THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

Dutch Oven

QB guru, “leader of men”

Quote from one of his players: 

Kevin’s a guy … who has been around a lot of offenses,” tight end Kyle Rudolph said. “He’s a guy who knows what works and what doesn’t work, and I think it’s been good over these last two days, trying to get back to things that we did early in the year that made us successful.”

He also seems like a humble coach:

“The staff we have now, I have truly learned something from those guys every day,” Stefanski continued. “I have a ton of great influencers that have shaped me into who I am today, and I hope to be the coach that they’ve — I’ve learned from them, and Pat is certainly one of those guys I learned from.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/kevin-stefanski-s-philosophical-influences

Add Mort and Shef to the Stef-confirms...

Only thing that gives me pause is a ringing endorsement from Rex Ryan...

Just now, Browns149 said:

Over/under 1.5 years?

Over... way over...

2 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

QB guru, “leader of men”

Didn’t his offense get 4 first downs and 3 points in the final 3 quarters yesterday?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Add Mort and Shef to the Stef-confirms...

Only thing that gives me pause is a ringing endorsement from Rex Ryan...

Over... way over...

1.75 years?

So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

And that my team decided to hire that guy as a head coach. 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Please. Bring.  Kubiak.

Ridiculous.

Stefanski will be surrounded by the beautiful minds that brought us the 2016 Browns draft and who wanted to draft Mitchell Trubiskey over Myles Garrett. KUBIAK IS NOT NEEDED! 😆 

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

So tell me guys how I'm going to explain my friends with whom I watched the 49ers game yesterday that the atrocious offense that lead us to have a conversation to distract us from the game was coached by a guy... 

Clevelanders are the silliest of Americans? 

1 minute ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tour2ma said:

... with details on paper to be signed soon.

And now we don't have Sashi to butch the trade. Damn it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

The serious answer to this, I guess, would be:   A.  One game does not an entire career make.   B. The defensive guy had a lot more better horses to work with than the offensive guy...which is probably true   C.  This guy got Kirk Cousins to perform well, and actually win a playoff game.  Something no one else could ever do.    And D......use the reason that the committee that chose him probably used:   The analytics said that he is the right man for the job....even if we cannot explain what those analytics are. 

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

First, SF put the clearly superior team on the field. They got both Dee Ford and Kwan Alexander back at just the right time and both made their presence felt. There's only so much any Coach can overcome.

Second, an OC can do nothing about a muffed punt or an 8-play, TD drive with all 8 plays on the ground.

• Upvote 1

Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period...you can bet DePoop will tear it down.... I still see dark days ahead...

DePoop has far too much control...

At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

Fair to say? 

• Like 2

Just now, nickers said:

Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period... I still see dark days ahead...

DePoop has far too much control...

You mean the analytics guy that everyone in the front office was ignoring until the team continued to be dysfunctional? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1