Coyote: 11-5

DBone: 9-7

mjp28: 9-6-1

Tour2ma: 11-5

Nero: 11-5

Flugel: 11-5

gumby: 12-4

DutchOven: 10-6

Answer: The Browns came into the 2019 season riding on a rare wave of high expectations, nationally and locally. They finished the 2018 season strong, going 5-3 down the stretch. The first month was uneven, but optimism rose after the Browns thrashed the Ravens in Baltimore to get back to 2-2. The Ravens would go undefeated from that day on, while the Browns sputtered their way to a 6-10 finish, resulting in yet another regime change for the Browns. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Kind of difficult to name a winner when all of us predicted at least a winning season, but I will dub DBone the victor. Hooray!

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While tempting to give all of us this award, along with Freddie Kitchen and his in-game decisions, John Dorsey for naming him head coach, Baker Mayfield's awesome offseason workout regime, I will narrow it down a bit and award Zombo and PoeticG the joint win.  

• Upvote 2

Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey chicken dinner red flag challenge I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board !   (and thought I was making a big mistake)

You missed it by half a game...

Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! 😂

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You missed it by half a game...

Your tie prediction bit you in the buttocks! 😂

Ok challenge withdrawn.   Do I lose a timeout?   (Very BROWNS like.)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I figured Ibleedbrown would like this... there's not much going on now until the Super Bowl, so I figured I'd throw a result a day until then. 

Ha, was just typing something to the extent of looking forward to something less analytics based. I mean, it kinda is, but analytics l can wrap my head around, haha.

And kinda shocking a buncha Browns fans were SO sucked into the enthusiasm that NO one predicted even a tie record.

I'm not on the list...but somewhere I had us for 9-7.

...all because we lost to teams that we had no business loosing to.  Facilitated by not having Vernon to play DE (or RG, which is what we traded for him) or Garrett for the other DE.  We had nobody to rush the passer in the latter part of the season.

Virtually NOTHING went right.  Guys that we were expecting big seasons from because of Odell & Jarvis taking coverages were Callaway (gone), Higgins (injured, then dog house), Njoku (injured, then dog house).  Both starting corners gone for a long time.....and the D didn't get any better when they returned.  

What went right besides Nick Chubb and Landry?  

Oddly enough, game #1 told the story.  It showed who would be playing in a championship game and who would be hiring a new coach.  

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I had them at 9-6-1 the least ambitious on the board ! 

And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And here I always believed that a tie was better than a loss...

Or worse than a loss because it coulda been a win.....sorta.   :huh:

Today today today, I consider myself myself myself, the luckiest man man man, on the face of the earth earth earth........... 

I'd like to say thank you to all of the homers, who without your ability to not be able to see the forest through the trees, I would not have won this prestigious award. 

.... and a special thanks to mjp28 for at least keeping me honest, and just know that this award will look awesome on my mantle. 

• Haha 4

2. Bengals record?

Zombo: 4-12

jcam222: 7-9

Ibleedbrown: 3-12-1

Mudfly: 3-13

Bob806: 6-10

PoeticG: 5-11

TexasAg1969: 6-10

Sdbacker80: 5-11

Gipper: 6-10

Coyote: 5-11

DBone: 5-11

mjp28: 2-14

Tour2ma: 4-12

Nero: 6-10

Flugel: 5-11

gumby: 5-11

DutchOven: 6-10

Answer: The Bengals, in full tank mode under first year head coach Zac Taylor, went 2-14 in 2019. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: No one was really expecting much, considering all 17 of us predicted a losing season from the hillbilly cousins of the Browns to the south, but they stepped it up a notch. They looked like they might match the Browns 0-16 season, but two late seasons wins against the Jets, and then in the season finale vs the Browns kept them from suffering that humiliation. The Andy Dalton era is over in Cincinnati, the Joe Burrow era is about to begin. mjp with the tasty victory. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... As I mentioned before, no one was really expecting much from the Bengals, but jcam's prediction was five wins optimistic. 

For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

For me, this is going to be a "let's see if someone messed up more than me" with every question. I already dodged some bullets. 

It's going to get hilarious coming up on some of these questions... 🤣

3. Ravens record?

Zombo: 8-8

jcam222: 9-7

Ibleedbrown: 6-10

Mudfly: 9-7

Bob806: 10-6

PoeticG: 7-9

TexasAg1969: 10-6

Sdbacker80: 10-6

Gipper: 8-8

Coyote: 9-7

DBone: 10-6

mjp28: 7-8-1

Tour2ma: 10-6

Nero: 10-6

Flugel: 10-6

gumby: 10-6

DutchOven: 9-7

Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went a franchise record 14-2 to win the AFC North and gain the #1 seed. After starting the season 2-2, they reeled off 12 consecutive victories, and looked like the favorites to advance through the AFC playoffs to get to the Super Bowl... then they got rolled by the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: It's funny thinking back to mid-season, 2018 for the Ravens. At that point, the Ravens were languishing in mediocrity, their longtime starting QB Joe Flacco ending his run as their franchise QB, and rumors were swirling that John Harbaugh's days in Baltimore were coming to an end. Enter Lamar Jackson. The turnaround for their team has been astounding since he has taken over the reigns of the Ravens offense. The Ravens outscored their opponents 531-282 this season. All this made their quick playoff exit absolutely delicious. While no one came close to predicting 14 wins, Bob806, TexasAg1969, Sdbacker80, DBone, Tour2ma, Nero, Flugel and gumby all get to share this tasty treat for being closest. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While I love his optimism, being 8 games off the mark gives Ibleedbrowns this hallowed award. 

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

While no one came close to predicting 14 wins, Bob806, TexasAg1969, Sdbacker80, DBone, Tour2ma, Nero, Flugel and gumby all get to share this tasty treat for being closest. 

Memo to self: Next year think Price is Right...

4. Steelers record?

Zombo: 11-5

jcam222: 10-6

Ibleedbrown: 8-7-1

Mudfly: 8-8

Bob806: 10-5-1

PoeticG: 8-8

TexasAg1969: 9-7

Sdbacker80: 8-8

Gipper: 9-7

Coyote: 10-6

DBone: 8-8

mjp28: 8-8

Tour2ma: 9-7

Nero: 9-7

Flugel: 10-6

gumby: 9-7

DutchOven: 11-5

Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers finished the 2019 season at 8-8, missing the playoffs for the second consecutive year.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The Steelers suffered a season-ending elbow injury to Ben Roethlisberger in Game 2, and started the season 1-4. It appeared that the Steelers were heading towards a miserable season (HALLELUJAH!) when they ran off a 7-1 stretch behind a very strong defense and two backup QBs, and were sitting pretty in the playoff race. They hit the proverbial wall in December, losing their last three games. Mudfly, PoeticG, Sdbacker80, DBone and mjp28 all win this tasty treat. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... With the injury to Roethlisberger, the Steelers did a helluva job to contend for the playoffs for the entire season, but their late season fade gives Zombo and DutchOven a shared Scarlet "D" on their chests. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Hard to believe Zombo of all people overestimated the Steelers...

"GOD DAMN STEELERS ! Ouch! ".   :lol:

05E58601-EE56-43FA-B652-D088E850A06D.jpeg.97afdf249c0ca46d78f32971d087a980.jpeg

5. How many points do the Browns score? Allow?

Zombo: 464, 326

jcam222: 421, 300

Ibleedbrown: 388, 202

Mudfly: 441, 337

Bob806: 422, 294

PoeticG: 490, 270

TexasAg1969: 400, 300

Sdbacker80: 395, 292

Gipper: 412, 222

Coyote: 412, 274

DBone: 377, 351

mjp28: 501, 345

Tour2ma: 440, 312

Nero: 430, 300

Flugel: 425, 310

gumby: 445, 324

DutchOven: 395, 313

Answer: The Browns scored 335 points (20.9/game) and allowed 393 points (24.6/game) in 2019.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Safe to say, optimism was running rampant going into this season, especially for the offense. Unfortunately, with the exception of the Baltimore game, the offense was usually a disorganized mess, scoring a point and a half less per game than in 2018. The defense wasn't much to look at either, especially in the last month when the Browns pass rush was MIA. No one was really that close with either prediction, but DBone  was the closest on BOTH points scored and allowed! 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The rest of us? I mean, everyone was way off, but there's some hilarious shenanigans going on here... mjp with the Browns scoring 501 points! Ibleedbrown with the Browns allowing only 202! Gipper with the Brownies allowing 222! Classic stuff there gents! But the poster extra-dummy on this one would be PoeticG, who was in a different area code on both his picks.