THE BROWNS BOARD

More clickbait

Westside Steve

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

We have lots to fix.  Had the Doofus "FooBal" guy hired damn near anybody other than Freddie, things would have been much better.

But I don't remember that being the prevailing sentiment when he was hired. I thought just about everybody thought that we were going to carry over that last half of the season freewheeling high-powered offense. It turned out to be a bad idea. Oh well.

WSS

51 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But I don't remember that being the prevailing sentiment when he was hired. I thought just about everybody thought that we were going to carry over that last half of the season freewheeling high-powered offense. It turned out to be a bad idea. Oh well.

WSS

Sure, admittedly the realization that Ferd sucked is all hindsight. 

But, think about it....some here are saying that Stinky Stefanski is going to be no better than Ferd.  So some may be able to say that they had foresight, not hindsight when time comes to show that Stinky really stinks  (which I hope certainly does not come to pass)

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, admittedly the realization that Ferd sucked is all hindsight. 

But, think about it....some here are saying that Stinky Stefanski is going to be no better than Ferd.  So some may be able to say that they had foresight, not hindsight when time comes to show that Stinky really stinks  (which I hope certainly does not come to pass)

hey crennel just got let go by houston....maybe we can get him back if stinky turns out to be stinky.....heh heh heh....would not put it past jimmy....he is a genius you know...

15 minutes ago, browns52 said:

hey crennel just got let go by houston....maybe we can get him back if stinky turns out to be stinky.....heh heh heh....would not put it past jimmy....he is a genius you know...

Oh yes professional coaching and managing the sports world's version of musical chairs or "what have you done for me lately".

"There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired." ~ the late Bum Phillips

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

We have lots to fix.  Had the Doofus "FooBal" guy hired damn near anybody other than Freddie, things would have been much better.

Yeah, hindsight  says retaining  Williams as HC, and keeping  Kitchens as OC would have had way better results. Thinking Fred could have gotten a  HC gig with another  team as a good  reason to  promote  him was nuts. Looking  back, you could say not ready  Freddie  bungled in about  seven of the ten losses that could have  been winnable.  

Should have seen it coming when we got  smoked  by the Titans in the  opener, the Browns  were woefully  unprepared for the season.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

Perhaps our DC search will turn Shakespearian:   "Romeo, Romeo, wherefor art thou Romeo"?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Perhaps our DC search will turn Shakespearian:   "Romeo, Romeo, wherefor art thou Romeo"?  

Gipper, the trends seem to be we're probably not going to be hiring coaches eligible for Social Security. That will rule out Romeo (72) and Phillips (also 72).  

Angry article virtually devoid of any original alternatives.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But I don't remember that being the prevailing sentiment when he was hired.

Probably because it wasn't.

6 hours ago, browns52 said:

Ah... but is he a "stable genius"?

O'Brien had to hang the loss to KC on someone. I swear Bill-O has had 9 lives, but I think 4 are now gone.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Love the 5 things to do.

1. Sell the team

2. Fire Depo

3. Don't Hire Berry

4. Fire the son-in-law

5. Sell the team..............Again.LOL!🤣

Anyone else getting deja vu all over again? Huey (Kevin), Depo, Berry, Haslams,...................second coming of Sushi maybe?😱

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Love the 5 things to do.

1. Sell the team

2. Fire Depo

3. Don't Hire Berry

4. Fire the son-in-law

5. Sell the team..............Again.LOL!🤣

Anyone else getting deja vu all over again? Huey (Kevin), Depo, Berry, Haslams,...................second coming of Sushi maybe?😱

You would  think if the GM job of the Browns was a great  opportunity for career advancement,  there would have been no  shortage of  qualified candidates,  and someone would have been  hired last week  at the latest. 

Looks like it's  now down to  Berry or the Homeless Guy. The current  holding  pattern is disturbing to say the least. Maybe it's  taking  Depodesta some time to  run his analytics on every other NFL team's front  office  personnel to find the perfect fit.  :D

50 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Looks like it's  now down to  Berry or the Homeless Guy. The current  holding  pattern is disturbing to say the least. Maybe it's  taking  Depodesta some time to  run his analytics on every other NFL team's front  office  personnel to find the perfect fit.  :D

Or maybe the analytics computer was not programmed to compare only one candidate and is stuck in a never ending loop. Browns fans are use to seeing this.🎠🎠🎠🎠