THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2020 Free Agency Thread...

Tour2ma

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

49ers also seem like they are sticking with Garropolo and not getting into Brady sweepstakes:

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-no-tom-brady-191939415.html

Who does that leave for Brady?     Tampa Bay, maybe.  I still think the Chargers could be his top choice.  And of course, staying with the Pats. 

why not the titans ? they can franchise their rb  and is tannehill really all that ? i dont think so

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Didn't you read above?  Tits have signed a new  118 million deal with Tannehill.   Hello!

no i didnt read it and as they say a fool and his money soon part seems to me the tits are the fool

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...maybe.  But clearly Tannehill is in there, and there will be no Brady.   I guess we shall see if that works for them. 

i mean just look at the jags and what they payed foles i see the tits headed the same way

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don’t. Even with Tannehill I think they’re going to be pretty good. With a Vrabel as their coach 

better team ? yes

is tannehill over payed ? yes 

a one year wonder ? more than likely 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bengals franchise tag AJ Green

I carried that sob on my FFL team all damn season since he was supposed to come back by game 3. He never played a down. Wasted slot. I still took the grand prize without him.

Dupree apparently staying with Steelers.   They Franchise him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-place-franchise-tag-olb-bud-dupree-143031156--nfl.html

But were they not in cap hell?   

Or....seemingly, the brand new CBA with its attendant significant hike in the salary cap must have taken them out of cap hell, and allowed them to give Bud Light this tag. 

But....it does seem like they cut several players to try to make up for some of it:

The Steelers used the franchise tag on Bud Dupree Monday morning, and made a little room for that salary in the afternoon.

The team announced the release of linebackers Mark Barron and Anthony Chickillo, along with and wide receiver Johnny Holton.

Barron signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Steelers last year in free agency, but never seemed to find his footing there. Cutting the former Buccaneers first-rounder clears $5.25 million from the salary cap.

Chickillo was a former fifth-rounder of the Steelers, and they signed Holton last year from the Raiders.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

TE  Jimmy Graham  goes from Packers to Bears

https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmy-graham-packers-bears-nfl-free-agency-003633682.html

Did we get the better TE? 

He was not the player he once was with Brees throwing to him. We got the better one IMO.

• Upvote 2

Other Top 100 rated FAs changing teams not previously mentioned:

Byron Jones  CB  leaves Dallas for Miami

Javon Hargrave  DL   leaves Pittsburgh for  Eagles   Pittspuke loses another player. 

James Bradbury  CB leaves  Panthers for Giants

Kyle Van Noy  LB  leaves Patriots for Miami

Shaq Lawson  DL  leaves Bills for Miami

clearly Miami very busy

Michael Brockers  DL   leaves  Rams for Ravens     (fuck that shit)

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Nick Kwiatkowski,    a LB  we had our eye on for the Browns.   Headed to Raiders.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-kwiatkowski-heading-raiders-181452863.html

and he wasn't all that expensive...

LB Nick Kwiatkoski deal to the #Raiders: Three years, $21 million with $13.5 million in guarantees. More available in incentives. Three years, $21 million with $13.5 million guaranteed. Not bad for a 26-year-old linebacker whose career is on the upswing.

Ravens are reloading their D...

... and just crossed my mind that they'll draft Netane Muti to replace Yanda... and if he stays healthy, Muti is good enough to come close to replacing Yanda...

Oy vey....