THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

Fair to say? 

I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

Well if the Browns hired DUMBOLL.. It's would've been a PR disaster on all fronts... I'm glad it wasn't him.. But.. I have little confidence in this hiring..

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

Fair to say? 

Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme.  I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

Glad it wasn,t  McDaniels ....he will go back to breast feeding on Bill through the nipple holes in his hoodie

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Sounds like it's done. 

What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

Let's ask this question: 

Was this whole  massive search for a new HC   just a dog and pony show?   Was it predetermined once Freddie was hired and Depo was put in charge that Stefanski was the choice...because he was HIS choice from last year?   Were hauling in the 8 names in here just a song and dance, and once Stefanski was free he was going to get the job anyway?   Hell, why not do it like the Cowboys:  bring in one nominal black face to suffice the Rooney rule, then make your hire.

I think, if I were  McDaniel, Saleh, Roman, etc. etc. that is how I would probably feel about it. 

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I know I'm thrilled at the idea of these guys running the Browns drafts again! 

(Goddamn it, how do you make posts pink again?) 😃

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Uhmm.....who is going to be conducting that draft?   Who is going to be coaching the defense?  Is Stinky  (that is going to be my name for him for short)....going to call plays, or hire an OC.....or bring in Kubiak  (which would help sooth my confidence quite a bit)

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If anything, this gives us a ton of material for more polish jokes.    Perogi's FOR DAYS!!!

How many Stefanski's does it take to change a light bulb?

Two. One to hold the light bulb on a ladder, one to spin the ladder. 

How can you tell who the bride is at a Stefanski wedding?

She's the one with the braided arm pit hair. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I think this hire sucks.......hope I'm wrong.

It's a bit of a Freddie Kitchens hire.  Not much OC time and boom...HC.    As you say, Hope for the best.   

Just now, bbedward said:

Don't love it but don't hate it either. His offense is uninspiring but will have to see who he chooses for assistants. Players seem to like him at least.

McDaniels seemed overhyped as other teams didn't even interview him, probably wanted more control.

Uhhm, if you were paying attention, Bill Belichick was mostly responsible for that.  He refused to allow McD to interview until Friday......and it worked....as NYG went ahead and hired a BB asst. that he ALLOWED to interview earlier, and  Carolina wanted to move and not wait.  

The control freak in this situation is one Mr BB.

But....what again would be fresh would be this:

BB says he wants to move on from Brady.   Brady wants to play.  McDaniel says to Kraft:  I am more than willing to continue to work with TB.    Kraft says to BB:  You are now retired as the HC of the NEP.   And names McDaniel his HC. 

Beautiful, no? 

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I get it. But even 1 game over .500 would feel a little better.

Sure....the question though is:    What ARE our realistic  expectations?    I have NO delusions of grandeur.  Slightly better than 6-10  could literally be what we can hope for it seems.