THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns new Coach....

hoorta

Don't start rumors that are giving guys heart attacks and indigestion.... 

Please wait until there's something official.... Nothing from Rappoport . How would they offer Daboll the job when they're not done interviewing McDaniels???

I wouldn't expect anything until later in the day at the earliest- and maybe not until Saturday when the guys have an evening to think about it.... 

• Thanks 4

Anyway possible to get Urban Mayer?  Please excuse the spelling if wrong...he has the gravitas to keep OB and Baker in line.  Otherwise I don't know if the Baker ship has sailed?  I'd like to see a proven winner coach this team.  McCarthy I thought would be an upgrade.  But gone.  Pettan (again please excuse spelling) did a fine job with Hoyer but the pressure to play Johnny highball and the horrible wasting of draft picks that prior year did him in.  He is respectable as the D coach at Green Bay.  What is the news now from Cleveland?  I just looked at a picture from an old box of photos of my dad and cousin Ed in front of Municipal stadium.  My Dad claimed you got a parachute when sitting in the upper deck in left field!

1 hour ago, Duckpins said:

Anyway possible to get Urban Mayer?  Please excuse the spelling if wrong...he has the gravitas to keep OB and Baker in line.  Otherwise I don't know if the Baker ship has sailed?  I'd like to see a proven winner coach this team.  McCarthy I thought would be an upgrade.  But gone.  Pettan (again please excuse spelling) did a fine job with Hoyer but the pressure to play Johnny highball and the horrible wasting of draft picks that prior year did him in.  He is respectable as the D coach at Green Bay.  What is the news now from Cleveland?  I just looked at a picture from an old box of photos of my dad and cousin Ed in front of Municipal stadium.  My Dad claimed you got a parachute when sitting in the upper deck in left field!

Urban isn't in consideration- it's going to be one of the 8 guys they've interviewed. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Please wait until there's something official.... Nothing from Rappoport .  

Great fact h..I can't listen to local cleveland radio, so i get most from NFL radio while at work..And all these guys, jump like flea's at what Rapsheet reports..multiple* sources reporting, gets most my attention.. 

2 hours ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

well we learned one thing....no one wants daboll

just when i thought it was safely between Josh & Fanski? did we really need another over his head candidate? please NO!! and don't be cheap Jimmy.. be right!! 

3 hours ago, Duckpins said:

NO.

😂

Phony Grossi @PhonyGrossi 4h4 hours ago

Replying to @MaryKayCabot

Here’s how this plays out (Browns style). Overconfident Haslams let McDaniels leave to wait for a Stefanski interview > meanwhile another team fires their HC & immediately interviews & hires McD > Browns scramble > Stefanski interviews and declines > Browns hire Dabol go 2-14

3 replies 2 retweets 20 likes

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

😂

Here’s how this plays out (Browns style). Overconfident Haslams let McDaniels leave to wait for a Stefanski interview > meanwhile another team fires their HC & immediately interviews & hires McD > Browns scramble > Stefanski interviews and declines > Browns hire Dabol go 2-14

Sounds about right...

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

😂

No other team is firing its coach.  Stefanski interviewed before McD.    This may be a snark tweet....but it at least should get some basic facts correct.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

You mean like start a thread titled Browns New Coach???

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Urban isn't in consideration- it's going to be one of the 8 guys they've interviewed. 

McCarthy in Big D... Saleh and Schwartz have been notified they are not in the running. Ditto for Bieniemy and Roman, and Daboll.

And then there were two, McD and Stef...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You mean like start a thread titled Browns New Coach???

McCarthy in Big D... Saleh and Schwartz have been notified they are not in the running. Ditto for Bieniemy and Roman, and Daboll.

And then there were two, McD and Stef...

Thanks for the update- and you must have missed the deleted thread- IT'S DABOLL!!!! 

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

😂

Even if the facts of this are incorrect, it sure sounds like it could happen 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Thanks for the update- and you must have missed the deleted thread- IT'S DABOLL!!!! 

Can I state with confidence.....that at least as far as the fans are concerned (understanding that they have no voice).....there would be NO confidence at all among the fan base if Daboll were the choice?

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't really care - whoever it is, I just really, really hope he is the right guy to guide this team

to success. Seriously. IMDO, I have serious reservations about McDaniels, Daboll, but if they have grown into

the "right head coach" for the Browns at this point in time, so be it, and I won't complain about it.

• Upvote 1

I believe we fucked it up again. Stefanskis offense isn’t impressive to me. He’s another first time learn on the job never head coach. The only thing that might make me feel better is if he brings Kubiak as OC. Rumor is that he’s going to tab Pat Shurmur as OC which makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I really think McDaniels was the right move. 

29 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I believe we fucked it up again. Stefanskis offense isn’t impressive to me. He’s another first time learn on the job never head coach. The only thing that might make me feel better is if he brings Kubiak as OC. Rumor is that he’s going to tab Pat Shurmur as OC which makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I really think McDaniels was the right move. 

Don't even fucking think that, jesus to jesus. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

2 OC's sounds about right for the browns...  McDaniels likey wanted 100 Mil for 7 years. 

• hoorta unpinned and locked this topic