THE BROWNS BOARD

The 'Who you watching?' 2020 thread.

The Gipper

10 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Would love to get Burrow.  There's just something cool about an Ohio kid playing for the Browns. 

There's nothing this season that inspires any confidence in Baker being The Guy. 

With the talent on that side of the ball, there's just no way he should be this much worse.  It's very disappointing 

Bernie II ? Yeah that would be kinda cool.....but Baker does have potentially even greater talent to show on the field.

Besides the BROWNS won't be able to draft him anyway.  We may be facing him for YEARS.

45 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Would love to get Burrow.  There's just something cool about an Ohio kid playing for the Browns. 

There's nothing this season that inspires any confidence in Baker being The Guy. 

With the talent on that side of the ball, there's just no way he should be this much worse.  It's very disappointing 

Overreaction.

well, so far, and I know it's ridiculous to do an entire mock draft, here is what I'm kinda coming up with.

Just a preliminary look-see and guessing at the first three rounds.

Browns
first round pick - about the 15th?
Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson, 6'3", 230 lbs,4.37

Think a blazing faster, just as instinctive Schobert. He is an ***outstanding*** tackler.  He can actually play safety and be a star. Not sure about Redwine as a starter. He can gain some weight, and become a ray lewis type lb.  Lewis was 6'1", 240.

second round pick
Josh Jones, LT, Houston, 6'7", 320 lbs

A lot of talk about him going in the first round. But it's a deep deep draft for tackles, so I can cheat. He can step in at LT by the season opener.

third round picks:
Marcus Norman, ROT, South Florida, 6'6", 316 lbs

Hubbard is just ok at best some of the time. But I really like this kid. A lot of fine OT's make this possible?

Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin, 6'5", 250 lbs ...

can run a 4.65 maybe, but is a big pass catcher, willing blocker, and

loves the game. Gets open for several catches in big games when their wr's couldn't do much. Maybe Njoku is traded...something is up with that.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, tiamat63 said:

Before a couple hours ago, I hadn't gone back to watch a game of Joe's with fresh eyes... but it's hard to not love what you see from him.   LOVE.   Well beyond more so than what many did with Baker pre-draft.     JB's work pre-snap, even with something simple like a dummy count to see who declares, is more advanced than where Baker showed in college.    (And at times, shows now)

Hard to not be impressed by a great deal of his tape.            So to answer your question, were a team to offer me a 1st for Baker and I was Dorsey in a position to nab Burrow?  Yes, I'd pull that trigger.

Baker and a couple firsts for Joe? Sure, because that's what it would take. However, we're not making that deal with the Bengals. And I already have a bet with Gipper that Burrow is the lock #1 pick to Bungledom.  

On 12/15/2019 at 9:37 PM, Unsympathetic said:

First round has to be OT.  Seriously, stop messing around.  14 is a good spot for one of Wirfs / Wills / Jackson.  Yes, I'm assuming we win the coin flip w Carolina. I'm not sold on the Louisville guy.

Second round has to be LB/S if Randall or Schobert walks.

We have Titans' 3rd in addition to ours because Duke Johnson is good [who knew?] so we'd have 14 and something in the 20's.. LB/S/DL.

Just checked, Wirfs isn't expected to declare.  😞

Personally hoping for an Andrew Thomas bong rip video to surface.

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, so far, and I know it's ridiculous to do an entire mock draft, here is what I'm kinda coming up with.

Just a preliminary look-see and guessing at the first three rounds.

Browns

Think a blazing faster, just as instinctive Schobert. He is an ***outstanding*** tackler.  He can actually play safety and be a star. Not sure about Redwine as a starter. He can gain some weight, and become a ray lewis type lb.  Lewis was 6'1", 240.

second round pick

A lot of talk about him going in the first round. But it's a deep deep draft for tackles, so I can cheat. He can step in at LT by the season opener.

third round picks:
Marcus Norman, ROT, South Florida, 6'6", 316 lbs

Hubbard is just ok at best some of the time. But I really like this kid. A lot of fine OT's make this possible?

Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin, 6'5", 250 lbs ...

can run a 4.65 maybe, but is a big pass catcher, willing blocker, and

loves the game. Gets open for several catches in big games when their wr's couldn't do much. Maybe Njoku is traded...something is up with that.

Even though you have him as only a 3rd round pick,  I don't think TE is that high of a priority for us.   The first 3 you mention:  an killer LB and a couple of OTs sound good. I would probably go defense again with that 2d  3rd rounder.

• Upvote 1

The BROWNS do need defensive and OL help plus when will they know if "dumb dumb" Garrett will be back?

The BROWNS need all the help they can get to resume their quest for the AFCN dominance we thought they were building.

OuijaZilla.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The BROWNS do need defensive and OL help plus when will they know if "dumb dumb" Garrett will be back?

The BROWNS need all the help they can get to resume their quest for the AFCN dominance we thought they were building.

OuijaZilla.jpg

god i would love to have that young kid from osu instead of the moronic garrett.....me thinks he is going to get a 10 game suspension to start next season bringing the total to a yr....which i think if it does happen, he got off the hook....

On 12/16/2019 at 12:31 AM, Tour2ma said:

How many picks do you think we have, Dutch???

We have:

• One 1st
  • One 2nd
  • Two 3rds (*corrected)
  • One 4th (*corrected)
  • One 6th, and
  • Two 7ths

Thru today's games we set up to pick 14th.

As for when to start the draft talk... it's after underclassmen declare.

Right now this OL class is pretty thin... especially at OT... but after a dose of Juniors it looks a lot better.... at least two, 1st-round-quality LTs better.... and one is even named Thomas.

Not a good year to draft OTs. But they have to. And right now, they don't seem overly interested in resigning Schobert, so LB will definitely be drafted, and a S. I'd say two OTs, LB, S, an OG later. TE. Njoku can't stay healthy, all he still has is "potential."

59 minutes ago, browns52 said:

god i would love to have that young kid from osu instead of the moronic garrett.....me thinks he is going to get a 10 game suspension to start next season bringing the total to a yr....which i think if it does happen, he got off the hook....

That's a massive loss of $. Plus, his value to be in ads is null and void for at least 1 year. This stunt will cost him millions. 

Call me curiously intrigued 🤔.. So I only caught the Buffalo vs Charlotte Bowl game yesterday.. Khalil Mack's younger brother Ledarius is a redshirt senior also playing at Buffalo. LB/ST/DE so he got my attention as a plug in pass rusher..Ledarius has no invite to Senior Bowl nor even the Shrine Bowl yet... Can a redshirt Senior transfer, get a invite or does Ledarius have to declare first?  

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Call me curiously intrigued 🤔.. So I only caught the Buffalo vs Charlotte Bowl game yesterday.. Khalil Mack's younger brother Ledarius is a redshirt senior also playing at Buffalo. LB/ST/DE so he got my attention as a plug in pass rusher..Ledarius has no invite to Senior Bowl nor even the Shrine Bowl yet... Can a redshirt Senior transfer, get a invite or does Ledarius have to declare first?  

Just because a guy is good does not mean that his brother will be just as good.   Obviously it can happen  (see:  Bosa).  Do you have any scouting report on this guy besides "he is Khalil's brother"?

One Early Mock Draft:

CIN
6'4"
216 lbs
MIA
6'1"
218 lbs
WSH
6'5"
320 lbs
ARI
6'1"
192 lbs
NYJ
6'2"
189 lbs
JAX
6'5"
320 lbs
LAC
6'6"
231 lbs
DEN
6'5"
325 lbs
CAR
6'3"
203 lbs
ATL
6'5"
277 lbs
OAK
6'0"
183 lbs
IND
6'4"
230 lbs
PHI
5'10"
199 lbs
OAKchi.png
6'3"
233 lbs
TEN
6'4"
200 lbs
JAXlar.png
6'2"
195 lbs
DAL
6'1"
196 lbs
MIN
6'1"
192 lbs
KC
6'3"
319 lbs
GB
6'7"
309 lbs
SF
6'1"
189 lbs
NE
6'5"
320 lbs
SEA
6'6"
310 lbs
BAL
6'4"
238 lbs

On 12/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, calfoxwc said:

Browns

second round pick

I like both players... a lot. Simmons looks like a top ten cinch to me and Jones a late 1st... maybe a bit higher if he goes off at The Combine. He's a 4-year starter, but played in a OT friendly, quick-pass scheme, so his tech is under-developed.

I don't think either falls to us where we will be sitting in those first two rounds, but could get within shouting distance... just depends how loud you are willing to shout. Problem is we can't shout at every player we like... such is life on the middle of rounds.

An alternative... assuming no one falls to us we like... is to trade down in the 1st where Josh might be a value pick as well as a need.

• Upvote 1

From Walter football......

brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville Louisville_logo.gif
Perhaps the Browns will think twice about entering the season with Greg Robinson as their left tackle. They desperately need help on the offensive line.

At 6-7, 340, Mekhi Becton is a massive human being. Despite his size, however, Becton is athletic and flexible.

And the neighbourhood the BROWNS might be in.....

Screenshot_2019-12-21_202022.jpg

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Mekaleka Hiney-who?

image.thumb.png.f42e39f7e0fb5977980f2d569404ad52.png

Pretty sad 40 time...

OUCH. You can bet he will lose some weight and better THAT time. Actually, I really, really like Becton. He's a very big smart kid, loves  the game, physical, far quicker feet that you'd think he'd have at 355/369 ? lbs. He's a leader... and some mocks have him in the first round...2nd and third rounds. I would think he's more a guard, in the pros...at RT? I think he may be a huge steal at ROG for the Browns. I thought he'd slide to the 4th or 5th, but it seems his stock is rising.

Well.....now it IS official.....Browns eliminated.    So, here for now is the order for the top half of the draft:

2020 NFL Draft Order

PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS

STREAK

1 1-14 .067 -- .561 Lost 3

2 3-12 .200 2.0 .500 Lost 3

3 3-11-1 .233 2.5 .507 Lost 8

4 4-11 .267 3.0 .470 Won 2

5 4-11 .267 3.0 .492 Won 1

6 4-9-1 .321 4.0 .536 Won 1

7 5-10 .333 4.0 .481 Lost 1

8 5-10 .333 4.0 .509 Lost 2

9 5-10 .333 4.0 .546 Lost 7

10 6-9 .400 5.0 .475 Won 1

11 6-9 .400 5.0 .517 Won 1

12 6-9 .400 5.0 .527 Lost 2

13 6-9 .400 5.0 .553 Won 3

14 7-8 .467 6.0 .470 Won 1

15 7-8 .467 6.0 .485 Won 1

16 7-8 .467 6.0 .500 Lost 1

21 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

OUCH. You can bet he will lose some weight and better THAT time

Quite possibly... but to be clear... it's not the 40 time per se that bothers me, it's the 10-yd split that may be at the root of it.

59 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Alex Leatherwood 

One OT option that does not excite me, but that I have only looked at in game broadcasts.

Anybody else notice how much better Greg Robinson is playing after being benched? He's no world-beater, but he had yet another solid game against the Ravens. LTs are difficult to come by, so I'm thinking we try and keep him another year. 

Now, RT is another story. Hubbard will likely be the first guy left at the door. What's another hole? Linebacker? Safety? I think we can get these positions nailed in the first 3 rounds, plus another guard because we get an extra 3rd rounder from Duke trade. With our first 4 picks I want a RT, safety, linebacker, and guard. Make it happen. 

I suppose at some point a list of Browns Free Agents should be made so that we know a couple of things:  

A. likelihood of losing those guys   (can we lose them despite really wanting to keep them?)

B.advisability of letting them walk    (can we do better than what we have with them?)

C. What kind of hole the loss of those players  would give us, so as to determine whether or not to replace them via other FAs or the draft.

Does anyone know the identity of those players? 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-browns/    Hunt-RFA / Randall/Schobert/Robinson-Unrestricted... we all wear brown & orange, but we certainly won't matter;) nor will some of these guys..Browns will control the rights to RFA* or ERFA* by matching team offers.. We also need a clearer picture of who's coaching this team..Hopefully, without Steve Wilks coaching his flag football non-tackling and coverage systems.. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I suppose at some point a list of Browns Free Agents should be made so that we know a couple of things:  

A. likelihood of losing those guys   (can we lose them despite really wanting to keep them?)

B.advisability of letting them walk    (can we do better than what we have with them?)

C. What kind of hole the loss of those players  would give us, so as to determine whether or not to replace them via other FAs or the draft.

A. Hunt should be retainable. Scho is gonna get paid.  The others have probably played themselves (negatively) out of town 

B.  Hunt actually seems to want to be here and plays hard each week and has talent.  Check Check and Check.  If we want a run stuffing thumper I think we can let Scho walk.  If Randall has truly played himself out of big contract and into a marginal starting  player type salary - maybe we keep.  

C.  I can make the argument that safety is the biggest need on this team.  LT and RT equally big.  I think we will see a Tackle somewhere in the first in our range that will be good value.  Lots of good value at 10-20. I think I’d combo both positions in free agency and high in the draft.  We need a reliable TE too

• Upvote 1