THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ Continues to be OBJ

BaconHound

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/odell-beckham-jr-appears-to-hand-out-cash-to-lsu-players-following-national-championship-win/

Before everyone jumps on the, he isn’t doing anything wrong if they go pro wagon.  The optics of this are terrible. Add that to the fact his season wasn’t great and he is a complete moron, find him a new home 

What "optics"?   His alma mater just won a title, he's giving cash to players that are immediately eligible to sign with an agent...  Christ knows they probably don't have a lot to begin with.   Sure, a bit flashy for my tastes...  but not like the dude is out here slapping women in the off-season.

I'm curious as to how that affects his status or play for this team? 

• Like 1

......While many thought that the cash was real, an LSU athletic official told The Advocate's Brooks Kubena that the bills were fake......

Or to put it another way:

"Stupid is as stupid does".

• Haha 2

It’s a bad look that will being negative attention and there is no reason for it except OBJ wants the spotlight on himself at all times.

If he was so concerned about their well being, write a check today.  

Just a “me-first” guy and that will never change

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Momszer said:

The article said the money was fake. He was just having fun with a couple of players. I see no harm in this. Lighten up!!!

It just looks bad after winning the NCAA National Championship instead of confetti and celebrating the win with your coaches, teammates, fans and about 25+ million more on TV this Jughead pulls out fake money.

Plenty of time for that later for the very few that actually will go pro.

Bad timing by one of the NFL biggest head cases.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

It’s a bad look that will being negative attention and there is no reason for it except OBJ wants the spotlight on himself at all times.

If he was so concerned about their well being, write a check today.  

Just a “me-first” guy and that will never change

If he wants to "make it rain" how about going to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter........ without cameras.

But he'd probably drive his BROWNS colored Rolls Royce and park it in front of the main entrance.  Just sayin'.

• Upvote 2

I gather he got to be a fan for a night. Just like me. I can relate.  He got to see his favorite team win a championship, and he was in a position to glean a little extra limelight on it and went for it.

In a sense, It’s kinda his responsibility to do that. Win or lose the game and the moment are over. What’s next? OBJ was there to show them the way.

I’m just kinda sad Jarvis wasn’t there too.

8 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I gather he got to be a fan for a night. Just like me. I can relate.  He got to see his favorite team win a championship, and he was in a position to glean a little extra limelight on it and went for it.

In a sense, It’s kinda his responsibility to do that. Win or lose the game and the moment are over. What’s next? OBJ was there to show them the way.

Fan for a day....... PRICELESS.   Let's leave it that way without the "show me the money". stuff.

That's for the agents and relatives to squabble over later.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Fan for a day....... PRICELESS.   Let's leave it that way without the "show me the money". stuff.

That's for the agents and relatives to squabble over later.

I honestly don’t know what l would do when the Browns win the Superbowl, but l would feel a certain poetic license to do whatever the fuck l wanted. Getting naked would only be the start of it.

So yeah, what OBJ did was well within fandom limitations.

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Jarvis was there...

EONrybgWAAE77aO.jpeg

• Upvote 1

After multiple losing seasons since the rebirth, I never thought I would see fans ok with all the distractions. This MAY be acceptable on a perennial winner, but the Browns need to right the ship in the worst way. If you think think distractions aren't that big of a deal then look no further than the whole Myles Garrett debacle. That whole fiasco in my mind single handedly deflated the rest of the Browns season. As a fan, I am getting tired of waiting for a winner and watching the annual circus. We need more guys like Nick Chubb that understand the importance of coming in and bringing the lunch pale and keeping his head down working hard. As a fan I demand it and deserve it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

If he wants to "make it rain" how about going to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter........ without cameras.

But he'd probably drive his BROWNS colored Rolls Royce and park it in front of the main entrance.  Just sayin'.

You sound like a bitter old man.  Well, from one bitter old man to another:  get the fuck off my lawn!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I honestly don’t know what l would do when the Browns win the Superbowl, but l would feel a certain poetic license to do whatever the fuck l wanted. Getting naked would only be the start of it.

In that case I do not want to know how it ends...

5 hours ago, Momszer said:

The article said the money was fake. He was just having fun with a couple of players. I see no harm in this. Lighten up!!!

• Haha 1

I guess this thread officially announces the beginning of the silly season. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

So yeah, what OBJ did was well within fandom limitations.

As just an average Joe having crazy fun especially if the BROWNS would win something would be fine.

If you're a professional football player or maybe the president you can keep it a bit cool because everyone will be recording your every move....... make sense? Eh?

As long as the money was fake (for the college kids sake), I don't care. Let him have fun. If this was the Bosa boys, nobody would care. It's who he is. Not everyone in the world has the same type of personality and having the low key personality doesn't necessarily win championships. This is a big whatever, guys having fun story to me. It's his money.

Oh and let's not forget, OBJ still had 74 receptions for over 1000 yards with a Sports Hernia and a moron head coach the entire year. It wasn't OBJ levels of good but He competed. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

In that case I do not want to know how it ends...

Love that... Warren Oates was a darn good actor.. Loved his characters in Gunsmoke and other westerns..

23 hours ago, Neo said:

After multiple losing seasons since the rebirth, I never thought I would see fans ok with all the distractions. This MAY be acceptable on a perennial winner, but the Browns need to right the ship in the worst way. If you think think distractions aren't that big of a deal then look no further than the whole Myles Garrett debacle. That whole fiasco in my mind single handedly deflated the rest of the Browns season. As a fan, I am getting tired of waiting for a winner and watching the annual circus. We need more guys like Nick Chubb that understand the importance of coming in and bringing the lunch pale and keeping his head down working hard. As a fan I demand it and deserve it.

I wouldn't call what Myles Garrett did a distraction.  It was a bonehead dumbass decision on the field during the game.  To me distractions happen off the playing field whether it be on the sidelines proposing to field goal nets or things like this (just using OBJ for continuity sake figure if I do it enough maybe the browns will give a coach and GM a chance for once). For the record I have no issue with what OBJ did last night being it was fake money.  Hell if he gave real money to joe burrow I wouldn't even be mad as he is draft eligible.

I do agree though that Myles Garrett incident deflated the season but I just don't classify it as a distraction.  An injury could derail a season just the same as a suspension with a player fighting for extra yards late in an already decided game or even going at 60% in said game but that doesn't make it a distraction. Distractions don't usually derail seasons. They are minor incidences.

Distractions don't usually derail seasons. They are minor incidences.

Exactly....these team would play like shite with or without the distractions.  Or, if it gets good, it will play well, with or without distractions.  They are only distractions if you are losing.