THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslams, please sell the Browns ....... cleveland .com

mjp28

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... and the part about Depo running the draft?

So, in your opinion, our Chief Strategic officer who by duties at this point is really our  Head of football operations,  (he IS in charge of selecting the  HC, and the GM...or DPP as it were)    would have no input into the draft?   Surely,  you must know the analytics department will have a lot to say about who the Browns should draft, shouldn't they?

And yes, I just called you Shirley.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Robiski was black.   But sure, this team has been performing like it was being directed by a couple of Pollocks......Jackson Pollocks: 

Lol, yeah I know he was black. Was making a little joke there.

And you misspelled his name like I did, except I did it on purpose for effect...it's Robiskie, not Robiski.    "ski" is certainly Polish, not sure about "skie".

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, they can't.   You again are living a pipe dream.   Then Jimmy, when his lease is up just says:  " the town no longer supports this team..

You're missing the 'peaceful protest' part of my statement.  This would prove that it's not ambivalence.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Lol, yeah I know he was black. Was making a little joke there.

And you misspelled his name like I did, except I did it on purpose for effect...it's Robiskie, not Robiski.    "ski" is certainly Polish, not sure about "skie".

I thought you meant that I misspelled Pollock.   I am not even certain how the derogatory term for a Polish person is spelled.  You are a major bigot, can you inform us on that? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Peaceful protest you refer to...not buying tickets, not showing up to games,  got the Houston Oilers a ticket out of town.

When they had a "save the Oilers" rally more press showed up than fans unlike in Cleveland where there was huge support to save the BROWNS or else there'd be NO NFL football in Cleveland Ohio now.

Be careful what you wish for and how you do it.  If the Haslams ruin the BROWNS this time our nearest teams will be in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati maybe Indianapolis. Remember the football seasons in from 96, 97, 98?

That would "suck".

30 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

When they had a "save the Oilers" rally more press showed up than fans unlike in Cleveland where there was huge support to save the BROWNS or else there'd be NO NFL football in Cleveland Ohio now.

Be careful what you wish for and how you do it.  If the Haslams ruin the BROWNS this time our nearest teams will be in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati maybe Indianapolis. Remember the football seasons in from 96, 97, 98?

That would "suck".

Fan action had fuck all to do with Cleveland saving the Browns.     The lawyers that drew up the terms of the stadium lease saved the Browns with the specific performance clause.     

Remember that:

LAWYERS SAVED THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

If you think otherwise, look yourself in the mirror and say: "I am a dumbass". 

Oilers left for TN for the same reason Modell moved his team... antiquated Stadium with lack of luxury boxes... a/k/a $$$.

The Oilers fans' efforts did not prevent a move.... same as Browns' fans. Both cities had basically the same length hiatus from the game.

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oilers left for TN for the same reason Modell moved his team... antiquated Stadium with lack of luxury boxes... a/k/a $$$.

The Oilers fans' efforts did not prevent a move.... same as Browns' fans. Both cities had basically the same length hiatus from the game.

That's one thing I realized back when the Browns played the Texans... Reliant Stadium dwarfs the Astrodome that's still standing, and I believe is used for rodeos now....   

Though really Tour- when will the one upmanship on stadiums end? Seems like the going price has topped $2 billion....  

Dear Mr. Haslam, could you please install heated seats in First Energy?  :)  

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fan action had fuck all to do with Cleveland saving the Browns.     The lawyers that drew up the terms of the stadium lease saved the Browns with the specific performance clause.     

Remember that:

LAWYERS SAVED THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

If you think otherwise, look yourself in the mirror and say: "I am a dumbass". 

Karma can be fickle 

On 1/14/2020 at 12:18 AM, The Gipper said:

No, they can't.   You again are living a pipe dream.   Then Jimmy, when his lease is up just says:  " the town no longer supports this team......Where can we move to?  Sacremento, St. Louis, Portland, or San Antonio look good to me."

Exactly. They will take the money and run

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Exactly. They will take the money and run

i said this many threads ago....it will probably happen.....my guess, probably somewhere warm....jimmy will probably be there to....sucking up the good ole sunshine and laughing all the way to the el banko....hey, there you go....mexico city....

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

i said this many threads ago....it will probably happen.....my guess, probably somewhere warm....jimmy will probably be there to....sucking up the good ole sunshine and laughing all the way to the el banko....hey, there you go....mexico city....

They do love crooks In Mexico. Jimmy would fit right in

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

i was kinda thinking a racist remark may show up

diehardbrownsfan ?????????

Not sure why you think diehard is a racist. That has not been my experience with him. Now others "over there", I might agree, but not him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not sure why you think diehard is a racist. That has not been my experience with him. Now others "over there", I might agree, but not him.

as i said i will not say again

Go Browns