THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The Titties did a better job of it on a bigger stage. Get up on the Ratbirds early, and force some turnovers. Force everything the Ravens do to the outside. Cover their tight ends. The Ravens can't win with a negative turnover balance.  :)   

Isn't that basically what the Browns did?   IIRC.  Got up early, forced TOs, made the Rats go outside.   Not sure about cover the TEs. ...they did a much better job of it in the first game than in the second, sure.   But...bigger stage? Sure, its the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Lamar inaccurate pressing downfield and to the sidelines...  Just like last year vs The Bolts.   Still struggling on 3rd downs and, news flash, Titans are sending a delayed 4th and making him use his arm.

If he would just pass more Baltimore would be fine.  /s

He was throwing wobblers much of the night... early... late... and in between.

Lamar did not choke... Vranel & staff outcoached Harbaugh & staff... and the Titans imposed their will on the BlackBirds.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

See him fidget on the sideline? THAT is what running the ball and putting the vice does on the opposition. You press yourself, you make bad decisions because you haven"t found offensive rhythm and no you're really against the clock.

I'm enjoying every second of this.

Taco ain't showing up in this thread.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You think Gip might now admit that Tannehill is a pretty good QB? After all he had the highest QB rating in the NFL since he stepped in for the Titans.

Are you insane?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

He was throwing wobblers much of the night... early... late... and in between.

And it brought me great happiness. Ah, the strip sack, the interceptions....  :)  Gonna have a glass of the Graham 10 year tawny and call it a night.    Now if those other birds bite it up in Green Bay I probably won't give a rat who wins the SB.   

Lamar would be great in Dancing with the Stars.... 

I predicted in another thread that the Ravens would not go to the Super Bowl and not by accident. The blueprint to stopping the  Ravens is exactly what I thought, jump on them early in the game and force Lamar  Jackson to become a pocket passer. 

Baltimore's offense gimick offense that relies on misdirection and Lamar Jackson's speed and shiftiness. That alone allows for Lamar to hit wide open receivers, but he will not beat you from the pocket throwing into tight windows and coverage as he showed tonight. Lamar was exposed tonight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You think Gip might now admit that Tannehill is a pretty good QB? After all he had the highest QB rating in the NFL since he stepped in for the Titans.

Are you insane?

Here is another reason Tour is such a teenie little  wienie by putting myself (and others) on ignore.  He misses conversations and comes off looking ignorant for having done so (not that he wouldn't otherwise half the time)     I had already told you that I thought that Tannehill has turned out pretty good with the, now, proper coaching and support.     So, I guess by his standard of measure, you are indeed insane. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And it brought me great happiness. Ah, the strip sack, the interceptions....  :)  Gonna have a glass of the Graham 10 year tawny and call it a night.    Now if those other birds bite it up in Green Bay I probably won't give a rat who wins the SB.   

Lamar would be great in Dancing with the Stars.... 

What is your issue with the Seahawks, pray tell? 

5 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Aww nice to know you think about me. I didnt realize I had that kind of impact on your life.

I don't know why tia would taunt you. 😃

You looked like a complete genius all season long. Lamar deserves the MVP Award... and I'll readily admit that I laughed at Slugger's love for him before the Draft. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball, how is he going to help Lamar make good throws from the pocket? 

Ray Ray is a murdering buffoon!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I don't know why tia would taunt you. 😃

You looked like a complete genius all season long. Lamar deserves the MVP Award... and I'll readily admit that I laughed at Slugger's love for him before the Draft. 

I am a fan of Lamar so I get the idea that I was being a homer, but the logic was still solid. I said if we had hired Roman than I would take him #1 and everyone went insane. I explained how the offense made Kaepernick and Tyrod Taylor into decent QB and Lamar is a better version of those guys. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

A simple "thanks for checking on me" would have sufficed.  

I feel your pain, tia. 

I detected some animosity from LondonBrown when I stated I was worried he had done a "Brooks Was Here" after Sashi was fired. 

We people with big hearts are never truly appreciated. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, I'm half Italian, half cracker. 

With half Italian it would have been enough. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, I'm half Italian, half cracker. 

I'm Italian, Sicilian and Croatian.. Oh... And red blooded American. lol@half cracker... funneh!

On a serious note, nothing from Wilcard week has made me think that today we are going to witness an upset in any of the games. 

I hope we have two close games. 

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

On a serious note, nothing from Wilcard week has made me think that today we are going to witness an upset in any of the games. 

I hope we have two close games. 

I could see the Seahawks/Packers game going either way. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could see the Seahawks/Packers game going either way. 

The upset was yesterday I'm taking HOU +10 and hope they don't get blown out -and- GB -4 and hope they cover.

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

With half Italian it would have been enough. 

Hey the Italian half is where he gets his cooking flair the other half likes boiled beef and mashed potatoes.   :lol:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Wow, I haven’t thought of Skip in a while but the years haven’t been kind to him..

Well, he would have been better to have used my reasoning:   that the Titans would look at how the Browns beat Baltimore earlier this year, and use that method, which I think they did to a great extent.