THE BROWNS BOARD

Wentz is all that?

Icecube

I know Baker had a down year - nearly at the bottom of every stat that matters. 

But why does Wentz constantly get a pass for everything? What has he actually done the last 3 years? Once AGAIN, when it matters most, he's not able to play.  I know he took a shot by Clowney, but your best ability is availability and Carson just ain't available far too often.  And when he does play, what has he shown that is so impressive? I don't see it. 

• Upvote 1

If healthy, I think Wentz is a top 10 QB in this league. For his career he's thrown for nearly three times as many touchdowns and interceptions. 

He just keeps getting hurt at the worst time. His reputation as injury prone is accurate.

But healthy, I'd take Wentz every day of the week, and twice on Sundays over Baker. 

I never thought Carson was "all that"... but I did not think I'd be relying on injury to bail me out.

While I wish injury on no one I can't help but chuckle every time he goes down. I remember too well the pro-Wentz arguments in the Goff-Wentz draft debates the Goff was too slight of build to survive in the NFL.

Last nite was a perfect example. Saw him walking to the locker room and said, "You've got o bet fucking kidding me." In real time the hit that sat him looked like nothing.

Carson is an early retirement candidate walking in the footsteps of Kyle Long who just retired after seven years.

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I never thought Carson was "all that"... but I did not think I'd be relying on injury to bail me out.

While I wish injury on no one I can't help but chuckle every time he goes down. I remember too well the pro-Wentz arguments in the Goff-Wentz draft debates the Goff was too slight of build to survive in the NFL.

Last nite was a perfect example. Saw him walking to the locker room and said, "You've got to be fucking kidding me." In real time the hit that sat him looked like nothing.

Carson is an early retirement candidate walking in the footsteps of Kyle Long who just retired after seven years.

You probably remember I was one of the BIG take Wentz guys. and he is mighty good- when he can play, which seems to be not too often. Long? Try more like Sam "made of glass" Bradford.  :)  

Crash, Eagles crash. But not if it means the Scow-boys wind up top in the NFC East. 

Carson needs to learn what a hook slide looks like.give up & slide & live to play the next down.. feet first not your head first.This is not North Dakota St. anymore.Act like a runner in this league, you get Smoked. His Junior year Carson rushed the ball 138 times 😋..His money senior year he rushed only 63 times. Wentz took off running 62 times this season while Baker Mayfield in all 16 games rushed only 28 times////Doug Peterson..teach that kid he ain't got Brett Farve's brick head:ph34r: 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Best ability is availability.      ;)

I think Wentz can be a fine QB... top 15.  But he has seen some injuries these first few seasons.

Then again, so did Matt Stafford then he put together 7 or 8 seasons without missing a game, I believe?

That is so true!  Some guys like Kosar for one just seem to be there no matter what.

Hey Mayfield did start all 16 games this year first one since......Otto?  No Ryan?

I wanted Wentz.  But he's apparently not smart enough to stay out of harms way.  

Some of these QB's want to run and not slide.  You'd never see Peyton Manning do that.  He was too smart.

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

The Eagles need a very very good backup. He will play every year especially in the playoffs

Yes....having Foles there proved that theorem.   I don't know who they had before they had to take McCown off the streets, but whomever it was must have been considered wholly inadequate.   Or else they got their backup QB  hurt.    Who was that person? 

50 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That is so true!  Some guys like Kosar for one just seem to be there no matter what.

Hey Mayfield did start all 16 games this year first one since......Otto?  No Ryan?

But Kosar physically started breaking down during his fifth season.

By the time he was 30, he was pretty much a shell of his younger self.