THE BROWNS BOARD

HC/GM/Position Coach tracker

gumby73

5 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Best possible outcome for Browns fans,

...if ya like the idea of McDanials as HC / Czar.    

It DOES clear the way to see if McDaniels will BE the next coach....so there's no waiting around and perhaps missing out on their 2nd choice.

On 1/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, gumby73 said:

Next: I will keep a updated list of Browns interviewees in order of interviewed

#1.Mike McCarthy (open) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-mike-mccarthy   

#2.Greg Roman (Ravens OC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-greg-roman   

#3.Eric Bieniemy  (KC OC)  https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-eric-bieniemy        

#4.Robert Saleh (49'ers DC) https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-robert-saleh   

Daboll Sunday//Stefanski later in week, pend game results..Josh McDaniels loses to Tenn 1-4-20 (projected was 1-10-20)* may move?

bump..^^ here we sit updated through Saturday AFC Wildcard games.. Stefanski team plays Sunday..McDaniels^^ as of the moment & will update... Good Night Cheat-ha Nation!!

• Haha 1

Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache?      None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that.  (I love that non-word - thunk)

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Did ya see how Vrabel used up the clock and pissed off Belleyache?      None of the guys WE'VE had in the last 20 years woulda' thunk of doing that.  (I love that non-word - thunk)

I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis.   There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run.     Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run.  (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD.   If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won.  But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)

Gip, please don't remind me of Northcutt's drop of a perfect 1st down, playoff game winning, pass....against, of all teams, the Steelers.  Now I'm going to bed pissed off again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Gip, please don't remind me of Northcutt's drop of a perfect 1st down, playoff game winning, pass....against, of all teams, the Steelers.  Now I'm going to bed pissed off again.

I prefer to remember Dennis by his given name "Dropcutt"

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I dunno....I think they have thunk of it....I just don't know that they could do it on a regular basis.   There have been some games that the Browns put away with the run.     Of course, we have not been in the position to put away a playoff game with a run.  (Actually, that is not true....ONE more first down in that 2002 playoff game vs. Pitt would have given us the win...but we couldn't run the clock down...and it took a drop by Northcutt to let the Steelers have the ball where they then scored the winning TD.   If they could have blown the SS's out with the run...they could have won.  But a 3rd down pass...didn't work.)

It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?  

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Sorry man.   I am just pointing out that on that potential game winning drive, if the Browns could have run the ball down the Steelers throats they would not have had to have attempted that pass that got dropped. 

Who were our RBs in that game?  I don't think we had Jamal Lewis yet....nor William Green...unless that was his rookie year.  Don't recally. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's been so long... but who would have the Browns played if they had won that playoff game vs the Steelers?  

Jan. 5 – Heinz Field     Jan. 11 – The Coliseum            
  6 Cleveland 33
  3 Pittsburgh 31
  3 Pittsburgh 36     Jan. 19 – Network Associates Coliseum
  2 Tennessee 34*  

AFC
  Jan. 4 – Giants Stadium 2 Tennessee 24
  Jan. 12 – Network Associates Coliseum
    1 Oakland 41  

5 Indianapolis 0 AFC Championship
  4 NY Jets 10
  4 NY Jets 41     Jan. 26 – Qualcomm Stadium
  1 Oakland 30  
  Wild card playoffs  
  Divisional playoffs
  Jan. 5 – Candlestick Park A1 Oakland 21
  Jan. 12 – Raymond James Stadium
    N2 Tampa Bay 48

5 NY Giants 38 Super Bowl XXXVII
  4 San Francisco 6
  4 San Francisco 39     Jan. 19 – Veterans Stadium
  2 Tampa Bay 31  

NFC
  Jan. 4 – Lambeau Field 2 Tampa Bay 27
  Jan. 11 – Veterans Stadium
    1 Philadelphia 10  

6 Atlanta 27 NFC Championship
  6 Atlanta 6
  3 Green Bay 7      
  1 Philadelphia 20  

They would have played the Raiders.  #1 seed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Muffcutt too but not to be mistaken with you know

the man muffed a few punts in his day too

He sure did!!

12 hours ago, Orion said:

...if ya like the idea of McDanials as HC / Czar.    

It DOES clear the way to see if McDaniels will BE the next coach....so there's no waiting around and perhaps missing out on their 2nd choice.

No, I didn't mean that. Once Stefanski and McDaniels are interviewed this week, the interviews will be completed and a decision made. I'm not too keen on McDaniels as I've said before the owners just need to find a winning coach. On paper a lot of people thought Hue was the best candidate at the time, Kitchens was a risk but made sense from a continuity standpoint for Baker and we see how both turned out. The Browns is the Haslam's toy let them figure it out.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Looks like the Raiders... as we would have been lower seed than NYJ who ended up going to OAK.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

No, I didn't mean that. Once Stefanski and McDaniels are interviewed this week, the interviews will be completed and a decision made. I'm not too keen on McDaniels as I've said before the owners just need to find a winning coach. On paper a lot of people thought Hue was the best candidate at the time, Kitchens was a risk but made sense from a continuity standpoint for Baker and we see how both turned out. The Browns is the Haslam's toy let them figure it out.

The decision will be Stephanski. His bio compared to McDaniels is a no-brainer. I hate to see the Vikings win again, but so be it.

And, I'd hope Kris Richard ends up on the staff. DC ?

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The decision will be Stephanski. His bio compared to McDaniels is a no-brainer. I hate to see the Vikings win again, but so be it.

And, I'd hope Kris Richard ends up on the staff. DC ?

Stefanski's  bio  compared to McDs make him a no brainer?  Are you on some kind of Rocky Mountain High?    He has been with the Viking since 2006 (not as OC).   They have made 2 Conf. Championship games in those 13 years.   How many Super Bowls?  None.   McD has had his offense play in 10 conf. championship games and 7 Super Bowls.     McD was a HC for a while...even if it were a failed event (but then  so was BB),  Stefanski was not.   As much as McDs  tenure at Denver didn't work....he did win a playoff game vs. the Spermsuckers with Tim Fucking Tebow at QB.  

I mean, OK, Stefanski has never had the likes of Tom Brady as his QB.  No one except maybe Paul Brown and Bill Walsh have ever had that kind of QB.

Still , I am not getting your thinking there. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Stefanski's  bio  compared to McDs make him a no brainer?  Are you on some kind of Rocky Mountain High?    He has been with the Viking since 2006 (not as OC).   They have made 2 Conf. Championship games in those 13 years.   How many Super Bowls?  None.   McD has had his offense play in 10 conf. championship games and 7 Super Bowls.     McD was a HC for a while...even if it were a failed event (but then  so was BB),  Stefanski was not.   As much as McDs  tenure at Denver didn't work....he did win a playoff game vs. the Spermsuckers with Tim Fucking Tebow at QB.  

I mean, OK, Stefanski has never had the likes of Tom Brady as his QB.  No one except maybe Paul Brown and Bill Walsh have ever had that kind of QB.

Still , I am not getting your thinking there. 

Well, try a bit harder. Stephanski has NEVER FAILED anywhere he's ever been. He has been highly successful.

https://www.vikings.com/team/coaches-roster/kevin-stefanski

Biography

Kevin Stefanski, the longest-tenured coach on the Vikings staff, enters his 14th season in 2019 with the Vikings and 1st as the Offensive Coordinator, a position he held on an interim basis to end the 2018 season. He has coached QBs, TEs and RBs in his tenure with the team and Stefanski served as the QBs Coach in 2017 and 2018 before being elevated to Interim Offensive Coordinator for the final 3 games of 2018.

In his 1st season working with QB Kirk Cousins, the veteran QB had a career year setting season bests in completion percentage (70.1%) and passing TDs (30) and threw the fewest INTs (10) since becoming a full-time starter in 2015. He set the Vikings single-season record with 425 completions, tied the mark for attempts with 606, 2nd-best completion % (70.1), 2nd-most passing yards (4,298) and 4th-highest passer rating (99.7). Cousins reached benchmarks that no other QB in NFL history had under the tutelage of Stefanski, becoming the 1st ever to throw for at least 4,000 yards, at least 30 passing TDs, 10 or fewer INTs and complete at least 70.0% of his passes in a season. In his 1st game as the Interim Offensive Coordinator, Stefanski guided the Vikings offense to a season-high 41 points and 418 yards of offense in a win over Miami. In his 2nd game calling plays, a 27-9 road win at Detroit, which ended the season ranked #10 in NFL defense, Stefanski led the offense to 340 yards of offense and 27 points, giving the Vikings consecutive games of at least 27 points and at least 100 rushing yards for only the 2nd time in a single season in the last 5 seasons for the Vikings.

In 2017 the Vikings won the NFC North, went 13-3, earned the #2 seed in the NFC playoffs and advanced to the NFC Championship Game against eventual Super Bowl LII champion Philadelphia. The Vikings dealt with upheaval at the QB position early in the season and turned a negative into a positive. Vikings QB Sam Bradford had the best game of his career in the 2017 opener vs. New Orleans and earned his 1st career NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors, throwing for 346 yards, 3 TDs and a 143.0 passer rating. Bradford suffered a knee injury vs. New Orleans and went on to play only 1 more game in the regular season as the club turned to backup QB Case Keenum. Keenum entered the season with a 9-15 record in 24 career starts, posting a 58.4% completion mark, a 78.4 passer rating and TD-INT ratio of 24-20 in his career previous to Minnesota. With the Vikings, Keenum went 11-3 notched a 67.6% completion mark, a 98.3 passer rating a TD-INT ratio of 22-7. Keenum was NFC Offensive Player of the Month in November and posted 8 games with a 100+ passer rating to tie for 2nd-most in team history in a season and tied a team record with 10 games on the season without an INT. He had 6 games on the season without being sacked to set a team record and tied a team mark with 3 games during the campaign without a sack or INT. 

In his lone season coaching the RBs in 2016, Stefanski and the Vikings battled injuries along the offensive line and to RB Adrian Peterson that caused the runner to miss 13 games. The running game leaned on veterans Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata as the duo combined for 941 yards and 8 rushing TDs. McKinnon went to his roots and saw time as a WildDawg QB to give the running game a spark and the team found a role for WR Cordarrelle Patterson to get involved in the ground game.

Under Stefanski’s guidance, the TE unit enjoyed a successful 2015 campaign. TE Kyle Rudolph started all 16 games for the second time in his career and finished with a career-high 495 receiving yards. He scored a team-high 5 touchdowns and topped 100-yards receiving in a game (vs. Green Bay, 11/22) for the first time in his career. 

In Stefanski’s 1st year tutoring the TEs in 2014, all 3 of the Vikings top TEs - Rudolph, Rhett Ellison and Chase Ford - caught TDs from Vikings QB Teddy Twatwater on the season. The TE trio averaged 10.6 yards per catch and all 3 were in the starting lineup during the season.

Prior to overseeing the TE group, Stefanski served as the Vikings assistant QBs coach. Injuries led to Stefanski working with 3 different QBs who started at least 1 game during the 2013 season, with both Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder seeing action in 9 games. Cassel led the Vikings to their 1st victory of the season in his 1st start with the club vs. Pittsburgh (9/29/13) in London, England. 

The Vikings 2012 season exceeded outside expectations by going 10-6 and earning a berth in the playoffs as a Wild Card. The team continued to develop throughout the season, and Ponder grew as a signal caller as the season went on. Ponder’s improved play in the final month of the season was a key element of the Vikings going 4-0 down the stretch to earn a playoff spot. Ponder did not throw an INT in the final 3 games and had 8 games during the season without throwing a pick. 

The 2010 Vikings started 3 different QBs, Favre, Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb as the team struggled to find consistency while being riddled by injuries. Webb relieved Favre in the 1st half of the Monday Night Football game vs. Chicago (12/20) and started the final 2 outings, engineering an upset win at NFC East champion Philadelphia. Webb became only the 2nd Vikings QB to win his 1st start as a rookie.

In 2009, Stefanski had a hands-on role in one of the most successful offensive seasons in Vikings history. The team improved dramatically in the passing game and developed new playmakers in prominent roles. Stefanski and the offensive staff helped veteran free agent Favre mesh with the offense despite reporting to the team in mid-August. 

Stefanski spent 2006-08 working directly with Head Coach Brad Childress on administrative duties and special projects. Stefanski first worked with Childress during Eagles training camp in 2005 as part of the team’s operations department. 

Stefanski spent the 2005 season at his alma mater, Pennsylvania, as assistant director of football operations, coordinating all aspects of the Quakers’ day-to-day operations. 

A team captain as a senior in 2004, Stefanski was part of one of the most successful stretches in the history of the Quaker football program. The team won Ivy League titles in 2000, 2002 and 2003, and the squad went undefeated in league play during 2002 and 2003. 

Twice honored as an Honorable Mention All-Ivy choice in 2002 and 2004, he was named Penn’s Defensive Rookie of the Year as a freshman in 2000. During Stefanski’s tenure, the squad posted a 42-7 overall record and a 32-3 mark in Ivy play. As a senior, the Quakers went 10-0 to become the 1st undefeated Penn team in a decade. 

Stefanski holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Pennsylvania and attended St. Joseph’s Prep in Philadelphia. The Stefanski family has made a name in athletics as Kevin’s father, Ed, was a basketball standout at Penn and works in the front office of the Detroit Pistons. He has previously held executive positions with the NBA’s New Jersey Nets, Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Raptors and Memphis Grizzlies.

Stefanski and wife, Michelle, reside in Edina with their children, Will, Gabe and Juliet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDaniels

"McDaniels's tenure with the Broncos was marred early on by a controversy involving an alleged trade offer from the Patriots involving the team's quarterback, Jay Cutler, which would have sent Matt Cassel to Denver. On March 9, 2009, according to ESPN, a conference call involving McDaniels, team owner Pat Bowlen and Cutler failed to resolve the issues. Cutler said he did not trust McDaniels and the organization following the trade controversy.[12] On April 2, 2009, the Broncos traded Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round draft pick to the Chicago Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton, first- and third-round picks in 2009 and a first-round pick in 2010. "

2010 season

McDaniels' second season in Denver ended with a 3–9 record. The Broncos lost to the Kansas City Chiefs on December 5, and on the next day, McDaniels was fired by the Broncos."

Videotaping scandal

"On November 27, The Denver Post reported the Broncos were under investigation from the NFL, after it was reported that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations hired by McDaniels in 2009, videotaped a San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough practice, during the teams' Week 8 game at Wembley Stadium in London, England.[13]"

"The same day, the NFL fined the Broncos and McDaniels $50,000 each, and Scarnecchia was fired as a result of the incident. Scarnecchia told NFL investigators he acted alone and "knew it was wrong" to tape the walkthrough practice, after the rest of the Broncos' staff had left the stadium. Scarnecchia later presented McDaniels with the six-minute video, but McDaniels declined to view it, and it was not shown to any other Broncos staff member, and therefore the NFL determined the Broncos had not gained a competitive advantage from it. An anonymous source alerted the Broncos on November 8, who conducted an internal investigation before alerting the NFL. NFL Security then began its investigation, which included a forensic analysis of the computer from which the recording was later deleted by Scarnecchia.[14] Both the NFL and the Broncos determined that McDaniels knew nothing about the incident.[15]"

"However, the NFL fined McDaniels due to the fact that he did not immediately report the incident to the league office, as required by policy. The NFL also fined the Broncos, as "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."[14]"

"According to The Denver Post, the videotaping incident was a major factor in McDaniels' firing a week later; while the Broncos did not deem it something that merited being fired for cause, they considered his failure to report the incident "unforgivable."[15]"

and after what McDaniels did to the Colts... I wouldn't trust him for nothin.

Stephanski wins bigtime. Has to. No brainer.

McDaniels has been known as an arrogant prick to a serious fault since hs. The only place he's been successful at all,

is with the Patriots. Good for him, except he failed the Brocos miserably, screwed over the Colts unprofessionally, and has ridden the coattails of terrific talent at qb for years in Tom Brady.

McDaniels was such a turd, his OWN AGENT FIRED HIM.

I said it was a no-brainer for good reason, imho.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-mcdaniels-reportedly-gets-fired-by-his-agent-hours-after-spurning-colts/

image.gif.cb5d0b0b2b3d4e1d2ebf8fa4974383b4.gifHis offenses have  played in exactly  -0-  Super Bowls.   

You say he has never failed.....nor has he ever succeeded....except to get you to copy and paste his resume..

Sometimes failure leads to success.   After that Denver "failure"....he has had an offense lead by him to 6 Super Bowls. 

Can you imagine what the canned resume on the Pats site for McD must read like? 

COACHING

Josh McDaniels was named New England Patriots offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach for the 2012 season after he re-joined the Patriots coaching staff in January 2012 as an offensive assistant. The 2019 season will be McDaniels’ 16th season with the Patriots overall and his 11th as the team’s offensive coordinator.

In 10 seasons as offensive coordinator, McDaniels has guided the offense to eight top-10 rankings, including the NFL’s No. 1 ranked offense in 2007, 2012 and 2017. Additionally, Tom Brady has been elected to the Pro Bowl eight times and eclipsed 4,000 yards passing for the 10th time in 2018 en route to the team’s sixth Super Bowl Championship.

In 2016 under McDaniels’ guidance, Patriots quarterbacks set NFL records by starting the season with 258 pass attempts without an interception. They threw just two interceptions overall and notched the best touchdown to interception ratio (16.00) in a single season. McDaniels also earned his fifth Super Bowl ring as a coach in 2016, his second as the Patriots offensive coordinator.

McDaniels left the Patriots to become the head coach of Denver in 2009 and in 2011, McDaniels moved on to St. Louis to become the offensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams. Under McDaniels’ guidance that season, Rams RB Steven Jackson eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark for the seventh consecutive season despite running behind an offensive line that started eight different combinations over the course of the season.

McDaniels spent the 2009-10 seasons as the head coach of the Denver Broncos after serving as an assistant with the Patriots from 2001-08. In his first stint with New England, McDaniels played a key role on a staff that won three Super Bowl titles and four AFC championships.

He first joined the Patriots organization as a personnel assistant on the 2001 team that defeated the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI, served as a defensive assistant on the 2003 club that won Super Bowl XXXVIII and was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2004, a season that culminated with a victory over the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX.

In addition to his role with Patriots quarterbacks, McDaniels added the title of offensive coordinator in 2006. In his second season as New England’s offensive play caller in 2007, McDaniels oversaw a unit that broke several NFL records, including points scored, touchdowns scored and most players scoring a touchdown. 

Under McDaniels’ tutelage, 2007 NFL MVP Tom Brady broke the NFL record for touchdown passes in a season (50) and led the league in both passing yards (4,806) and passer rating (117.2). Brady also set franchise marks in nearly every major passing category, while WR Wes Welker set the franchise record for receptions in a season (112) and WR Randy Moss broke the NFL record for touchdown receptions with 23. The Patriots offense also posted the franchise’s highest average yards per rush in 22 seasons with 4.1 yards per carry, and the team’s 17 rushing touchdowns were the second highest total in the previous 20 years.

During McDaniels’ first season in Denver, QB Kyle Orton set career-highs for pass attempts, completions, passing yards, touchdown passes and passer rating while tying his career low for interceptions. Orton’s 3,802 yards were the sixth-highest for a season in Broncos history. In 2010, the Broncos ranked seventh in the NFL in passing yards per game and finished 13th in total yards per game. WR Brandon Lloyd led the NFL in receiving yards with 1,448 and finished second in the AFC with 11 touchdown catches en route to his first Pro Bowl invitation.

Entering 2019, Brady has been elected to 10 Pro Bowls during his 11 seasons with McDaniels serving as his position coach. After Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury in the 2008 regular-season opener, another McDaniels protégé, Matt Cassel, led the club to a 10-5 record as a starter. In his first season as an NFL starter, Cassel posted the fourth-best completion percentage in Patriots history (63.4) while passing for 3,693 yards with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Prior to joining Bill Belichick’s staff, McDaniels spent one season as a graduate assistant under Nick Saban at Michigan State.

PLAYING

McDaniels attended John Carroll University, where he played quarterback and wide receiver for the Blue Streaks from 1995-98. McDaniels was a college teammate of former NFL linebacker London Fletcher, Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski and director of pro personnel Dave Ziegler.

PERSONAL

A native of Canton, Ohio, McDaniels is the son of one of the most well-respected high school coaches in the country. Thom McDaniels was a finalist for the NFL High School Coach of the Year award in 2012, and Josh benefitted from growing up in a football family.

Josh and his wife, Laura, have four children.

image.gif.6885ef6eb23c30d91ed9b2cc76b505f4.gif

image.gif.5d512b16f6dd9727c0258e11666780e0.gif

image.gif.f82405e0f3eadedbf94ef301ced4ccde.gif

image.gif.6ab45b3db0c98008c8aedf1077083e19.gif

image.gif.9775308cc876e7d3f0122e7965630cae.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

and I suppose the defense didn't have anything to do with the Patriots' superbowls?

not buyin it. McDaniels' lack of character stands out in his resume.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915131/article/josh-mcdaniels-withdraws-from-colts-coaching-job

MKC has a long song & dance story at cleveland.com, but once again, it's all on "a source".. In Short..

Brian Daboll..has to complete exit interviews & meetings with Bills. And will likely meet with Browns now this Tuesday or Wednesday.. per a source

You would imagine that Josh McDaniels would be in that same boat?  But alas, MKC's source has her typing Josh McDaniels "Might happen Monday"

stay tuned!! or freely check out (fishing stories?) at cleveland.com 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and I suppose the defense didn't have anything to do with the Patriots' superbowls?

not buyin it. McDaniels' lack of character stands out in his resume.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915131/article/josh-mcdaniels-withdraws-from-colts-coaching-job

Well, look, someone else said it.....lack of character should never be a factor when it comes to your support of someone. 

Rapsheet reporting Stepanski can still interview this coming week..Just cannot be hired till out of Playoffs

Multi reports-- Says Daboll will now travel to Cleveland to be interviewed.. dates on both still pending 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Brian Daboll..has to complete exit interviews & meetings with Bills. And will likely meet with Browns now this Tuesday or Wednesda

Not for nuthin' but that guy put Josh Allen in very difficult situations all game long.  He left the backfield empty Sooooo many times on pass plays.  Allen had no extra help blocking or safety valve receiver.  I didn't like his play calling.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

... that guy put Josh Allen in very difficult situations all game long.

Yup... asked him to play QB... 😮

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Multi reports-- Says Daboll will now travel to Cleveland to be interviewed.. dates on both still pending 

See what ya all have done;)..  MKC per source at 6:04 PM has Ryan Daboll in Cleveland MONDAY to interview for vacant head coaching job...

No further update on McDaniel's nor Stepanski but should happen sometime this week..  (Stepanski? I'd lean, better things to do before traveling to Bay for a Saturday kickoff) 

It's funny to see how we have our particular playoffs in January.

Only difference is that the prize is not a ring but a coach that will create some delusional hopes only to fail miserably.