THE BROWNS BOARD

HC/GM/Position Coach tracker

gumby73

40 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been hearing a lot about how good Stefanski would be for our team. He makes a lot of sense the more I learn about him. For instance, I just heard that Baker had a QB rating over 100 on play-action passes, and under 70 on everything else. Guess who else does really well with play-action passes? Kirk Cousins, and ever since Stefanski got to be OC, the offense has been cooking. 

I suppose that anal-ytics will allow us to come up with something for anyone to make them look good.  I am not disparaging your stats, I am just saying that we could drown ourselves in this kind of analysis if we wanted to. 

Of course, maybe, just maybe, this is the sort of thing that Depodesta relies on and acts on.  

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, but IS THIS STILL 'MERICA?

We speak one language round these parts, and it is 'MERICAN.

You sissy boys talkin' about other people and cultures like there's any other places in the world worth a shit like 'MERICA. There ain't. 

'MERICA, FUCK YEAH!

Well....I was talking about English/British history.

What language am I typing in right now? 

But, if you want 'Merican, here you go:

góyaa bá ahóótʼiʼ.

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You sissy boys talkin' about other people and cultures like there's any other places in the world worth a shit like 'MERICA. There ain't. 

'MERICA, FUCK YEAH!

'Murica*

You're welcome.

Btw, don't go looking for me south of Texas, because that's not where Spain is at. 

• Haha 1

If your lucky enough to be given a heartbeat? Being Blessed is what you make of it... moving on

9 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Why didnt Kubiak get an interview? Is he not interested in a head coaching position because he is obviously the best coach out there. 

If any team knows Kubiak's future plans? It should be Our Odd Squad hiring crew... IF* they ask the right questions? Coaching staff Candidates? The Squad should have Kubiak surrounded?

1)We were the only team to interview Saleh..Kub gave him his first real chance at Houston.. 

2) Stefanski works with the guy side by side.. this from camp https://vikings.com/news/kubiak-enjoying-different-role-with-vikings-impressed-by-stefanski-cousins   

A) Gary's health conditions was Migraines missing time at coaching in Denver.. imho, Gary & Family are just as happy with Gary, coaching with his Son, who is a asst. OL coach at Vikings.. 

I got to hope somewhere in 2 seperate interviews, Kubiak's name was tossed around.. per link, Even Kub speaks highly of Stefanski ...  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

That could make for a good offensive coordinator.

But we need to stop being so myopic regarding what we want in a head coach. 

We need someone who can properly run an entire team, not one who can design plays. 

Well that could be a genuine point. If that's the case, we might be taking a pretty serious look at Schwartz, who is known as an analytics guy and no-nonsense. 

Keven Stefanski confirmed as interviewed today in Minnesota..Updated post #2 as 7th candidate interviewed..Listening to a Vikings play by play Radio guy from today. It sounded like the Vikings final prep was done by 1PM today, for a fly to Bay on Friday...   Only leaves #8. Josh McDaniels as a Friday interview. MKC source, confirms he's coming. No More interviewee's Scheduled... Good Luck to all involved 🤞  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

'MERICA, FUCK YEAH!

And that's part of the problem Dutch. Too many Americans think their shit don't stink. :)  

It all goes in cycles- Rome, British Empire... Nah- that would never happen to America. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

'Murica*

You're welcome.

Btw, don't go looking for me south of Texas, because that's not where Spain is at. 

And those folks south of the border speak a little differently than you guys do in Spain.  Damn Maya heritage with tongue twisters for folks who got trained in Castilian Spanish.  :)  Ixtapa. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

'MERICA, FUCK YEAH!

This explains a lot

McDaniels interviews tomorrow. He brings a winning tradition & a knowledge of how a successful franchise is run...IF he pushes the issue & IF the Haslams would listen, learn, & change accordingly, that could be a great thing.

To this point, my favorite is Saleh.....we'll see what happens.

No matter how things end up, I'm still (as always) a Browns' Fan.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Schwartz is a little more 'old school'.  -  experienced

Dabol is supposedly a yeller.  He'll give you the ol' yell at.  -  Experienced coordinator

Stefanski, supposedly not the yeller type.  -  not so experienced

Saleh - not so experienced

Bienemy - not so experienced

Roman - Experienced coordinator

McDaniels - experienced  -  been part of the Patriots magic  -  traded up to draft Tim Tebow in round 1  (that's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen done -  would fit right in with our 21st century Browns)

----------------   Roman, perhaps?  

I tried to separate this by one Question..." do i want my HC to be a CEO type? or Calling Plays?"

Oddly, of 8 teams left in playoffs it seems to split at 4 a piece..Ravens/Tenn./Seattle/ use the CEO coach approach..Packers with Rogers, ain't Baker seeing the field right now & O'Brien at Houston i think calls the offensive plays?

Riverboat Ron has done both, but is going with CEO approach at Redskins. 2 cords..

Rhule & Judge have spoken to also take the CEO approach hiring both cords

Clearly we have seen 2 coaches lose their jobs here calling offensive plays.. And  1 D cord lose his job trusting his job with his buddy named O'Neil calling defensive plays..and a Farmer with no WR plan, but with a texting phone plan

Seems fairly simple..a) who can get us the best staff to play to our core players strength? while,  b) best position staff, coaching techniques to *not* see guys leaving here to do so ..   

What dirty up'd split path do we take this time? stay tuned 🤔 

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

If your lucky enough to be given a heartbeat? Being Blessed is what you make of it... moving on

If any team knows Kubiak's future plans? It should be Our Odd Squad hiring crew... IF* they ask the right questions? Coaching staff Candidates? The Squad should have Kubiak surrounded?

1)We were the only team to interview Saleh..Kub gave him his first real chance at Houston.. 

2) Stefanski works with the guy side by side.. this from camp https://vikings.com/news/kubiak-enjoying-different-role-with-vikings-impressed-by-stefanski-cousins   

A) Gary's health conditions was Migraines missing time at coaching in Denver.. imho, Gary & Family are just as happy with Gary, coaching with his Son, who is a asst. OL coach at Vikings.. 

I got to hope somewhere in 2 seperate interviews, Kubiak's name was tossed around.. per link, Even Kub speaks highly of Stefanski ...  

Bring them as a group dammit. That would be the smart move, but the Browns don't do that so tee up the football Lucy. Charlie Browns are ready, willing and able.🙄

Here is something I heard today. It was stated that if they search for a general manager they must comply with the Rooney rule. However if they term that position as a director of player personnel the Rooney rule does not apply. So let’s see the hire  McDaniels and he wants to bring in Caserio If they call Caserio A GM they must interview minorities for the position. But if they just call him this DPP they would not have to do that.

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is something I heard today. It was stated that if they search for a general manager they must comply with the Rooney rule. However if they term that position as a director of player personnel the Rooney rule does not apply. So let’s see the hire  McDaniels and he wants to bring in Caserio If they call Caserio A GM they must interview minorities for the position. But if they just call him this DPP they would not have to do that.

So where's the minority candidates qualified to be a GM?  LOL, interview Sashi? See if we could coax Ozzie out of retirement?  Hey Ozzie, want to be the Browns GM? Sorry I'm retired. Does that count as an interview?  

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So where's the minority candidates qualified to be a GM?  LOL, interview Sashi? See if we could coax Ozzie out of retirement?  Hey Ozzie, want to be the Browns GM? Sorry I'm retired. Does that count as an interview?  

Andrew Berry?

He is VP of Football Operations in Philly.    Would GM be an advance for him....or a lateral move.  In fact, has he not already interviewed with the Browns? 

I think the point is....if they want to bring in the team of McDaniel/Caserio.....and not be forced to consider others...then either they have to give Caserio what is in theory a subordinate title.....or have gone through the Rooney Rule, which would have been satisfied with talking to Berry.

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Andrew Berry?

He is VP of Football Operations in Philly.    Would GM be an advance for him....or a lateral move.  In fact, has he not already interviewed with the Browns? 

I think the point is....if they want to bring in the team of McDaniel/Caserio.....and not be forced to consider others...then either they have to give Caserio what is in theory a subordinate title.....or have gone through the Rooney Rule, which would have been satisfied with talking to Berry.

Thanks Gipper. I totally forgot about Andy. They could certainly interview him- without offering him the position.... I believe interviewing him for GM is considered a promotion.... Question is- if it's McDaniels, would he want him?  

PTI had an interesting segment with Tony Dungy ( 1/10/20) who said he receives calls from (clueless) owners all the time requesting advice on their next coach. He'll ask them what type of coach are they looking for young, old, disciplinarian etc and the reply: "just a good one". His point is that only a few teams are football business teams that have a vision of their coach, for others (like us) it's just the latest trend (Kitchens) until they stumble onto one. Hate them but the Steelers and Ravens are two examples of teams with an overall vision.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

PTI had an interesting segment with Tony Dungy ( 1/10/20) who said he receives calls from (clueless) owners all the time requesting advice on their next coach. He'll ask them what type of coach are they looking for young, old, disciplinarian etc and the reply: "just a good one". His point is that only a few teams are football business teams that have a vision of their coach, for others (like us) it's just the latest trend (Kitchens) until they stumble onto one. Hate them but the Steelers and Ravens are two examples of teams with an overall vision.

If I thought the Browns had a long term plan or vision that they would stick with I would feel a lot better. 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, gumby73 said:

Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed

#1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy   

#2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman   

#3.Eric Bieniemy  (KC OC)  https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy        

#4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh 

#5. Ryan Daboll (Bills OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-ryan-daboll  McCarthy hired in Dallas same day interviewed Daboll (1-6-20)

#6. Jim Schwartz (Philly DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-jim-schwartz  1 day before interview, Rhule to Panthers/ NYG hire J.Judge

#7. Kevin Stefanski (OC Vikings) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-kevin-stefanski 

#8. Josh McDaniels (OC Patriots) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-josh-mcdaniels            

Stefanski later in week, won wildcard game, on to 9'ers Saturday..day pending(Thursday 1-9-20 in Minn.) ..

Josh McDaniel's. loss to Titans Sunday. confirmed for this Friday(as of 1-6-20)>>Friday 1-10-20..Pats. Exit meetings till Weds..was to interview at Panthers Weds 1-8-20..was to interview at NYG Thursday 1-9-20..interviewed at nether due to both teams hiring coaches Tuesday 1-7-20 

And than there were 8 confirmed HC's interviewed for Browns vacancy...Will the final coaching decision come after the Vikings vs 49'ers outcome? Go 49'ers!!    

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

And than there were 8 confirmed HC's interviewed for Browns vacancy...Will the final coaching decision come after the Vikings vs 49'ers outcome? Go 49'ers!!    

Why....unless you like the 49ers...and who here cares about them.....or, if you want Stefanski.  Then I guess he would be free after that game.

Would it surprise anyone if  Haslam pulls this choice straight out of his ass....and goes with like DaBoll or Schwartz?  (and yes, it is my belief that either of them would be straight out of the ass picks)

One condition though if they do hire McDaniels:   NO fucking visors.  Those are for the golf course or a beach.   I would rather see him wear a fedora:

52cae1117df94abf90d3524de11faf9d.jpg

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why....unless you like the 49ers...and who here cares about them.....or, if you want Stefanski.  Then I guess he would be free after that game.

we've wrote a book here about what bad football looks like since 99..but i also know Kyle Shanahan should be in the running for COTY... it's ok in my book...I'll also play fan here, while the insiders in the room hire a coach.. I just want to wake up to more winning Mondays just like the rest of us.. If*** of the spoken 3? yes I'd prefer Stefanski....and it's time to get busy on a staff (Kubiak, Wade Phillips, Phiefer?) & a GM (Peyton Manning;))... (strike up Rocky Top or Rocky Mountain Way? 🎶 we need more wins)

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It explains a hell of a lot, lmao.  Right on London.🤣

How both of your snowflake feelings were hurt so bad on here that both of you stormed off this board telling everyone you quit, but both came back with your tails between your legs? 

21 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

The fact that McDaniel's hire wasn't announced today, makes it unlikely that he's Haslam's choice. Your wife accompanies you if you're expecting an offer

It would be like him to remove his name from the list of candidates tomorrow.