Jump to content
mjp28

Haslams, please sell the Browns ....... cleveland .com

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, Tour2ma said:

Depo... the guy whose role is not being expanded by Haslam... is in charge of the Draft now???

Remember folks... you read it here first.

 

Going to have to start calling you "Scoop"...

So you don't think he has any input as to the committee? And if so would you have a guess as to how much percentage wise?

And you believe his position has been at least somewhat expanded in this recent search, especially since rumor has it he was on board with stepanski last year?

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry,  that looks like  some retired Swiss  mountain  guide. Used to do those ricola  commercials.  :)

Have you really never seen Big Chuck (Shodowski..by the way)  dressed up as Stash?   the certain ethnic personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Have you really never seen Big Chuck (Shodowski..by the way)  dressed up as Stash?   the certain ethnic personality. 

Ben Crazy 

Cuyahoga Jones

The Kielbasa Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite Big Chuck And Little John skits

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So you don't think he has any input as to the committee? And if so would you have a guess as to how much percentage wise?

And you believe his position has been at least somewhat expanded in this recent search, especially since rumor has it he was on board with stepanski last year?

Depo definitely was the lead dog in the HC search and I suspect he's similarly involved in the GM search, but Dutch was talking about the Draft. All I have to go on concerning his role in the draft is that it will not be expanding... that's from Jimmah himself... and we know that under Dorsey Depo's was not a role with significant impact.

Impact aside I'm honestly not sure what Depo's role is. Surely it's in the analytics vein, but reporting relationships are not as clear as they were when the Sashi experiment began. Back in 2016 the org was detailed in a presser following a retreat the FO brass did.

Currently I only see five, analytics-related titles/names in the current FO list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gorka said:

 

No I didn't. It's a shame you're not as knowledgeable and up to date on matters involving football as you are with these kinds of things there ladyboy. Otherwise you'd be pretty good at talking football.

I have probably talked more football, and submitted more football data than anyone on this board. I mean, here  is a play I drew up.  I call it the "Dead or alive cat" play.  It really puts the other team in a box.

f186cf8c740ae03a8bb403c1f246b08d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I have probably talked more football, and submitted more football data than anyone on this board. I mean, here  is a play I drew up.  I call it the "Dead or alive cat" play.  It really puts the other team in a box.

 

And I have a problem.....  Because you have an ego problem... and if I see any more personal attacks- even if it's in fun- IT'S GONE.  That goes for Gorka too. Take that crap over to the political forum if you want to sling mud. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And I have a problem.....  Because you have an ego problem... and if I see any more personal attacks- even if it's in fun- IT'S GONE.  That goes for Gorka too. Take that crap over to the political forum if you want to sling mud. 

But, but, but, Pittsburgh...er I mean Gipper started it! lol

I was crystal clear about the misspelled word in question.

But good old Gipper pretended to be confused just so he could sling the "major bigot" card toward yours truly.

 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:53 AM, Gorka said:

Lol, yeah I know he was black. Was making a little joke there.

And you misspelled his name like I did, except I did it on purpose for effect...it's Robiskie, not Robiski.    "ski" is certainly Polish, not sure about "skie".

  On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:45 AM, The Gipper said:

I thought you meant that I misspelled Pollock.   I am not even certain how the derogatory term for a Polish person is spelled.  You are a major bigot, can you inform us on that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have probably talked more football, and submitted more football data than anyone on this board. I mean, here  is a play I drew up.  I call it the "Dead or alive cat" play.  It really puts the other team in a box.

f186cf8c740ae03a8bb403c1f246b08d.jpg

 I'd love to respond to this gem but Hoorta was crystal clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gorka said:

But, but, but, Pittsburgh...er I mean Gipper started it! lol

I was crystal clear about the misspelled word in question.

But good old Gipper pretended to be confused just so he could sling the "major bigot" card toward yours truly.

 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:53 AM, Gorka said:

Lol, yeah I know he was black. Was making a little joke there.

And you misspelled his name like I did, except I did it on purpose for effect...it's Robiskie, not Robiski.    "ski" is certainly Polish, not sure about "skie".

  On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:45 AM, The Gipper said:

I thought you meant that I misspelled Pollock.   I am not even certain how the derogatory term for a Polish person is spelled.  You are a major bigot, can you inform us on that? 

Hmmm.. ya know I  don't  have the time to read every word of every post. I don't  care  who started it. Usually  I'll  let stuff go, but I'm  not going to let Back and forth  mud slinging clutter  up threads. 

Gip just thinks he has more  in depth analysis.  Post count doesn't  equal insight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

And I have a problem.....  Because you have an ego problem... and if I see any more personal attacks- even if it's in fun- IT'S GONE.  That goes for Gorka too. Take that crap over to the political forum if you want to sling mud. 

I thought we were just having fun goofing with each other....at least that is what it was from my perspective.   So, was the Gweneth Paltrow Sweet Vagina Candle reference a bit much?   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hmmm.. ya know I  don't  have the time to read every word of every post. I don't  care  who started it. Usually  I'll  let stuff go, but I'm  not going to let Back and forth  mud slinging clutter  up threads. 

Gip just thinks he has more  in depth analysis.  Post count doesn't  equal insight. 

By no means did I believe I was providing in depth analysis.  All this was completely shallow, on the surface.  Except for Schrodinger's Cat.  That is some deep shit.  Sorta,maybe. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

........not that long ago, San Fran was even worse than us.  (that's pretty bad) .......and WE had Kyle Shanahan.  

Now, San Fran has Shanahan and they're in the Championship game......while we're still hiring coaches every year.

This is because we don't have a good football person in charge of the hiring and firing.  We have Jimmy....and now 'The Family'.   ( remember, The Family votes as a block.  If your opinion differs, then you're down 3 to 1 right off the bat )    -  We need a strong football side President in the worst way.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Orion said:

........not that long ago, San Fran was even worse than us.  (that's pretty bad) .......and WE had Kyle Shanahan.  

Now, San Fran has Shanahan and they're in the Championship game......while we're still hiring coaches every year.

This is because we don't have a good football person in charge of the hiring and firing.  We have Jimmy....and now 'The Family'.   ( remember, The Family votes as a block.  If your opinion differs, then you're down 3 to 1 right off the bat )    -  We need a strong football side President in the worst way.

Yes, indeed.  I had stated that when this whole thing started....that the Haslams should hire a President of Football Operations whose job it was to oversee everything.   I had dropped the name of Peyton Manning, because I knew he was the one guy that the Haslam's had enough respect for to put the team in his hands and leave well enough alone. (Even if Peyton is an obvious novice at running a football team...he is a bright guy).   Or someone like that   (bring back Ozzie?).     But no, they wouldn't do that.    Unless you actually want to consider Depo to be that guy.  He comes as close to anyone to being that guy.  But I don't think Depo would ever want to have that title.  So, he is not that guy.    That "guy"....is Jimmah/Dee/and their son in law. 

Some could point out that, hey....this sort of an arrangement has worked for the Rooneys for decades.    Fair enough.    So, tell us, how is the family owned/run Steelers successful where the family owned/run Browns are not? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 1:13 AM, Gorka said:

I mean Gipper started it! lol 

Put me down for an XL in white, please...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK... this bothers me.

Only grain of salt is that it is La Canfora...

=========================================================================

Browns ownership expects big improvement in Kevin Stefanski's first year as coach

Sources with knowledge of Cleveland's coaching search were stunned by how the Browns see themselves in 2020

Browns ownership made it clear to candidates throughout the lengthy interviewing process that they believe they have a roster talented enough to do big things in 2020, despite all of the issues of locker room culture that have dogged them for years.

"They think they are really close, seriously," said one person who has intimate knowledge of the search. "They think they are right on the cusp of greatness. I really couldn't believe it."

Another source with direct knowledge of the search said he believed that ownership was "delusional" in terms of the team's actual standing and the breadth of the task at hand, and the repeated inability to stick with a front office structure that has had a modicum of success.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-ownership-expects-big-improvement-in-kevin-stefanskis-first-year-as-coach/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

OK... this bothers me.

Only grain of salt is that it is La Canfora...

=========================================================================

Browns ownership expects big improvement in Kevin Stefanski's first year as coach

Sources with knowledge of Cleveland's coaching search were stunned by how the Browns see themselves in 2020

Browns ownership made it clear to candidates throughout the lengthy interviewing process that they believe they have a roster talented enough to do big things in 2020, despite all of the issues of locker room culture that have dogged them for years.

"They think they are really close, seriously," said one person who has intimate knowledge of the search. "They think they are right on the cusp of greatness. I really couldn't believe it."

Another source with direct knowledge of the search said he believed that ownership was "delusional" in terms of the team's actual standing and the breadth of the task at hand, and the repeated inability to stick with a front office structure that has had a modicum of success.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-ownership-expects-big-improvement-in-kevin-stefanskis-first-year-as-coach/

Well, we all here basically agreed with the ownership....that the Browns have a fairly talented roster. (if it is healthy and playing)    Which means that clearly this is just more hate by Canfora...saying that the owners are "delusional" about the talent on this team.   Now, do the Browns have "locker room" culture issues?   They certainly have had that, and they were named Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens.   The only legit concern there is that the Browns have been so poor at picking the right coach, why should anyone believe they have succeeded this time.   But, if Stinky IS that guy...then the talent on this team should flourish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, Tour2ma said:

OK... this bothers me.

Only grain of salt is that it is La Canfora...

=========================================================================

Browns ownership expects big improvement in Kevin Stefanski's first year as coach

Sources with knowledge of Cleveland's coaching search were stunned by how the Browns see themselves in 2020

Browns ownership made it clear to candidates throughout the lengthy interviewing process that they believe they have a roster talented enough to do big things in 2020, despite all of the issues of locker room culture that have dogged them for years.

"They think they are really close, seriously," said one person who has intimate knowledge of the search. "They think they are right on the cusp of greatness. I really couldn't believe it."

Another source with direct knowledge of the search said he believed that ownership was "delusional" in terms of the team's actual standing and the breadth of the task at hand, and the repeated inability to stick with a front office structure that has had a modicum of success.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-ownership-expects-big-improvement-in-kevin-stefanskis-first-year-as-coach/

I take most offseason stories with a grain of salt. So the guy who delivers coffee to the interview room overhears Haslam saying something like “I think we have a great foundation of a team, and under the right guy could do great things.” He’s trying to sell the job as a desirable job. 

I believe the proof is in the pudding, and there is no pudding right now. It’s just a buncha people talking about pudding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I take most offseason stories with a grain of salt. So the guy who delivers coffee to the interview room overhears Haslam saying something like “I think we have a great foundation of a team, and under the right guy could do great things.” He’s trying to sell the job as a desirable job. 

I believe the proof is in the pudding, and there is no pudding right now. It’s just a buncha people talking about pudding. 

All writers have deadlines and stories to get out.  Plus everyone is trying to put something big out there ahead of everyone else.

And we're barely into the Draft Day rumour of the day period.  

From now until the end of the Superbowl and the draft.... "It's the most boring time of the year.".  :lol:

.........and pitcher's and catchers report February 11 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×