THE BROWNS BOARD

Before Iran was a hell hole

Westside Steve

I don't think we could have done much to stop the revolution. The people in Iran at the time wanted the Shah out and they wanted Ayatollah Khomeini in and they got what they wanted. Now that they have some buyers remorse  we are doing all we can (under the Trump admin) to help them by squeezing Iran with crippling sanctions. The problem is that having a revolution to get rid of the Ayatollah today is not as easy as getting rid of the Shah in 1979. Now when they protest in the street they get shot and killed.

O B F Who knows how much we might have been able to do? The fact is that we bent over for the Ayatollah. Can you imagine any other reasonably civilized Western style country being taken over by these fucking barbarians have the United States of America turning a blind eye?

At least we showed a little bit of spunk and Cuba even if those efforts ended up in a snafu.

Do you think we might step in should there be an Islamic fundamentalist revolution in say France?

WSS

I admit not fully understanding the times in which this all went down - the Shah and the Ayatollah events of the 70s

being  a switch from a secular govt to a islamic / cleric one? 

wasnt that the same thing that the "good people" of Iran wanted to switch back from in 2009  EVEN  in the efforts to hold "fair" elections?  

saw corruption at the hands of  AMA-NUTJOB (sp) stealing it to remain its leader?  

Plus Im not sure now what Obama admin couldve done about helping see a fair election then, but still his was do nothing policy anyway... but I digress (hehe)

They were close to a full out revolution in 2009 and couldnt seal the deal. 

7 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

I admit not fully understanding the times in which this all went down - the Shah and the Ayatollah events of the 70s

being  a switch from a secular govt to a islamic / cleric one? 

wasnt that the same thing that the "good people" of Iran wanted to switch back from in 2009  EVEN  in the efforts to hold "fair" elections?  

saw corruption at the hands of  AMA-NUTJOB (sp) stealing it to remain its leader?  

Plus Im not sure now what Obama admin couldve done about helping see a fair election then, but still his was do nothing policy anyway... but I digress (hehe)

They were close to a full out revolution in 2009 and couldnt seal the deal. 

We are seeing a similar situation with Turkey today and Erdogan taking Turkey from a more secular country into an Islamic country.