THE BROWNS BOARD

THIS WEEK IN NFL HISTORY - Recapping the entire football year. The shutdown of 2020 ?.

mjp28

And someday we can lookback to the great sports shutdown of '20 and reminisce about that.   I wonder if an abbreviated NFL or NCAA  season will happen this coming fall.....I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We've been through strike and lockouts in major sports but nothing quite like this.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And someday we can lookback to the great sports shutdown of '20 and reminisce about that.   I wonder if an abbreviated NFL or NCAA  season will happen this coming fall.....I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We've been through strike and lockouts in major sports but nothing quite like this.

I expect things to be normal by fall, so no truncated NFL or college football seasons.    Obviously  though the NBA and NHL seasons are to be truncated.  (but hell, aren't they too long anyway?)  Still think they will conduct playoffs in those (why do they care if their playoffs go into August?  They still want the money, and they will be getting the time off now. 

Baseball starting late.  How late depends on how shortened the MLB season will be.  Remember in 1995 they only played 144 games instead of 162.  That was no problem.

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to guess the Browns won't be rolling out their new uniforms at a big event like they did last time... 

Maybe together with the masks, gloves and gowns with the orange and brown trim ?     :ph34r:

17 hours ago, ATOM said:

the steelers started it

fuck them

Nice t shirts too.

2019-2020 might turn out to be memorable football and sports seasons......but aren't they all !

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 1:02 PM, mjp28 said:

Nice t shirts too.

2019-2020 might turn out to be memorable football and sports seasons......but aren't they all !

Well the 2020 football season is off to a once in a lifetime start......we hope.

GO BROWNS !

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2020 at 1:10 PM, mjp28 said:

This week in NFL history - JANUARY 25 to 31.

HISTORY
This Date in NFL History
0125.jpg

January 25

1998 — Denver beats Green Bay 31-24 in Super Bowl XXXII at San Diego behind Terrell Davis' 157 yards rushing and a Super Bowl-record three touchdowns. A record worldwide audience of 800 million in 147 countries, views the game on television.

0126.jpg

January 26

1992 — Washington defeats Buffalo 37-24 in Super Bowl XXVI. Mark Rypien passes for 292 yards and two touchdowns as the Redskins win their third Super Bowl in 10 years.

0127.jpg

January 27

1991 — The New York Giants defeat Buffalo 20-19 in Super Bowl XXV as Bills kicker Scott Norwood misses a 47-yard field goal attempt with eight seconds remaining.

0128.jpg

January 28

1996 — Dallas becomes the first team in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in a four year period by defeating Pittsburgh 27-17 in Super Bowl XXX.

0129.jpg

January 29

1995 — San Francisco defeats San Diego 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX. Steve Young passes for a record six touchdowns as the 49ers become the first team to win five Super Bowls.

0130.jpg

January 30

1983 — Washington beats Miami 27-17 in Super Bowl XVII. Fullback John Riggins rushes for a Super Bowl-record 166 yards on 38 carries as Washington its their first NFL title since 1942.

0131.jpg

January 31

1993 — Dallas beats Buffalo 52-17 in Super Bowl XXVII. The Cowboys' win is their third in a record sixth Super Bowl appearance; the Bills become the first team to drop three in succession (they would lose again to Dallas, 30-13, the following year).

Just going back in Super Bowl History.

At 56 years old now and counting it is part of America's history.