Sign in to follow this  
mjp28

10 year old girl boxer and she's good! Youngstown Southside Boxing Club

I saw this on the 11 pm local news, a 10 year old girl boxer and she's good!  https://www.wkbn.com/sports/watch-10-year-old-boxer-zion-hensley-ready-for-regionals

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Zion Hensley got hooked on boxing at 8 years old when she started playing with some old equipment in her uncle’s basement. Her dad saw the interest and signed her up at Jack Loew’s Southside Boxing Club.

“You know, I’m not a big fan of a pretty little blue-eyed, blonde-haired girl coming into my gym at 9 years old and wanting to be a boxer,” Jack Loew said. “But it changed real quick.”

You see, Hensley isn’t your typical 10-year-old.........

......... The second round didn’t last long. Hensley won by TKO and easily won the rest of the state tournament.

Next up is the regionals this weekend in Cleveland, then the junior nationals in Kansas City.

Loew said Hensley’s got a real shot at winning the Silver Gloves National Championship, which would make her the number-one ranked 70-pound, 10-year-old female fighter in the country......... continued in the link .......