THE BROWNS BOARD

INDIANS counting on cheap, young pitching ? 

mjp28

INDIANS counting on cheap, young pitching ?   And pitchers and catchers report in about 5 weeks.

Sure looks that way from excerpts from Terry Pluto.  https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/12/whats-behind-cleveland-indians-moves-so-far-this-winter-besides-money.html

3. It’s possible Bauer will go to arbitration for a third consecutive winter. According to MLBtraderumors.com, he is projected to be paid $18.6 million. That’s up from $13 million in 2018.

4. So it appears Bauer will be in line for a $5 million raise after a lousy season. Had the Indians retained Corey Kluber, his salary also would be in the $18 million range for 2020. Yes, money was part of the reason both veteran starters were traded. No doubt. But the Indians knew they couldn’t re-sign Bauer. And they knew big questions hung over Kluber. Will he stay healthy? Can he return to his 2018 form?

5. Finally, the Indians had lots of younger (and cheaper) starters available: Mike Clevinger, Shane Bie.ber, Zach Plesac, Aaron Civale, Adam Plutko, Jefry Rodriguez, along with minor leaguers Scott Moss, Logan Allen and Triston McKenzie ... although none of the prospects are big league ready now. Veteran Carlos Carrasco will “anchor” the staff, as team president Chris Antonetti mentioned.......

1 hour ago, FairHooker11 said:

thats Shane B ieber LOL

Yeah some childish bs from a few years back still on here.  

The TRIBE has lost a few key old pitchers but have some promising Young guns. 1. Clevinger 2. Bei.ber then Plesic, Civale, Plutko are there.

This approach should allow the Indians to contend for the playoffs for years. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Carrasco is moved too, because as mentioned, there's a ton of good, young, cheaper starting pitchers. I'd like to see the Indians get back some young position players in return. 

Then again, when the Indians trade Lindor, and it is coming, they should get a haul for him. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This approach should allow the Indians to contend for the playoffs for years. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Carrasco is moved too, because as mentioned, there's a ton of good, young, cheaper starting pitchers. I'd like to see the Indians get back some young position players in return. 

Then again, when the Indians trade Lindor, and it is coming, they should get a haul for him. 

I think they can concentrate on winning the basically two team race in the ALC with CLE and MIN and of course any surprises and not even try to chase the Yank$, LAD, HOU and the like.

Should make them contenders and a reasonable attendance draw in their downsized stadium.

Lindor will be the big story if/when they decide to deal or resign him.