THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone else sick of "analytics?"

Icecube

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

"Adapt or die." - Billy Beane

-OR-

There are some things money can't buy.     ( For everything else, there's MasterCard. )

Think Different. (Apple)

Think outside the bun. (Taco Bell)

"We repair what your husband fixed." 

7 days without pizza makes one weak." 

"The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment." 

"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Oh come the fuck on man. You can’t try to word smith out of saying something.

Saying you don’t want a Pete Carroll type is saying you don’t want Pete Carroll. Don’t be obtuse.

Get over yourself, asshole.  Is that too erudite for you? 

Keep trolling analytics threads because you're personally too stupid to understand any of it - or just fuck off and never post again.

We're not getting pete carroll because he's retiring before he's interested in taking another job.. The only one that might be out there would be a "pete carroll type."  And as previously stated, I don't want a pete carroll type.  Luckily for us, Stefanski isn't a pete carroll type.. Stefanski actually understands the need to fit his playcalling to the strengths of his team.

I'd define a "pete carroll type" as someone who had success in one system and attempts to ram every future group into that mold.  You know, Josh McDaniels.

Your fixation on Pete Carroll out of all the past or present NFL coaches is fun, though.. I'll take someone named Paul Brown.

I can't wait to see how you'll change the subject when you reply! Don't be obtuse!

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Keep trolling analytics threads because you're personally too stupid to understand any of it - or just fuck off and never post again.

We're not getting pete carroll because he's retiring before he's interested in taking another job.. The only one that might be out there would be a "pete carroll type."  And as previously stated, I don't want a pete carroll type.  Luckily for us, Stefanski isn't a pete carroll type.. Stefanski actually understands the need to fit his playcalling to the strengths of his team.

I'd define a "pete carroll type" as someone who had success in one system and attempts to ram every future group into that mold.  You know, Josh McDaniels.

Your fixation on Pete Carroll out of all the past or present NFL coaches is fun, though.. I'll take someone named Paul Brown.

I can't wait to see how you'll change the subject when you reply! Don't be obtuse!

Well, I don't know that either Pete Carroll nor Josh McDaniels are the type of coaches you suggest.   Carroll seemed to adapt pretty well to his talent when he named Russell Wilson QB over Matt Flynn way back when. And McDaniels has had Tom Brady all these years.  Seems like he has done a decent job of adapting an offense to his skills.   (how many SB rings does he have as OC there?).   Even his year and a half in Denver?    He had Kyle Orton starting mostly, and Tebow for like 3 games, and went 8-8.  That is good for a first year coach with those QBs.    Then the next year the same combo that didn't work.    I mean, come on.  Do you think anything he tried would have made Tebow a winning NFL QB?   I think he did what he could with what he had. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Or you're just looking at "measurables" and not taking anything else into account. We would never have drafted Justin Gilbert if we had just looked beyond the measurables. Ditto Johnny Football. 

For sure teams do a lot of personality tests and background checks now- getting burned badly on those accounts has taught teams a severe lesson. and it's burned the Browns plenty of times not putting enough weight into off field antics. Starting with Jeremiah (robbing the pharmacy) Pharms,  Puffy Gordon, Johnny AA Manziel,  Antonio XFL Callaway, and probably a few others I don't remember off the top of my head. 

"Hands" Coleman? Corvette Corbett? And I hate to say it but Taco Tiki Taki has not really shown much thus far.

21 hours ago, gumby73 said:

.. Am still looking for a Pete Carol type coach to put all these 53 piece puzzle together with a workable GM... maybe it is our time 🤞  

Notice what happened in drafting in Seattle once Carroll arrived in 2010.. https://pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/draft.htm  Sure ya can't keep them all, but not only can Carroll motivate & coach, he maybe the best college talent jumping to nfl level junkie known to the game..I've also read, Carroll does all the drafting interview process at the combine & private visit interviews.And Pete's the guy asking the prospect on bad game tape, not position coaches..

12 of 22 starters came in 3 drafts before going to SB..In 2018 GM Schneider & Carroll decided to pull names from board instead of continuous adding..simplify it 

maybe the 'find a way guy' Depo needs to start checking into the Pete's process of coaching up personal..  

13 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I’m glad you could use your thesaurus before attempting to use erudite. Big boy there.

aint changing the subject my man, cause your two sentence comment literally didn’t say any of that. You said directly you didn’t want a Pete Carroll type and patently tried to suggest Pete was only lucky based on players on the team and not his coaching ability. 

Of course, I can explain to my newborn daughter ( and will) that resorting to calling people dumb in a conversation unadulterated is an obvious sign the person in fact has no argument. It shows simply the person is too uneducated and has to resort to child like tactics.  You chose to do that which puts an obvious understanding of your knowledge of the matter and critical thinking. But hey, keep googling big boy words to sound educated. I’ll be excited to see them.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

But hey, keep googling big boy words to sound educated. I’ll be excited to see them.

Amanuensis. I am married to a Cornell Magna Cum Laude and in the 58 years + I have known her, this is the only word that ever stumped her. 😱LOL!

25 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Hermeneutical is my favorite wtf college word. Try that on her.  

Congrats! You just accomplished something it took half a lifetime for me to do. She 😱did not know that one. It is now stump #2.😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Ask her to define this one:   Oi.     You can't....or lets say, you can't limit it to just a few definitions. 

She had Jewish roommates still close friends to this day who she meets with every other year in a new city for a few days. She has unlimited definitions. 😂

54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

She had Jewish roommates still close friends to this day who she meets with every other year in a new city for a few days. She has unlimited definitions. 😂

unlimited definitions is right. 

And here is one that you should really be afraid for her to not know the definition of:

Kakorrhaphiophobia.

And tell her that  "tittynope"  is not a word that she should be upset that you would ask about, because it does not mean her refusal to allow you to cop a feel. 

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And tell her that  "tittynope"  is not a word that she should be upset that you would ask about, because it does not mean her refusal to allow you to cop a feel. 

I'm already allowed "titillating", but it's the lurid smile I give when I use it that gets the frown.👙👌