THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2020 Free Agency Thread...

Tour2ma

Just now, Tour2ma said:

and he wasn't all that expensive...

LB Nick Kwiatkoski deal to the #Raiders: Three years, $21 million with $13.5 million in guarantees. More available in incentives. Three years, $21 million with $13.5 million guaranteed. Not bad for a 26-year-old linebacker whose career is on the upswing.

I guess we can't land all the fish. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I guess we can't land all the fish. 

The quite guy all along has been Joe Schobert..his wife, just had a child hit the news, but have seen nothing on visits nor a new price tag...Joe's twitter feed i check on most days.He's hilarious.  Berry was part of drafting Joe, so maybe Berry will listen to Joe's agent new numbers & still maybe try to get a deal done? As a big Schobert the person fan.. Berry make My Day!! 🤞

• Upvote 1

It is interesting that neither of the big LB's (Schobert or Littleton) have signed yet...I'm wondering if teams are thinking the same thing that the Browns were in that they aren't worth $10+ per year. I could be totally wrong on all of this, but the teams that needed LB's seem to be filling holes quickly (raiders, giants, dolphins)

2 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

It is interesting that neither of the big LB's (Schobert or Littleton) have signed yet...I'm wondering if teams are thinking the same thing that the Browns were in that they aren't worth $10+ per year. I could be totally wrong on all of this, but the teams that needed LB's seem to be filling holes quickly (raiders, giants, dolphins)

Technically, no one can sign until Wed. at 4 PM.....but I know what you mean.  

Sorry, but yea, absolutely.... the Browns, in my opinion, cannot  just rely on the draft to fill the LB and Safety holes.   If they are going to lose 4-5 guys in those positions (Kirksey, Schobert, Burris, Murray, Randall)  , they need to sign  FAs to replace them.    EVEN if they think that Takitaki and Wilson can be starters, they will need backups.   Who else do we have?  Willie Harvey?    Does anyone recall this guy even playing?  Or  Trevon Young or Jermaine Grace?

At safety:  Montrel Meander and JT Hassell show up as third stringers on the depth chart behind Redwine....I don't think they will suffice.

Two in for the Bengals 

Already boasting stellar talent along the defensive line, the Bengals are bolstering their front line of defense. 

Nose tackle D.J. Reader is expected to sign with the Bengals on a four-year, $53 million contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The #Bengals aren’t done yet: They are landing former #Vikings CB Trae Waynes, sources tell me and

@TomPelissero

. Two big splash free agents today.

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Two in for the Bengals 

Already boasting stellar talent along the defensive line, the Bengals are bolstering their front line of defense. 

Nose tackle D.J. Reader is expected to sign with the Bengals on a four-year, $53 million contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The #Bengals aren’t done yet: They are landing former #Vikings CB Trae Waynes, sources tell me and

@TomPelissero

Are those two a "big splash"   or just a drip?

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It was clearly a quote copied from elsewhere 

The issue is that you called the Bengals two players that were signed as a "Big Splash".     I say, and I think Tour agrees, though he is trying to be fey about it, that those two signings barely made a ripple in the Free Agency pond. 

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The issue is that you called the Bengals two players that were signed as a "Big Splash".     I say, and I think Tour agrees, though he is trying to be fey about it, that those two signings barely made a ripple in the Free Agency pond. 

He did not...

I did...

You don't know shit about football.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

He did not...

I did...

You don't know shit about football.

London Brown called the Bengals acquisition of those two players  a "big splash".    You deny that? 

If so, you do not know shit about how to read the English/American language.   What language do you know how to read?  Pig Latin. 

Or is it that  Hindu greeting you comprehend:   Umbassday

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

London Brown called the Bengals acquisition of those two players  a "big splash".    You deny that?

I don't have to...

He already did.

43 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It was clearly a quote copied from elsewhere 

Now about that language question...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't have to...

He already did.

Now about that language question...

LondonBrown

• MVP
  •  
  • LondonBrown
  • REGISTERED
  • 3,865 posts
  • Interests:Tottenham Hotspur FC, Cleveland Browns, gambling.

Two in for the Bengals 

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

@TomPelissero

London put this in his post....about these being two big splash FAs.   He quotes someone else....but it is his post. He has to own it. 
All you have to say is that you either agree, or disagree with the statement that these are two big splash FAs.  
Why is that so hard for you? 
Namaste, umbassday.

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:
London put this in his post....about these being two big splash FAs.   He quotes someone else....but it is his post. He has to own it. 
All you have to say is that you either agree, or disagree with the statement that these are two big splash FAs.  
Why is that so hard for you? 
Namaste, umbassday.

Now there's a font size that says, "I'm confident in what I am posting." ... lol....

Sure, Gip... just like you own everything you post here. ..

Couldn't be that he was just reporting Twitter news and copy/pasted one tweet too many... Could it?

And then did not edit his post as carefully as you did yours from which I plucked the tiny font bit... "Fair to say?"

For the love of God... please stop digging...

• Haha 1

BTW... Reader is a great get for them. Three solid seasons in HOU miscast as a 3-4 NT seeing too many double teams starting over Center. Then they started giving him some snaps at 3-4

Last season, his 4th, he almost exclusively played DE and racked up 2.5 sacks and 13 QB Hits. It's what got him rated as the #3 IDL in this FA class behind the All-World Chris Jones and Hargrave. Personally I like Reader better than Hargrave.

DJ is going to wreck havoc next to Geno inside... and $13+mm/yr says Cinci agrees with me.

Add Dunlop and that's three quarters of a formidable front four.

As for former 11th overall pick Trae Waynes... while he never lived up to his 1st-round billing IMO, he's a very good CB and one of the better under-30 CBs available in this fairly old and otherwise thin FA Class.

Football fans know this kind of stuff.

Post whores... not so much.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

BTW... Reader is a great get for them. Three solid seasons in HOU miscast as a 3-4 NT seeing too many double teams starting over Center. Then they started giving him some snaps at 3-4

Last season, his 4th, he almost exclusively played DE and racked up 2.5 sacks and 13 QB Hits. It's what got him rated as the #3 IDL in this FA class behind the All-World Chris Jones and Hargrave. Personally I like Reader better than Hargrave.

DJ is going to wreck havoc next to Geno inside... and $13+mm/yr says Cinci agrees with me.

Add Dunlop and that's three quarters of a formidable front four.

As for former 11th overall pick Trae Waynes... while he never lived up to his 1st-round billing IMO, he's a very good CB and one of the better under-30 CBs available in this fairly old and otherwise thin FA Class.

Football fans know this kind of stuff.

Post whores... not so much.

**Mask** brag about what they know or think they know

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Now there's a font size that says, "I'm confident in what I am posting." ... lol....

Sure, Gip... just like you own everything you post here. ..

Couldn't be that he was just reporting Twitter news and copy/pasted one tweet too many... Could it?

And then did not edit his post as carefully as you did yours from which I plucked the tiny font bit... "Fair to say?"

For the love of God... please stop digging...

I do and what I post. 

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

**Mask** brag about what they know or think they know

I'll remind you of that next time you ask me a question.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll remind you of that next time you ask me a question.

If I ask you questions, it is an attempt to solicit a civil response on a hopefully interesting football question.  It is not an invitation for you to act like a preening prima donna, which at times you take those questions to be. 

Per  CBS Sports,   here are the Top 12 Free Agents remaining that have yet gone unsigned:

Jadaveon Clowney  DE

Jameis Winston QB

Brian Bulaga RT

Robby Anderson WR

Melvin Gordon RB

Xavier Rhodes  CB

Breshard Perriman  WR

Logan Ryan CB

Jason Peters   LT

Shelby Harris   DL

HaHa Clinton-Dix  Safety

Damarius Randall   Safety