THE BROWNS BOARD

JANUARY 7, 2020 -   5 Birthdays today on The BROWNS BOARD !  The birthday paradox. 

mjp28

JANUARY 7, 2020 -   5 Birthdays today on The BROWNS BOARD !    Happy birthday one and all.

5 BIRTHDAYS TODAY

• Upvote 1

Happy Birthday one and all! Many healthy and blessed more!! H

GO BROWNS!!!

• Upvote 1

I didn't believe in this until I looked into it.....   https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-birthday-paradox

Understanding the Birthday Paradox

HomeMath

23 people. In a room of just 23 people there’s a 50-50 chance of at least two people having the same birthday. In a room of 75 there’s a 99.9% chance of at least two people matching.

Put down the calculator and pitchfork, I don’t speak heresy. The birthday paradox is strange, counter-intuitive, and completely true. It’s only a “paradox” because our brains can’t handle the compounding power of exponents. We expect probabilities to be linear and only consider the scenarios we’re involved in (both faulty assumptions, by the way).

Let’s see why the paradox happens and how it works.......

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I didn't believe in this until I looked into it.....   https://betterexplained.com/articles/understanding-the-birthday-paradox

Understanding the Birthday Paradox

HomeMath

23 people. In a room of just 23 people there’s a 50-50 chance of at least two people having the same birthday. In a room of 75 there’s a 99.9% chance of at least two people matching.

Put down the calculator and pitchfork, I don’t speak heresy. The birthday paradox is strange, counter-intuitive, and completely true. It’s only a “paradox” because our brains can’t handle the compounding power of exponents. We expect probabilities to be linear and only consider the scenarios we’re involved in (both faulty assumptions, by the way).

Let’s see why the paradox happens and how it works.......

The paradox is PoeticG and Gipper sharing the same birthday. LOL!🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The paradox is PoeticG and Gipper sharing the same birthday. LOL!🤣

Don't forget:

Millard Fillmore

Pope Gregory...the guy who invented the calendar we all go by.

William Peter Blatty....author of the exorcist

Nick Cage

Katie Couric

Ron Rivera

Steve Belichick...BB's dad

Charles Addams....of the Addams Family

And one of my favorites:   Fred Whitfield.  1st baseman of the Cleveland Indians when I was growing up....AND one of his coaches:  Alvin Dark