THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

Well, not only did The Great Zomboni tell you the Titans would go in and take care of Baltimore, but I even told you that Baltimore would score exactly 12 points. I hope you are all on the the TGZ Express now, because you could be making a lot of $$.

Speaking of Baltimore losing, it is our annual time to pop the Champagne when our AFC North foes are all eliminated:

giphy.gif

And now it is time for TGZ to tell you who will be playing in the Super Bowl:

Tennessee at Kansas City, AFC Championship, Sunday 3:05 PM

Thank you, Tits. Now get out of here. No team with Tannehill at QB is going in to KC and beating MahomeBoy at Home. Andy Reid is headed back to the SB, and this time he won't have to face Belichick. This game won't be close, smoke up some Kansas City Ribs before the game and you'll be chowing down by halftime. CHIEFS 40 TITS 17

anigif_optimized-1474-1430514431-2.gif

Green Bay at San Francisco, NFC Championship, Sunday 6:40 PM

This game I see as much closer. Two well-rounded teams, one has the HOF QB and one has the Hot Defense. Normally, I would go with the QB in this situation, but I can't find any female celebrities from Green Bay, so they beat the spread, but lose the game on a Robbie Gould FG. 49ERS 26 PACKERS 24. 

Z2in.gif

So now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear......blah, blah, blah. You know the rest.

So the NFL football season is almost a gonner time to pick.

Favorite
Favorite Win
Versus
Underdog Win
Underdog
Mon Tue Wed Final Status (EST) Points
Bold = Winning Team (Spread) TOTAL POINTS 0
@Kansas City X vs   Tennessee 7.5 7.5 7.5 7.5 Sun 01/19 03:05 PM -
@San Francisco X vs   Green Bay 7.0 7.5 7.5 7.5 Sun 01/19 06:40 PM -
Tiebreaker 1
 Deadline Sun, Jan 19 6:35 pm EST (GB@SF); Sun, Jan 19 3:05 pm EST (TEN@KC)

Predict the scores for these games:

Green Bay 21   @   30  San Francisco
Tennessee  20   @   33  Kansas City
Tiebreaker 2
 Deadline Sun, Jan 19 3:00 pm EST
Who will score the MOST points this week? KANSAS CITY
Who will score the FEWEST points this week? TENNESSEE

GO BROWNS, baby !

I go along with popping a cork at the demise of the Ratfuckers, particularly when it was one of my Akron area guys that sent them packing (Vrabel).

But, yes,  it will likely be the end of the line for them.  They will play tough, they will play hard, but Mahomes and that offense of KC will be a bit too much for them.  I don't think it will be the blowout that Z does, but KC will win:

Chiefs 27  Titans 20.

The other game is harder to tell.  I am innately in favor of the Green Bay Packers because of the whole  small town/town owned aspect of the franchise. My wife is from Wisconsin, but as much as she proclaims that she does not give a shit about football, she was there last week rooting for the Pack vs. Seattle;  and now she is off to NYC doing Broadway shows with friends of hers from college...and they are ALL Cheeseheads.  So maybe for those reasons I should go for them.    Also, it does not seem that long ago that the 49ers were THE dynasty team of the NFL, yet, it is still 26 years since they won a Super Bowl.    And there are a few other things that have me conflicted:   If the Niners win another SB, it will tie them for the most SB wins with the Pats and the Steelers...and anything that takes away the shine from the Steelers I am in favor of.    But the fact is, you know my position, the number of Super Bowls a team wins is irrelevant because they are just a championship, not wholly unlike the championships that came before they started the marketing scheme by calling it with  catchy name after a hard rubber ball.   The fact is,  Green Bay has 13 championships, and in that regard, they are tied with Greater Cleveland in the number of titles won by a particular market region.   And I don't really want them to get ahead of us in that regard. 

So, to me, it comes down to QB vs. defense.   GB has the better, proven championship QB in Rodgers.   SFO has the Bosa led defense. Tough, tough call.

So when you think things are even, you go with the home team by 3 points, right?  Isn't that the gambling rule?  I guess I will go with it:

49ers 24 Packers 21

As for administrative assistance, I appreciate the Natalie Wood snippets.  But, here in the next few days, there is a Bombshell of a movie coming out, and I think I need to go bombs away with the stars of that show.:

Charlize:

charlize-theron-nude-pics-hot-photos-nak

Margot

margotrobbie_hot_1.jpg

Nicole

nicole_kidman_nude_eyes_wide_shut.jpg

I smell an upset in San Francisco. The Packers have the better QB, and sometimes a team like the 49ers has to take a "stepping stone lesson."

Packers also seem to catch some crazy officiating breaks in the playoffs.

Packers 20 

49ers 19

I'm in agreement on the Titans losing, but lookout for them in the future. They're way better than everybody thought.

KC 33

Tenn 21 

On 1/17/2020 at 9:13 AM, Zombo said:

giphy.gif

To Late to get off the Dean Pees train now...Pees for the win Tenn 26  KC 23 F

in The Has-Slam Bowl.. GB Pettine 20   SF Shanny 27  F

Titans still fighting.   While the Tits may get beat in this game, I think their future looks pretty good.   And they are in this position with what I consider a fairly mediocre QB.  

Furthermore, I recall that I had wanted the Browns to fire Hue after his second year  (after 1-31)....and to look to hiring Vrabel.  They didn't, they stuck with dickless.

I also was in favor of them interviewing and hiring Mike Munchak last year instead of going with Freddie.  They didn't. 

They better not have fucked this up again is all I am going to say.

Pretty good game all in all but it looked like KC was destined to win it and go to Studio 54 in Miami.  Party time !

One down and one to go and I just changed my pick to the GREEN BAY PACKERS +7.5.

And as always GO BROWNS, baby !

54 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Titans still fighting.   While the Tits may get beat in this game, I think their future looks pretty good.   And they are in this position with what I consider a fairly mediocre QB.  

Furthermore, I recall that I had wanted the Browns to fire Hue after his second year  (after 1-31)....and to look to hiring Vrabel.  They didn't, they stuck with dickless.

I also was in favor of them interviewing and hiring Mike Munchak last year instead of going with Freddie.  They didn't. 

Fear not, for The Process Part Deux is here. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fear not, for The Process Part Deux is here. 

1. Take a penny.
  2. Tape it to the back of your dominant hand.

Anyway... that's what I did to the tone arm of my old Sears Silvertone recordplayer when I had a record that wouldn't play thru a skip, but rather played the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

GB looks bad

Oh yeah I changed my pick to GB right before the game.......the surefire kiss of death.  :lol:

........ actually I had him on one FL and decided to stick with him -and- fumble right on the.

3rd & 9... 2nd & 6... and Shanny elects to run the football to 2 TD's.. low risk to let jimmy g lose game & his defense can win it...Playoff ALERT--We need to get so much better upfront on both sides of the football.. 

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You done messed up, A-A-ron. 

And the first half over was 23, SF almost got it by themselves.  Too many commercials?  :lol:

GREEN BAY fans can start selling their Miami tickets.

........oh 27-0 got it!  

Both conference games haven't been really that close. The Titans had a good first half (mostly 1st qtr) but then KC got rolling... 

Last year we had amazing playoffs and the most boring SB ever. Maybe we are getting a great final this year? 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Take a penny.

Anyway... that's what I did to the tone arm of my old Sears Silvertone recordplayer when I had a record that wouldn't play thru a skip, but rather played the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I assume by the parable you mean that any version of the process that the Browns try to implement will fail over and over and over and over again. Fair to say

27 minutes ago, Nero said:

Both conference games haven't been really that close. The Titans had a good first half (mostly 1st qtr) but then KC got rolling... 

Last year we had amazing playoffs and the most boring SB ever. Maybe we are getting a great final this year? 

Who knows KC vs SF might be an old time classic matchup.   Good offense vs good defense.

TEN is out and GB is ready to check out real soon.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

We need to get so much better upfront on both sides of the football..

DL is close... needing a DT and depth.

OL not so much.

But if you are talking front 7, then yes, need level is close to even... of course, then I could counter with blocking TE(s) and a FB... ;)

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Can anyone explain to me why GB went for 2 down 34-13?? 

19 point differential makes it a three-score, TD/TD/FG game? Assuming successful 2's after each TD...

All I got anyway...

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

19 point differential makes it a three-score, TD/TD/FG game? Assuming successful 2's after each TD...

All I got anyway...

Man, just kick it and it's a 3 score game (all TDs with kick) and you win by 1.......... They were banking on 3 straight 2pt conversions??

Las Vegas loves them. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Don't forget RePo Man didn't want Freddie, Dorsey did. His future employment with the Browns is contingent that he's right about Stefanski....  

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Take a penny.

But we've had so much experience with various incarnations of "the process" failing, for sure it's going to work- this time. I'm not holding my breath. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Take a penny.

That's what happens when you play "Eve of Destruction".🤣