving. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt really didn't eat into Chubb's rushing attempts, as he was used more as a Duke Johnson type receiver, and sometimes as a de facto fullback for Chubb. No one really was very close to his totals, but I suppose Sdbacker and (geez again!) Ibleedbrown should receive some kind of credit for being closest. 

Hunt was set to play 8 games- maybe???  We had Chubb, and Hunt is pass catcher more than runner,  and we have a slew of other targets...anything over 500 yards rushing was crazy talk IMO.  

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

Zombo: 19.5

jcam222: 20

Ibleedbrown: 30

Mudfly: 18.5

Bob806: 17

PoeticG: 25

TexasAg1969: 20

Sdbacker80: 19

Gipper: 22

Coyote: 22

DBone: 17

mjp28: 29

Tour2ma: 15.5

Nero: 16

Flugel: 14.5

gumby: 18.5

DutchOven: 15

Answer: Garrett, in 10 games played in 2019, had 10 sacks.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I was actually dumbfounded when I wrote out these predictions... I mean, you guys do realize that, say, 15 sacks is a helluva good year for a DE, right? 😆 Anyways, Garrett was on a sack per game pace before he played Whack-A-Mole with Steelers QB Mason Rudolph's head, which resulted in a suspension that is still going. Flugel was the closest.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Well it wouldn't be a Dutch Question without Ibleedbrown involved! I'd be amiss if I didn't throw a shout out to my ol' buddy mjp on this one too! 

Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Somehow 2 sacks/game seemed reasonable at the time. I probably should have checked if that was an NFL record first, or near one.

Oh the BROWNS as a team had 38 maybe the question wasn't clear enough.   :huh:

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nero agrees!

I just thought that. I was in pace for nailing it. 

EDIT: Who could have said that hitting someone in the head with a helmet was a bad idea... 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

What change to the metric system ?

It amazes me how you guys use normal numbers for counting stuff and haven't figured out any subdivision to make it more difficult. 

In the name of the rest of the world who has to communicate with you: thanks. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

Zombo: 19.5

jcam222: 20

Ibleedbrown: 30

Mudfly: 18.5

Bob806: 17

PoeticG: 25

TexasAg1969: 20

Sdbacker80: 19

Gipper: 22

Coyote: 22

DBone: 17

mjp28: 29

Tour2ma: 15.5

Nero: 16

Flugel: 14.5

gumby: 18.5

DutchOven: 15

Answer: Garrett, in 10 games played in 2019, had 10 sacks.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I was actually dumbfounded when I wrote out these predictions... I mean, you guys do realize that, say, 15 sacks is a helluva good year for a DE, right? 😆 Anyways, Garrett was on a sack per game pace before he played Whack-A-Mole with Steelers QB Mason Rudolph's head, which resulted in a suspension that is still going. Flugel was the closest.

We were all robbed