THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam's Show Now

AP1

30 minutes ago, ATOM said:

hell look what he did with flying j Hell he almost went to prison and sold the company after paying how much in fines ? and others taking the fall for him Dude is a fucking brainless crook

The people he hired to run his flying jackoff business we’re crooks, no doubt. But did jimmy make out on it? I don’t think he’s a crook. Brainless and inbred, yes. Clueless and heartless, yes. Maybe  he thinks it’s payback for the Civil war. But when it comes to shit shows, he’s the undisputed king

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The people he hired to run his flying jackoff business we’re crooks, no doubt. But did jimmy make out on it? I don’t think he’s a crook. Brainless and inbred, yes. Clueless and heartless, yes. Maybe  he thinks it’s payback for the Civil war. But when it comes to shit shows, he’s the undisputed king

If you read about the whole story it's amazing. How can you be in charge of a business that's fined $92M in penalties and $85M in civil penalties and not know or be responsible for any of it?    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/4/2/17182368/pilot-flying-j-fraud-scandal-update-jimmy-haslam-cleveland-browns

Who knows how long the NFL will let him keep the team..... I just hope that he doesn't sell/move it.  I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

......you mean have a guy pay him a 'visit' and break all of his fingers?

Ummm, settling out of court.  

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

July 2013, just for the hell of it.....   https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1690767-what-does-it-take-to-be-the-owner-of-an-nfl-franchise

As hobbies go, there aren't many more expensive than owning an NFL team.

Of course, for some owners, it's much more than a hobby. Some teams have been in the hands of the same family for decades, purchased many years ago for amounts so paltry that it makes their current value all the more staggering.

However, for owners that purchased their teams more recently, such as Jimmy Haslam of the Cleveland Browns, the investment is enormous.

That made it all the more surprising last week when The Wall Street Journal (via Terry Pluto of The Plain Dealer) reported that Haslam's Pilot Flying J company, which operates gas stations and truck stops across America, has a staggering $4 billion in debt.   Wait, what?

How does a guy whose company has $4 billion in debt afford an NFL team? What exactly does it take to own an NFL team?

Well, to start with, it takes somewhere between 100 bucks and over a billion dollars, depending on when you bought the team.

As the chart above demonstrates, if you're one of the NFL's "new school" owners, such as Haslam or Stephen Ross of the Miami Dolphins, you're going to be writing an enormous check if you want to own an NFL team.

In fact, the $700 million that was the "first payment" made by Haslam is part of the problem at Pilot Flying J, according to The Wall Street Journal: ........ CONTINUED IN THE LINK.......

Uhm.....I understood that  Pilot/Flying J was sold by Haslam to Warren Buffett.  Perhaps a big chunk of that 4 billion is what is owed to Haslam for by purchase of the company. 

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm.....I understood that  Pilot/Flying J was sold by Haslam to Warren Buffett.  Perhaps a big chunk of that 4 billion is what is owed to Haslam for by purchase of the company. 

That article was in 2013.

October 2017. Fortune https://fortune.com/2017/10/03/warren-buffett-pilot-flying-j

Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has agreed to purchase a stake in Pilot Travel Centers, the owners of the Pilot Flying J chain of truck stops, and become the majority owner over a six-year period. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“Pilot Flying J is built on a longstanding tradition of excellence and an unrivaled commitment to serving North America’s drivers,” Buffett said in a release. “Jimmy Haslam and his team have created an industry leader and a key enabler of the nation’s economy. The company has a smart growth strategy in place and we look forward to a partnership that supports the trucking industry for years to come.”.........continued......

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

According to Rappaport, DePodesta is now the lead man in the head coaching search.

Stefanski might be in the lead, now. 

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On 12/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, mjp28 said:

If you read about the whole story it's amazing. How can you be in charge of a business that's fined $92M in penalties and $85M in civil penalties and not know or be responsible for any of it?    https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/4/2/17182368/pilot-flying-j-fraud-scandal-update-jimmy-haslam-cleveland-browns

Who knows how long the NFL will let him keep the team..... I just hope that he doesn't sell/move it.  I don't know.

He could sell any time, but he can't move the Browns until the lease is up. And WHERE would he be able to move to? It would cost a new state of the art stadium, so rule out San Diego and Oakland, and St. Louis isn't interested.

17 hours ago, ATOM said:

The King damnit

Oh yes Cleveland and Cleveland fans everywhere owe LBJ, the King a big thanks or their last Championship won would still be 1964 !

GO LeBron, the Cavaliers are a last place team without you.