THE BROWNS BOARD

I have no problem with this teacher

Westside Steve

So many things wrong here.
I can understand the teacher's frustration.  Probably has dealt with that kids insubordination many, many times.  However, I am not sure that handling the kid the way he did was appropriate.  What if after shoving him by the door the kid tripped and hit his head or was hurt?

The question I have is this... why does this kid feel that playing music at a disrupting volume is okay?  Why is he allowed to have a cell phone out during actual class time?
One then wonders what this kids home life is like?  Parental involvement?  Dad did say that his son was wrong but still wants to press charges.  Why not sit down with the teacher and his son and possibly use some emotional intelligence to talk about the events and come to a reasonable solution.  The teacher will be dismissed and will probably have a hard time finding another job teaching

What type of escalation protocols does the school have for when kids are being disruptive?  
This is just  growing problem in many school systems.  Parents don't give a shit, kids don't give a shit, and teachers are growing more and more frustrated to the point that they respond like they do.  

And then the article reads that the teacher didn't act in accordance with their expectations.  How about level setting behaviors with parents and students too.

I really didn't see an alternative to taking the kid out of the class. It doesn't look like he was beaten or abused. Personally  I'm probably a little bit of an asshole and I wouldn't have minded that but I do realize that would have been the wrong course of action. He was lifted up safely as police are trained at least to remove people at a sit-in. The other choice was just to let the little son-of-a-bitch sit there and crank up the hip-hop Tunes and give up the entire class.

WSS

• Upvote 1

I would not want to be a teacher today. I can't believe this teacher was criminally charged. The teacher did not strike the disobedient student only forcefully removed him from the classroom so he could no longer disrupt the class. The parents should have some concern about the actions and disobedience of their own child but instead they will likely file a lawsuit against the teacher and the school.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I really didn't see an alternative to taking the kid out of the class. It doesn't look like he was beaten or abused. Personally  I'm probably a little bit of an asshole and I wouldn't have minded that but I do realize that would have been the wrong course of action. He was lifted up safely as police are trained at least to remove people at a sit-in. The other choice was just to let the little son-of-a-bitch sit there and crank up the hip-hop Tunes and give up the entire class.

WSS

What some of these kids call hip hop today is truly what offends me the most.  

Dear God is 95% of it just..... fucking awful.

edit: I have several teachers in my family.  Can confirm, not an easy job.  Especially dealing with some of these little shits today.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

edit: I have several teachers in my family.  Can confirm, not an easy job.  Especially dealing with some of these little shits today.

The future?

1 minute ago, htownbrown said:

The future?

I can only hope.  I love LD's word play, the fact his stuff isn't overly serious, rather hilarious and actually some-what self aware of how selfish and material most mainstream hip hop has become now.      Dude isn't overly vulgar either and he takes shots at just about everyone.   The opposite of PC minus being crude for crudeness sake.     

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It's the way of the future just look at what California is doing...I agree with you the teacher has to be able to keep control of the classroom or no one will learn anything.

New California Law Bans ‘Willful Defiance’ Suspensions in Grades K-8

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/new-california-law-bans-willful-compliance-suspensions-in-grades-k-8/1964981/

Senate Bill 419 will make it illegal for public and charter schools to suspend students for "willful defiance." According to the San Diego Unified School District, willful defiance is defined as “disrupting school activities or otherwise refusing to follow the valid authority of school personnel.”

For example, if a student refuses a teacher’s request to take off his or her hat or hoodie in the classroom, that would fall under willful defiance.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well it wasn't really meant to be a commentary on hip hop. It doesn't matter if the kid was cracking up Sergeant Pepper Cole Porter or Beethoven you just can't pull that shit in class and expect to have your ass kissed.

But many of us especially musicians foolishly think that we can reproduce it. There is a skill involved whether or not I despise it. But that's completely off subject. 😏

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Well it wasn't really meant to be a commentary on hip hop. It doesn't matter if the kid was cracking up Sergeant Pepper Cole Porter or Beethoven you just can't pull that shit in class and expect to have your ass kissed.

But many of us especially musicians foolishly think that we can reproduce it. There is a skill involved whether or not I despise it. But that's completely off subject. 😏

WSS

Just making a tongue in cheek observation is all.

• Upvote 1

My Wife, retired teacher, just mentioned after I read the OP to her - that all the good kids will leave, and

go to private schools, Christian schools will boom, teachers will bail and leave california,

And empowering radical, defiant students probably gives the democratic/left a stronger voting base as time goes on.

"See? we let you do anything you want. Stick with us when you start voting!"

That's what I think it is basically all about.