THE BROWNS BOARD

HC/GM/Position Coach tracker

gumby73

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

The fact that McDaniel's hire wasn't announced today, makes it unlikely that he's Haslam's choice. Your wife accompanies you if you're expecting an offer. Let's watch the Browns coaching bowl tomorrow aka 49ers v Vikings.

But, neither was anyone else.  I personally would have thought that they would have had a few of these guys in for followup interviews.  That normally would happen, so maybe the Browns are just being normal.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But, neither was anyone else.  I personally would have thought that they would have had a few of these guys in for followup interviews.  That normally would happen, so maybe the Browns are just being normal.

Let's hope not. Normal for the Browns is 2 + 14.

WSS

• Sad 1

vN2QmbEg_normal.jpg
Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

The Browns have started reference checks and working on permission on GM candidates, per sources. The plan all along has been to pick the coach, and find a GM to pair him with. So Cleveland's working on Step 2 of its process.
  • Thanks 1

Daryl Ruiter just went on the Twitters and said that he thinks DePodesta is finally going to "get his guy as head coach", which would mean Stefanski. 

If we don't hear today that McDaniels is the head coach, the Browns could be waiting for the result of the Vikings/49ers game. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Daryl Ruiter just went on the Twitters and said that he thinks DePodesta is finally going to "get his guy as head coach", which would mean Stefanski. 

If we don't hear today that McDaniels is the head coach, the Browns could be waiting for the result of the Vikings/49ers game. 

Typical Browns/Jimmy fuckery!... We're run by a baseball guy... Pathetic..

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I makes sense. An earlier article mentioned that DePodesta was looking to find employment elsewhere after his contract expired because no one listened to him. So why bother keeping him around to continue not listening to him? Except, you know, the Browns.

19 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I makes sense. An earlier article mentioned that DePodesta was looking to find employment elsewhere after his contract expired because no one listened to him. So why bother keeping him around to continue not listening to him? Except, you know, the Browns.

Honestly....it does not bother me if Podesta is not kept around.    Ergo, JH should choose the HC of his choice, and if by doing so he lose Depo......so be it. 

I don't know if Depo's choice would be bad or good,  but I don't think the decision should be made just to placate him.  Now....if JH thinks that Depo is that valuable, and that he has the utmost confidence in his choice  (but he didn't last year, did he).....then fine.   If  the owners and Depo, and whomever else is involved in the decision making process have a consensus, I guess we all have no cause to second guess them.........yet.    (but if they start the season like 2-4....then let the howling begin)

lol.... let me see if I have this right...

Depo opposed the last two Browns' HC hires... which were Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens for you home players... and folks here are blasting the thought that he may finally be listened to the third time around.

Browns fans... gotta love 'em...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Depo opposed the last two Browns' HC hires... which were Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens for you home players... and folks here are blasting the thought that he may finally be listened to the third time around.

Did he oppose Hue Jackson?   I am not sure I had heard that.   Who was he in favor of then?

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You do realize that the blasting is directed towards ownership?

No matter how this pans out, Haslam is a dipshit.

If DePodesta picks the greatest coach ever who wins every Superbowl, then it’s “Why the hell didn’t you listen to him 5 years ago?!?”

And if it all melts down and we’re having this conversation a year or 2 from now, then it’s “Why do you keep hiring and listening to idiots?!? Again and again and again?!?”

So they may hire the guy who finished 2nd to Freddie Kitchens during the most recent installment of the popular biannual event known as "It's Time For Yet Another Browns' Reboot".......

Dreams do come true. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You do realize that the blasting is directed towards ownership?

I do not.

Hard to come to that conclusion when a comment is made that, "We are run by a baseball guy."

37 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Browns requesting to interview Berry and Dodds for GM which by inference means Stefanski, Saleh and Schwartz are the propable finalists for HC.

Interesting...

There were reports 1+ days ago that both Saleh and Schwartz were out. Now there are reports that Saleh is still "in" due to his association with Dodds.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/133141-browns-still-interested-49ers-robert-saleh/

Looks like our HC's last name will begin with "S".

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did he oppose Hue Jackson?   I am not sure I had heard that.   Who was he in favor of then?

I think everybody in the league thought that Hue was the hottest prospect in town.

And while he probably certainly has his shortcomings he was dealt a hand that no coach could have won with.

WSS

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Interesting...

There were reports 1+ days ago that both Saleh and Schwartz were out. Now there are reports that Saleh is still "in" due to his association with Dodds.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/133141-browns-still-interested-49ers-robert-saleh/

Looks like our HC's last name will begin with "S".

As In Shit.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think everybody in the league thought that Hue was the hottest prospect in town.

Yes, everyone thought we got the cream of the crop that year, didn't they.

And while he probably certainly has his shortcomings he was dealt a hand that no coach could have won with.

Have a winning team?  Right.   Be better than they were?  Certainly.

WSS

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

".

Maybe...and that S better look like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

This   S  stood for Saleh in this game this afternoom.   Holding Dalvin Cook and the Vikes to like 25 yards rushing.   If  he can get our defense to play like that, that would be sweet.   Browns defense may not have all the horses that the 49ers defense  has, but they have some decent bones to work with....which Saleh may be able to harness. 

So far Stefanski's offense is being pretty Stestinki.   As I type with the game on in the background,   Only 84 yards of total offense.  Half of that on one play. 3 pts came off a turnover deep in SFO territory that got them a FG. 

So...in this game Saleh's forces having the better of it.   But Saleh may also have better horses to work with. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I do not.

Hard to come to that conclusion when a comment is made that, "We are run by a baseball guy."

So I'm taking it you are either partial to the evaluation process in general terms or Depodesta personally? 

Or just less hostile to either than some of us?

WSS