THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

Three out of four last week, the regional celebrities return, as does a new guest celebrity this week who should give you a clue as to who TGZ is picking in all four games this weekend (If you are as old as me):

hqdefault.jpg

Minnesota at San Francisco 4:35 PM Saturday

I'm going to give you a double prediction here: The Vikings give the Niners all they can handle for 60 minutes, but SF wins on the last play. After the game Kevin Stafanski is named the new Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns. 49ERS 30 VIKINGS 29

giphy.gif

Tennessee at Baltimore, 8:15 PM Saturday

Even if you know who Polly Purebread and Natalie Wood are, you probably don't know who Dean Pees is. He is the best defensive coordinator that is never talked about. He won Super Bowls as the DC in both New England and Baltimore. With the Ravens he figured out Colin Kaepernick in the nick of time. Now, as Titans DC, he's going to be the guy to figure out Lamar Jackson as well. Jacko and the ravens are held to FGs and that Tannehill and Co. roll on ... TITANS 21 RAVENS 12

giphy.gif

Houston at Kansas City 1:00 PM Sunday

The winner of this game is going to the Super Bowl. And they match up well as complete teams, but I will give KC the homefield edge and a little Mahomes Magic. Don't miss this game. CHIEFS 37 TEXANS 36

giphy.gif

Seattle at Green Bay Sunday 6:40P

Sticking with my All-Dog weekend, I'm going to take Seattle to win this one outright. They both have Hall of Fame QBs, so let's take that off the table. I like the rest of Seattle's roster and their coach, better. Marshawn Lynch pounds it in from the one for the win. SEAHAWKS 33 PACKERS 31

Anna-Faris-06.gif

It's PICKEM time again last Saturday NFL game of the year......and why am I in the mood for an old movie? Splendor in the grass?

Hopefully I won't pull an 0-fer again this week.

Bold = Winning Team (Spread) TOTAL POINTS 0
@San Francisco X vs   Minnesota 6.5 7.0 7.0 7.0 Sat 01/11 04:35 PM -
@Baltimore   vs X Tennessee 9.5 9.0 9.5 9.5 Sat 01/11 08:15 PM -
@Kansas City   vs X Houston 9.5 9.5 10.0 10.0 Sun 01/12 03:05 PM -
@Green Bay X vs   Seattle 4.0 4.0 4.0 4.0 Sun 01/12 06:40 PM -

GO BROWNS, naturally.  Give us a nice new coach.

Games:

Tennessee at Baltimore.     Obviously the one game of the weekend where I have a rooting interest...both pro and con:   Con:  hate the Ravens.  Fuck them and the ship they came in on.  Pro:  like to see Vrabel do well.     BUT....there is home field advantage, week off advantage, better performance this year advantage  all going for the Ravens.    Ergo....it is a choice between my brain and my heart.   But, what did I say earlier:   Fuck the Ravens.   Vrabel takes lessons from the Browns ass kicking of them earlier this year.  Henry rips through them,  Jackson finally learns that being a running QB in the NFL can bring you a world of hurt, and the Ratfuckers learn that a 13 game win streak is a hard thing to do 

Titans   40-25   (same score as Browns bet them )

Minnesota at  San Francisco.     Minnesota is my rooting favorite, but unlike the Titans, I don't think Kirk Cousins can come through in the clutch on the road two weeks in a row.  Would love to see it, but that SFO defense will be too tough on him.

49ers  33  Vikings  14

Houston at Kansas City.    Closer maybe that people think....but KC is not losing this game at home.  Too much Mahomes/Kelce

Chiefs  28  Texans  21

Seattle at Green Bay.   This is the one I am most conflicted about here doing a pick. Also I think it will be the closest game.  But this game is in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  As good as Russell Wilson is, he is no match for 8 inches of snow and maybe below  20 degrees.   Plus, the Packers are no damned slouch.  So....the Frozen Tundra  claims another victim:   

Packers 20  Seahawks 17

So....campers, don't forget your booties because its going to be cold out there:

03d1b9d1515d2b77d68e2bab77e320e7.jpg

Minnesota at  San Francisco.     Minnesota is my rooting favorite, but unlike the Titans, I don't think Kirk Cousins can come through in the clutch on the road two weeks in a row.  Would love to see it, but that SFO defense will be too tough on him.

49ers  33  Vikings  14

This one is looking fairly prophetic.   49ers  27  Vikings 10 with about 6 minutes left.

Early on Baltimore had a case of Baker-itis, a letdown in concentration from reading your own press reports.  

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

TEN 14-6 should be a good second half.

But not this good :lol:.       28-6.

What was Jackson thinking? 

If you have a defender who almost tackled you, and you didn't juke him or somebody got rid of him, why do you start your throwing motion? 

I want them to lose, but damn, I don't enjoy stupidity. 

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

So far so good for Z's prediction. Tennessee 21 points and Baltimore only scoring FGs. 

Looking like I overestimated the Rats.

Gregg Joseph 2 Playoff wins, Lamar Jackson 0.

Zombo

• Like 1