THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughrs? Kneeling teacher

Westside Steve

Okay I'm not attacking anybody here because I have no idea and don't assume anybody thinks this is good bad or indifferent.

what I'm wondering about in case someone thinks she has a valid argument, exactly what rights are being denied by this Administration and to whom?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-teacher-kneels-anthem-college-football-championship

"I think the current environment that is being created and has been created in his tenure definitely adds to my feelings of wanting to support individuals who are not being supported," she said, adding: "I really feel like our country is not serving the needs of all its inhabitants ... so many humans right now that are not being given the respect and the rights that they deserve."

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Okay I'm not attacking anybody here because I have no idea and don't assume anybody thinks this is good bad or indifferent.

what I'm wondering about in case someone thinks she has a valid argument, exactly what rights are being denied by this Administration and to whom?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-teacher-kneels-anthem-college-football-championship

"I think the current environment that is being created and has been created in his tenure definitely adds to my feelings of wanting to support individuals who are not being supported," she said, adding: "I really feel like our country is not serving the needs of all its inhabitants ... so many humans right now that are not being given the respect and the rights that they deserve."

WSS

You won't get an answer for that question, it would ruin their argument. 

As an American, she has the freedom to do that as a peaceful protest against her perceived injustices from the government, regardless of anyone's personal opinion. Not so long ago, the attitude of our country was that we may disapprove of what someone says, but we would defend to the death their right to say it, but it seems today that anything someone says or does is taken as a form of a "No true Scottsman American" purity test. I just hope she appreciates the sacrifices made by others for her freedoms though.

2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

As an American, she has the freedom to do that as a peaceful protest against her perceived injustices from the government, regardless of anyone's personal opinion. Not so long ago, the attitude of our country was that we may disapprove of what someone says, but we would defend to the death their right to say it, but it seems today that anything someone says or does is taken as a form of a "No true Scottsman American" purity test. I just hope she appreciates the sacrifices made by others for her freedoms though.

apparently, she doesn't. This bigoted hateful antagonism got her to kneel. I don't really care - except I think it's offensive to all those who serve our country, that she couldn't stand for the occasion.

Just another hateful wannabe jane jonda who wants the left's wonderful attention. And all the paydays she can get from appearing on msnbc and the communist news network.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

She doesn't have a valid argument. TDS is not a valid argument.

Holstine said she was motivated to kneel during the anthem for communities that are supposedly oppressed under the Trump administration.

Sigh.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I don't think anyone believes that she should be put in prison for her protest. I don't think anyone disagrees with the fact that it's her right to do what she did. On the other hand I think the people that are offended have that right equally. No? And I'm not sure that any of us would disagree that there are certain beliefs or attitudes in America that we are happy to ostracize people for having.

So basically I'm just asking what rights she thinks people had before the Trump Administration that they no longer have.

WSS

• Upvote 1

We are spoiled as Americans. I hate to break the bad good news to this teacher but she is living in a great country where people from all over the world want to come here to live because it is a great country. She might take a little time to reflect on all the great things we have instead of what we don't have. Of course we can always do better and I don't have problems with those who try to make the United States even better but kneeling during the national anthem is not being respectful to those who fought and died for our country. If she wants to make the United States an even better place disrespecting the national anthem is not the way to do it.

• Thanks 1

The USA has to greatly improve its infrastrucure.  It is frankly embarrassing to have guests come from Europe and Japan and remark on the terrible state of our roads and bridges, not to mention abandoned buildings, etc.  Also, our education system is terrible.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The USA has to greatly improve its infrastrucure.  It is frankly embarrassing to have guests come from Europe and Japan and remark on the terrible state of our roads and bridges, not to mention abandoned buildings, etc.  Also, our education system is terrible.

When Obama spent nearly a trillion dollars on his porkulus stimulus program on so called shovel ready jobs we ended up with very little to show for most of it. Cash for clunkers, Solyndra and money for every pork barrel spending programs the dems could ever want were doled out and in the end we had almost no lasting results from it. I always thought it was a shame that nearly trillion dollars wasn't used soley for infrastructure and then we would have had something more permanent and necessary to show for the nearly trillion dollars spent.

Trump has wanted to do infrastructure but the dems have been too busy trying to destroy his presidency than anything else.

As for education we spend a LOT of money on education but we obviously are not getting a lot of bang for our buck and throwing more money at education is not the answer.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

When Obama spent nearly a trillion dollars on his porkulus stimulus program on so called shovel ready jobs we ended up with very little to show for most of it. Cash for clunkers, Solyndra and money for every pork barrel spending programs the dems could ever want were doled out and in the end we had almost no lasting results from it. I always thought it was a shame that nearly trillion dollars wasn't used soley for infrastructure and then we would have had something more permanent and necessary to show for the nearly trillion dollars spent.

Trump has wanted to do infrastructure but the dems have been too busy trying to destroy his presidency than anything else.

As for education we spend a LOT of money on education but we obviously are not getting a lot of bang for our buck and throwing more money at education is not the answer.

And liberals don't want to hear the answer. It all starts at home. It all starts with the family.

Liberals believe people are inherently good and it becomes societies fault when they do bad.

Truth is that people are inherently bad and have to work at being good. For some being good comes easier than for others.  Children need taught to share, not to hit, not to have temper tantrums because they aint getting their way. If people were inherently good then there would be no need for laws.

I know, a little off topic there. Sorry.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Gorka said:

And liberals don't want to hear the answer. It all starts at home. It all starts with the family.

Liberals believe people are inherently good and it becomes societies fault when they do bad.

Truth is that people are inherently bad and have to work at being good. For some being good comes easier than for others.  Children need taught to share, not to hit, not to have temper tantrums. If people were inherently good then there would be no need for laws.

I know, a little off topic there. Sorry.

You really hit the nail on the head actually. The breakdown of families is probably the biggest problem we have today and much of the blame goes to the left for that. Sorry Hillary Clinton but it takes a family and not a "village" to raise a child. Fathers and mothers training up their children is the biblical example. Democrat policies have been the most destructive with black families.    https://www.dailysignal.com/2016/03/29/how-liberal-policies-destroyed-black-families/

My wife babysit for years and the sin nature (that we are born with) is obvious to see even (especially) in young children. I remember on one occasion a little girl tripped and fell hitting her head and she began crying. Another little girl came over to console her and she smacked her in the head making her cry. My wife asked her why she would hit the other girl in the head when she was only coming over to her to console her. Her answer was "to make me feel better". Children do not share very well and are naturally selfish and this is where parenting from both fathers and mothers are needed. Since my wife was home with our own young children she would do much of the disciplining when I was at work but there were a number of times where "the rubber needed to hit the road" when our children didn't respect her discipline and all she would have to say is she was going to tell me when I got home about their bad behavior. That would get their attention 99 percent of the time and they would straighten up and why both fathers and mothers are needed to raise children. 

Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

• Upvote 1

when did moochelle obaMao start wearing glasses ? lol

but seriously - just like the nazis did - they reached out and programmed

children into identifying with the STATE, not their families.

"Indoctrinate children while it's easy".

that is why the left HATES home schooling and private schools.

especially Christian schools.