THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL PLayoffs

Zombo

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Downed at the 1. Wow. 

Why not to the intentional safety?

gotta onside kick anyway

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

And we took fucking Coleman and Ogbah with Henry still waiting for a call. Fucking Browns!👎

Running back is about the least of our concerns at the moment.  

Be more upset that we took Coleman over Michael Thomas.    THAT is unforgivable. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Be more upset that we took Coleman over Michael Thomas.    THAT is unforgivable. 

When you have a back like that who can keep the other team's offense cooling their heels on the bench, then he's worth his 250 lbs. in gold. Nah, give me the big RB any day.

When you have a back like that who can keep the other team,s offense cooling their heels on the bench, then he's worth his 250 lbs. in gold. Nah, give me the big RB any day.

Chubb at 225 is plenty big enough.  Like I said, if you're going to be mad about misses in that 16' draft, I can think of half dozen that would help this current team well more than Henry.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

But, in truth  I think WR is like 2d least of our concerns.   

OL, DL, LB, DBs are all more concerns.  We took fucking Justin Gilbert ahead of Aaron Donald.  

But that was a different draft.....we also took Corey Coleman over Will Fuller..   We traded out that year when we could have taken Joey Bosa or Ezekiel Elliott of Carson Wentz

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Chubb at 225 is plenty big enough.  Like I said, if you're going to be mad about misses in that 16' draft, I can think of half dozen that would help this current team well more than Henry.

We would not be where we are now with an anemic redzone offense had we taken him. Sorry but Chubb is not as good near the goal line as Henry. Nobody is.

We would not be where we are now with an anemic redzone offense had we taken him. Sorry but Chubb is not as good near the goal line as Henry. Nobody is.

If you think Henry would be the sole fix for our redzone woes, and that our coaches and personnel do not present larger issues, then I've got some bridges listed for sale that I'll link your way.   

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think, actually, that no, he is not that good at  redzone.   His upright style makes him a bigger target.   But he has good blocking and a committed coach.

He does not have a guy calling for double reverses from the 2 yard line.   Plus, 3/5ths of our OL were just not up to par. Out of say....20 plays run by this team inside the 2-3 yard line, maybe they ran 2-3 behind Bito and Tretter. 

And, if I recall, didn't the Tits also use a fullback?

RB shelf life is 4y.. either lineman is 8.  Good lineman over good back hands down -- lineman has an impact on every play.

Of all the 22 starters we could be talking about, you're asserting weaknesses in.. Chubb? Um, no.  He is the core of the team.

Also, Chubb is far more elusive than Henry-- Chubb is akin to Dobbins; Henry is more Eddie George.

Well, I split my games today.    I said DATs would win by 3....and that was exactly right.   I said that TB wouldn't lose this game....that the Pats would win by 10.    No go on that one..though I think that was a reasonable prediction.    But, I certainly don't mind....my rooting interest was with the Tits. 

I note that Z had the same result as I did. 

Manana.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I said that TB wouldn't lose this game....that the Pats would win by 10

I had a feeling the Pats were going to lose this game. There offense was never the same after Gronkowski retired. Some of the guys on the post game show saying they were missing an outside threat at WR but you just can't replace what Gronkowski did for them. Excellent blocker and could line him up anywhere for a mismatch. Edelman is the only weapon they have now.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think, actually, that no, he is not that good at  redzone.   His upright style makes him a bigger target.   But he has good blocking and a committed coach.

He does not have a guy calling for double reverses from the 2 yard line.   Plus, 3/5ths of our OL were just not up to par. Out of say....20 plays run by this team inside the 2-3 yard line, maybe they ran 2-3 behind Bito and Tretter. 

And, if I recall, didn't the Tits also use a fullback?

You were not paying attention to how he runs. That upright style lasts until he is about to take the first solid hit and then he leans in and plows through all tacklers. Review any game you wish and that is what you see. I say solid hit because he is very good at making people tackle phantoms with their arms which he runs right through as if they don't even exist. Plus he often puts them in the turf with one of the best stiffarms football has ever seen. 

Now would that have cured stupid coach calls? No. But he certainly could have changed the play call with his ability to find the creases and changes of direction. That's what he does that is so different. His vision is without question just superb. Go back and look at how he ran that 53 yd TD last week and you can see him do a jumpcut from left to right and then run through arms to open ground. The playcall was left and his vision told him the crease to get through was right once he was into the LOS.

And back when we had the chance to take him we had a better OL than we do now because of stupid trades and cuts since that time. What can I say. We failed to draft the right guy even if we waited until the Ogbah pick in the 2nd. Browns drafting has been just plain laughable. You can't evaluate his value as our OL stands now, only what we had when he was available. And when he was there it was far better overall than it is now. Keep it in proper context and reexamine in that light.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Or one of the craziest touchdown passes I've ever seen... 

I still feel bad for Williams on that.  One of the more underrated DB's in the NFL and was hoping the Brownies would invest in him.       Kid might never live that play down unless he wins a SB.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I still feel bad for Williams on that.  One of the more underrated DB's in the NFL and was hoping the Brownies would invest in him.       Kid might never live that play down unless he wins a SB.

I'm still baffled by what his thinking was on that play... total brain fart. 

12 hours ago, Neo said:

I had a feeling the Pats were going to lose this game. There offense was never the same after Gronkowski retired. Some of the guys on the post game show saying they were missing an outside threat at WR but you just can't replace what Gronkowski did for them. Excellent blocker and could line him up anywhere for a mismatch. Edelman is the only weapon they have now.

Well, they lost not only Gronkowski....but then as the year went on they lost  Gordon, and they lost A. Brown.    They were 8-0 at one point with the likes of those guys....but, now, really  4-5 without them.

Maybe the Defense Department could sign them on:  The Patriot Disruptor Missiles. 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You were not paying attention to how he runs. That upright style lasts until he is about to take the first solid hit and then he leans in and plows through all tacklers.

Except he did not do that on the long run.  He could have scored if he had done just what you say...but he didn't do that.  He did get in on like the next play from the one. 

So....the Vikings are running the ass off the Saints on this first Qtr. drive and they are in FG range....    and Stefanski  calls a double reverse pass by a WR who has maybe thrown 1 pass in his NFL career.......and it loses yardage that takes them out of FG range.   Only a decent pass on 3rd down got them back in range.

So....with plays like that....why would we want to get rid of Freddie?   

I know, one call does not take him out of consideration....but it was a massive head scratcher.