THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ Continues to be OBJ

BaconHound

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

This is the last thing I am going to say on this topic.

For as long as I can remember, you don't put hands on an officer. YOU DON'T PUT HANDS ON AN OFFICER. Every time I've seen it in real life or on TV, nine times out 10 you are going to jail. Odell fucked up plain and simple. I don't want to hear about the circumstances, Odell fucked up.

.......and it was recorded and went viral as the Cleveland Browns player OBJ and now it's everything OBJ and brings out the "what's wrong with the Cleveland Browns ?"

First it's what's wrong with Mayfield then the dumb-dumb Garrett, then it's the BROWNS fire another coach now that the season is over we carry over with OBJ being OBJ.

GO BROWNS, never a dull moment, baby !

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

All reports were that he was good in the locker room and a positive guy to be around this season.

He's also someone who didn't seem to know where to line up many times, and would run routes that didn't exist. 

He, IMO, is not the type of player who will help change the culture of the Browns into one that is a professional one. 

It depends on the coach.  Tomlin kept Antonio Brown in check for 8 fucking years. If Stef wants to win, he will handle the personalities and be firm but treat them like adults.

Z

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It depends on the coach.  Tomlin kept Antonio Brown in check for 8 fucking years. If Stef wants to win, he handle the personalities and be firm but treat them like adults.

Z

With the 2020 Browns 1. Discipline 2. Character better be dealt with unless they want to do more coaching searches.  

Kitchens was everybody's buddy and it got away from him fast.

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Many security guards are police officers that are moonlighting.

Not sure if this specific security guard is though. 

He's a security guard, and ya'll have lost your minds. There's guys playing who have beat their wives and abused their kids. Our goofy guy gets drunk when his team wins the National Championship and hands out money and snacks a security guard on the butt.

He's a really good wide receiver.

It's going to be a long offseason.

Z

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Many security guards are police officers that are moonlighting.

Not sure if this specific security guard is though. 

Beat me to it. Many places where I live hire off duty and part time officers to moonlight as security. The video is too blurry, I was trying to read the patch on his uniform. Badge, gun, gun belt, handcuffs, radio, sure looks like a cop to me.

8 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He's a security guard, and ya'll have lost your minds. There's guys playing who have beat their wives and abused their kids. Our goofy guy gets drunk when his team wins the National Championship and hands out money and snacks a security guard on the butt.  Correct except he's the attention seeking and grabbing OBJ

He's a really good wide receiver.  He was 26 in yardage and 28 in receptions, but he does have to share numbers with Landry.

It's going to be a long offseason.  It already is, and the Draft isn't until late April.

Z

I just want to know what happens from here, does the FO and HC take back control of the 6-10 BROWNS and do things the right way?

Does OBJ just cool it for awhile and try to stay off of p.1 of the news and return as the most dangerous WR in the NFL ......or not?

Everyone keeps saying he was 26th or whatever. I assume Landry was higher? So we have two guys in the Top 32 ... isnt that good?

We have 99 problems, OBJ ass-slapping ain't one of them.

Z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Everyone keeps saying he was 26th or whatever. I assume Landry was higher? So we have two guys in the Top 32 ... isnt that good?

We have 99 problems, OBJ ass-slapping ain't one of them.

Z

For the record Landry was 10 in yards 18 in catches and that was with an early bad passing game and bad OL throughout.  ALSO they have a great RB combo which is good.

OBJ still has more problems as a teammate besides ass slapping some dude.  ABrown was a headcase but produced on the field  OBJ needs to do that without disrupting the team goals, they sure pay him enough to say  "yes sir" once in awhile and cool it.

Think they can go 8-8 next year? They'll need everyone on board to do that.

Anthony Lima on 92.3 summed OBJ up (IMO) perfectly this morning... He isn't a horrible person, not at all. 

With him, it's a "death by a thousand cuts" situation. 

It's always going to be something with him. If it's not this, it will be that. 

Winning football games isn't the #1 priority with him. It just isn't. 

• Upvote 2

From Terry Pluto......

Terry in his tactful way........

I’m not suggesting they address this question immediately. But they do need to deal with it before training camp opens in July:

What to do with Odell Beckham Jr.?

At his opening press conference, Stefanski delivered the terrific line of “Personality is welcome, production is required.”

Beckham delivers personality, especially an obsessive need to draw attention to himself. Then he wonders, “Why is everyone paying attention to me?”

The Browns will have to measure that against his possible production in 2020.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Soon it's just going to be easier for you to list the positions in which this draft is not "excellent deep".

sorry, left off the "ly". How about "INCREDIBLY DEEP" at wr? which, is only the second group I mentioned as being deep....

2020 NFL Draft: Ranking the Incredibly Deep Wide Receiver ...

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nfl-draft-receivers-ranked-2020-jerry-jeudy-ceedee...
    1. Jerry Jeudy, Alabama. Jeudy is clearly the best receiver in this year's draft and probably the most …
    2. CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma. Lamb is the draft's best big-play threat and would fit well on any team …
    3. Henry Ruggs III, Alabama. Ruggs is one of the fastest players I've ever watched on film. He's got …
    4. Tee Higgins, Clemson. Higgins' stock has dropped a bit this season, but he's a big target at 6-foot-4 …

How about "special" ???

The NFL’s 2020 Wide Receiver Class Already Looks Special

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/27/20886362/2020-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-class

Sep 27, 2019 · The NFL’s 2020 Wide Receiver Class Already Looks Special Headlined by Jerry Jeudy and a number of other first-round talents, this class of pass catchers is poised to define April’s draft.

or, Tour, maybe I should have used the word "loaded"

2020 NFL Draft: Previewing wide receiver class full of ...

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/06/08/nfl-draft-2020-wide-receiver-stars-preview

After a 2019 NFL Draft that was absent of an unquestioned, elite pass catcher, the 2020 NFL Draft is loaded with viable early Round 1 wide receiver targets. With the 2019 NFL Draft now completed, it is time to turn all draft pundits’ attention to a glimpse of what the 2020 NFL Draft …

well, crap, Tour, I could have used "HISTORIC" but that might have upset ya?

The 2020 WR Class Could Truly Be Historic | The Draft Network

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/the-2020-wr-class-could-truly-be-historic

There are more than a handful of wide receivers who are among the best in college football and aren't even draft eligible yet, and that lends towards us cheating and peaking into the distant future a bit. These are the names you likely already know who might make the 2020 wide receiver class the best we've seen since 2014.

The 2020 NFL Draft has the potential to be a strong draft for offensive tackle talent, and Peart could be one of the players who strengthens the depth of the tackle class. The 6-foot-7, 303-pounder was a 4-year starter for the Huskies after redshirting to begin his collegiate career. Peart has experience at guard and tackle, so he could be a valuable sixth offensive lineman to back up at a few spots to begin out his NFL career.

You are welcome, Tour, glad to assist.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

This is the last thing I am going to say on this topic.

For as long as I can remember, you don't put hands on an officer. YOU DON'T PUT HANDS ON AN OFFICER. Every time I've seen it in real life or on TV, nine times out 10 you are going to jail. Odell fucked up plain and simple. I don't want to hear about the circumstances, Odell fucked up.

OK, we agree.  None of us really want to hear another word about this.   So let's have everyone here abide by that by having them just STFU about it. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

All reports were that he was good in the locker room and a positive guy to be around this season.

He's also someone who didn't seem to know where to line up many times, and would run routes that didn't exist. 

He, IMO, is not the type of player who will help change the culture of the Browns into one that is a professional one. 

The Freddie Factor. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

With the 2020 Browns 1. Discipline 2. Character better be dealt with unless they want to do more coaching searches.  

Kitchens was everybody's buddy and it got away from him fast.

How do we discipline you then for making unsubstantiated jumps to conclusions.  Should we judge how that reflects on your character?

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

For the record Landry was 10 in yards 18 in catches and that was with an early bad passing game and bad OL throughout.  ALSO they have a great RB combo which is good.

OBJ still has more problems as a teammate besides ass slapping some dude.  ABrown was a headcase but produced on the field  OBJ needs to do that without disrupting the team goals, they sure pay him enough to say  "yes sir" once in awhile and cool it.

Think they can go 8-8 next year? They'll need everyone on board to do that.

Again, fucking total ignorance.  Maybe it is my training as a lawyer and 30 years as a magistrate that tells me never to judge a situation before all the evidence has been presented.  Yet, here you are again, prejudging a situation before ANY relevant evidence has even seen the light of day.  ANY.  Every other player in this entire league has has some minor scrape of some sort in their life....Yet you declare that the team will not perform well with him on it in the ensuing fall football season that starts in September   because of a butt slap that happened on January 13.  That is the height of absurdity.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

How do we discipline you then for making unsubstantiated jumps to conclusions.  Should we judge how that reflects on your character?

Unsubstantiated?  Might be problem #1 discipline on that 6-10 team or didn't you watch the games?

Then let's read someone who is considered an expert in Cleveland sports, Terry Pluto....  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/scribbling-about-kevin-stefanskis-biggest-challenges-as-browns-coach-fixing-baker-mayfield-and-discipline.html

Scribbling about Kevin Stefanski’s biggest challenges: Fixing Baker Mayfield and discipline

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anthony Lima on 92.3 summed OBJ up (IMO) perfectly this morning... He isn't a horrible person, not at all. 

With him, it's a "death by a thousand cuts" situation. 

It's always going to be something with him. If it's not this, it will be that. 

Winning football games isn't the #1 priority with him. It just isn't. 

That pretty much sums it up.  OBJ's #1 priority is OBJ.    And Stefanski must address that before it gets warm in Berea again.

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again, fucking total ignorance.  Maybe it is my training as a lawyer and 30 years as a magistrate that tells me never to judge a situation before all the evidence has been presented.  Yet, here you are again, prejudging a situation before ANY relevant evidence has even seen the light of day.  ANY.  Every other player in this entire league has has some minor scrape of some sort in their life....Yet you declare that the team will not perform well with him on it in the ensuing fall football season that starts in September   because of a butt slap that happened on January 13.  That is the height of absurdity.

You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... :lol:

.........and I'm judging that 100% by what you put up here on the board just like everyone else here on the board.  And to think I used to think you were a good wordsmith and then you revert to the 6th grade bathroom grammar mixed in with your night court bravado.   And I thought you were better than that -or-are you just "breaking balls" again? It's hard to tell them apart at times.  Oh well......  ;)

Edited by mjp28
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I don't want to hear about the circumstances

The Circumstances.

Unless you pulled an NFL paycheck from the Giants or Browns, your assessment of OBJ's "Ability To Be A Teammate" or "Contribution To Culture" is secondhand hearsay.. you're repeating words from someone else who also wasn't on the team.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's always going to be something with him. If it's not this, it will be that

Winning football games isn't the #1 priority with him.

This isn't a logical argument in any way.

What is the it? What is the something? What is the it? What is the this? What is the it? What is the that?

He played the entire season with a hernia, had over 1000 yards, and that's not enough for you?  I've had a groin injury that didn't get to the level of hernia, and that ish was the most painful thing ever.  You have no idea the level of determination it takes to put on pants with an actual hernia. 

But that means nothing of course - we're all remembered only for how legen -wait for it- darily we party!

You haven't shown how anything leads inexorably to a conclusion that "winning isn't a priority."

Your first task: How, precisely, does this night of partying affect OBJ's winning for Cleveland in August of 2020?  Will he no longer be able to achieve 2 steps of separation from slot corners because his hand had no separation from a rent-a-cop?  Nope, not even a little bit.

This thread does show, however, that YOU have no interest in being objective -- it never mattered to you what OBJ actually does; rather, you were always going to say this no matter what.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

This isn't a logical argument in any way.

What is the it? What is the something? What is the it? What is the this? What is the it? What is the that?

He played the entire season with a hernia, had over 1000 yards, and that's not enough for you?  I've had a groin injury that didn't get to the level of hernia, and that ish was the most painful thing ever.  You literally have no idea the level of determination it takes to put on pants with an actual hernia.

You haven't shown how anything leads inexorably to a conclusion that "winning isn't a priority."

Your first task: How, precisely, does this night of partying affect OBJ's winning for Cleveland in August of 2020?  Good luck! Hint: It doesn't.. not even a little bit.

This thread does show, however, that YOU have no interest in being objective -- it never mattered to you how OBJ actually performs; rather, you were always going to say this no matter what he did or didn't do.

Wasn't Dutch just quoting or paraphrasing Anthony Lima on 92.3 FM?   A lot of people both press and just the fans think the same way about OBJ and his antics.

50 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I officially predict that this will be the least relevant story of Browns 2020.

Z

I'll just weigh in once from my POV. Edelman gets drunk and stupid in Beverly Hills = crickets. OBJ gets drunk and stupid in New Orleans = it's huge news. Give me a break. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

A lot of people both press and just the fans think the same way about OBJ and his antics.

If he can't defend it, he shouldn't have posted it.  

They're all 100% wrong - his antics have ZERO effect on either team unity or on-field success.  He is a positive force.  Many cities would be lucky to have a guy whose volunteering "antics" have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars.

There's another word describing a lie that many people are too stupid to question: Gossip.

EDIT: Great point, hoorta.  I live in Boston.  You know what ALL the commentators on the espn affiliate are saying?  "WE ALL DO STUPID THINGS WHEN WE'RE DRUNK". This means the entire assertion against OBJ for years is literally not a thing -- it's just entertainment clickbait.  They don't actually believe this stuff.. they really don't.

And of course, the ignorant racism of trying to tell a black guy how he should or should not party while laughing and ignoring the white guy who does exactly the same thing.  Fun fact: Edelman has fathered more children out of wedlock than OBJ - why is Edelman not labeled a Deadbeat?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

And of course, the ignorant racism of trying to tell a black guy how he should or should not party while laughing and ignoring the white guy who does exactly the same thing.  Fun fact: Edelman has fathered more children out of wedlock than OBJ - why is Edelman not labeled a Deadbeat?  

Nail on the head.

by the way, now Barney fife from the video is declining to pursue charges. Amazing right? Almost like he is being protected from going through prosecution for the damming evidence he was harassing certain kids in that locker room.

I respect police, hell im the son of a military family. I almost respect chain of command and authority to a fault. But you mofos need to consider cops aren’t some Gods walking among us anymore either. The vast majority are great people keeping us safe. But a small, non insignificant amount are like the rent a cop in the video who are nothing but bullies with a badge with vendettas against certain groups of people. Frankly, I’m damn tired of it. We can do better.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Unsubstantiated?  Might be problem #1 discipline on that 6-10 team or didn't you watch the games?

Then let's read someone who is considered an expert in Cleveland sports, Terry Pluto....  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/scribbling-about-kevin-stefanskis-biggest-challenges-as-browns-coach-fixing-baker-mayfield-and-discipline.html

Scribbling about Kevin Stefanski’s biggest challenges: Fixing Baker Mayfield and discipline

Yes.  Unsubstantiated.  This business with OBJ  has FUCK ALL to do with the team discipline of the Cleveland Browns.  Yes, the Browns were an undisciplined team coached by an undisciplined coach.   But again...this incident has NOTHING to do with any of that.  How your mind warps one into the other is beyond comprehension. 

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You sure don't write or act like any lawyer or elected judge I've ever met and I've met plenty. Just sayin'..... :lol:

Then you don't know shite about lawyers and judges...no matter how many you have met, because you have not met as many as I have.  Beyond that,  I am not in my lawyerly or magisterial domain.  I am in the equivalent of a bar room here.  And judges and lawyers can be more crude in a bar room setting than anyone. Trust me.  But they, like me, are perfectly professional when we are in court or dealing with clients.  I mean, you certainly act differently when you are at work, with your family,  or in a sports bar. 

.........and I'm judging that 100% by what you put up here on the board just like everyone else here on the board.  And to think I used to think you were a good wordsmith and then you revert to the 6th grade bathroom grammar mixed in with your night court bravado.   And I thought you were better than that -or-are you just "breaking balls" again? It's hard to tell them apart at times.  Oh well......  ;)

Of course I am busting your balls.  Was that not perfect clear?  When you make wholly irrational comments as you have here, you should expect to have your balls broken.   And certainly you are fully aware that I can be more creative in my commentary than I have been here.  But would an intellectual approach help you better see the errors of your ways?  I just thought that I would make it clear in simple undeniable terms that your thinking on the subject is wholly FUBAR.