THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey —————- GONE

Kvoethe

Not again. What a mess. I guess I won't be keen on following the offseason this year. 

It's almost like they want us to hate on the Browns. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

RE: Baker, it could have- and it was opined elsewhere canning Zampeze might factor into Mayfield's regression, and another reason Dorsey was asked to take a reduced role. For sure, Mayfield has to realize doing those Progressive commercials was a big mistake. He's a far cry from Aaron Rodgers and State Farm. Year three will tell if we have a one year Anderson flash in the pan QB- or the real deal John.  I'll hope for the best, the talent is there- but not the consistency. Those TD passes against the Bengals to Landry and OBJ were as good as it gets.  

I hope you're right?

Ironically, I was in FL with my family and we were watching football with my brother-in-law - a huge Packers' fan.  After watching the Baker-in-the-bathroom State Farm ad, my brother -in-law asked me, "why is a mediocre QB' getting these State Farm ads.....................just a reference to your earlier comment on how things look on the 'outside'

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Not again. What a mess. I guess I won't be keen on following the offseason this year. 

It's almost like they want us to hate on the Browns. 

I'd love to smuggle in a huge "Haslams: SELL THE BROWNS" banner and walk it around the stadium during a game next year, just to see how long before security busts ass to take it away. 

Where in the stadium is their box? 

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd love to smuggle in a huge "Haslams: SELL THE BROWNS" banner and walk it around the stadium during a game next year, just to see how long before security busts ass to take it away. 

Where in the stadium is their box? 

Maybe that would get you permanently banned from the stadium. 

Also, maybe you get that going for you. 

Sad.

Happy New Year everyone, stuff like this makes me relativize the importance of things: hope all of you have a great 2020 in your personal and work life ;) ... Since we might be screwed in sports, lol. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Nero said:

Happy New Year everyone, stuff like this makes me relativize the importance of things: hope all of you have a great 2020 in your personal and work life ;) ... Since we might be screwed in sports, lol. 

Happy New Year in Spain for you too Nero. And I will enjoy my work life of leaf mulching/bagging, house cleaning and meal making. I think actual work was easier.🤠

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

This Franchise is a complete an utter dumpster fire. 5-11 incoming.

I actually think they might settle down and be better with no "SUPER BOWL OR BUST" pressure on them plus their easier 2020 schedule 8-8 might be easy.  :lol:

Really now I'm picking the 2020 final record.  :lol:

• 4 months later...

Fun thread to revisit...

From all the early "gonna be McDaniels" and "gonna be McCarthy" proclamations to Dutch taking yet another unsubstantiated shot at Sashi (Joe Banner set him up with picks and cap room... despite two intervening years of Farmer, who in his last draft made 14 picks of which only one was in rounds 6 and 7).

Anywho... reason I dug up the thread was MKC's latest column led me to stumble across an old KC Star article that included all the official statements at the time trying to paint Dorsey's departure as "mutually decided."

Getting a shot in at Dutch was just a perk... ;)

I still think the parting played out more like this:

Jimmah: We don't want you here.

Johnny: OK, I'll leave.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article238866988.html

Anyone still missing Dorsey?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Fun thread to revisit...

From all the early "gonna be McDaniels" and "gonna be McCarthy" proclamations to Dutch taking yet another unsubstantiated shot at Sashi (Joe Banner set him up with picks and cap room... despite two intervening years of Farmer, who in his last draft made 14 picks of which only one was in rounds 6 and 7).

Anywho... reason I dug up the thread was stumbled across an old KC Star article with all the official statements at the time trying to paint Dorsey's departure as "mutually decided."

I think it played out more like this:

Jimmah: We don't want you here.

Johnny: OK, I'll leave.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article238866988.html

I was wondering why this thread of all threads was being dug up... then I saw who the last person in the thread is... 

I say it is too early to tell.  I mean, if the guys that Berry has picked all turn out to be stiffs the way a lot of Sashi's picks were, then yea, we might be missing him. 

Well, I guess he did take Garrett.  No brainer there.   But, Coleman, and Coleman, and Ogbah, Peppers, Njoku (still questionable). etc. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was wondering why this thread of all threads was being dug up... then I saw who the last person in the thread is... 

Hey... it's slow season... although NASCAR and Golf (sorta) are back!

As for "holes"... I wasn't the one touting Bannon. 😛

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey... it's slow season... although NASCAR and Golf (sorta) are back!

As for "holes"... I wasn't the one touting Bannon. 😛

No, I think it's because you have this weird-ass obsession about me not buying into the "Nerd Herd" that you love with all your heart. 

I mean, you literally brought this topic out of the deepest of left fields for reasons only known to you. 

26 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No, I think it's because you have this weird-ass obsession about me not buying into the "Nerd Herd" that you love with all your heart. 

I mean, you literally brought this topic out of the deepest of left fields for reasons only known to you. 

At this point, for sure.    The point in time that this would be a legitimate item of discussion would be in a couple of years, after we have had time to know how  Berry has done with his picks.

Though perhaps the way to morph this into a currently relevant topic of discussion is to say:

Compare and contrast the records of  Sashi Brown and John Dorsey.   There might be some meat on those bones at this point.

So go at that if you will. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I say it is too early to tell.  I mean, if the guys that Berry has picked all turn out to be stiffs the way a lot of Sashi's picks were, then yea, we might be missing him. 

Well, I guess he did take Garrett.  No brainer there.   But, Coleman, and Coleman, and Ogbah, Peppers, Njoku (still questionable). etc. 

Like Corbett and some of the others are studding out.  Even Hospital Ward is a disappointment if he always sees stars and how cobweb in his head.

Dorsey had a lot of picks.  I am still hopeful Baker works out.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Odd thing to say since I stated how diggin it up came to be in my first new post.

As for tweaking your Sashi beak.... let's just say I have fun doing it. At least as much fun as you have taking the other side.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out... :)

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Odd thing to say since I stated how diggin it up came to be in my first new post.

As for tweaking your Sashi beak.... let's just say I have fun doing it. At least as much fun as you have taking the other side.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out... :)

Can you at least wait until I do? 

I feel like there is this ongoing Dorsey vs Sashi fight between you and I that is going on almost exclusively in your head. 😀

• Haha 1

Sashi was a complete dope.  At one pro day he had to ask what player they were there to watch.  He let some of our better players walk because he figured we only had 3 or 4 wins WITH them so losing them wouldn't hurt.  So we went 1-31.  (of course some of that is on Hue, but a lot was the fact that we had no QB, receivers or RT...because of Sashi)

Dorsey wasn't perfect...but when he came in the first thing he did was cut that useless cancer WR Sashi gave millions to.  And then, with a 1-31 team (and a crack pot, trigger finger owner) he knew he wasn't going to lure free agents to us, so what did he do?  He TRADED for some helpful players, like Landry.  I thought, Brilliant!  Bring them to us kicking and screaming if you have to, just elevate our talent.  And then right away he drafted us a QB...something Sashi avoided like the plague (do we now change that to, like The COVID?).  - I hear Dexter Manly is hospitalized with COVID 19 and now has pneumonia, and he's scared.  So, God bless Dexter, get well.

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Like Corbett and some of the others are studding out.  Even Hospital Ward is a disappointment if he always sees stars and how cobweb in his head.

Dorsey had a lot of picks.  I am still hopeful Baker works out.

I think  each of them Dorsey and  Sashi had two years each to draft.  

Sure, both had some dud choices, but I think overall Dorsey had a far better batting average with his picks than Sashi.  

I guess we could break it down and see if we want. 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Can you at least wait until I do? 

lol... OK, deal...

But remember... I know what you are thinking. 😮

Is it OK if I go after Orion?

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2020 at 10:01 AM, Tour2ma said:

Dammit! I went all 7 pages without making a single post...Till now !

353.gif     far to early, but we got plenty of down time to kill... while neither of these guys coached a single down... 

who hired Freddie than fell on the sword wanting him back? (despite JD's hate for the pencil neck geek in Depo too)

who hired Huejax?

Who can fire a owner?

Whom got real players? that Jimmah now calls "core players"?

Edit-- am just a fan, of expecting Berry to build a 'real', well coached football team, regardless of the endless rolling out of credit names  

Honestly I really wish would could have kept him as "Super" scout as he had a great eye for talent, but then the stories came out him dumping a book of analytics straight into the trash. I knew at that point he had to get the fuck out of Berea. Hiring Freddie did him no favors as well. It would I remember when it happened I called the Browns a dumpster fire, or cum-dumpster. or something to that effect. I'm in a much better place now looking forward.

1 hour ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Hiring Freddie did him no favors as well.

Yup.  I believe that he saw Freddie as an honest to God 'Football Guy'.  And that's his type of guy.  Too bad for John that Freddie turned out to be lousy.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:58 PM, Kvoethe said:

Chubb...ward...obj...hunt...baker...yeah...terrible record...

errrrr.....freddy kitchens.....errr freddy kitchens......worse move since the ernest byner trade for mike elephant.....2 worse moves ever in pro sports...so forget about those players you named....it could have been rice montana deon sanders emmitt smith lawrence taylor....etc etc...

41 minutes ago, browns52 said:

2 worse moves ever in pro sports

Let's not forget Paul Warfield for Mike Phipps.     

...but if you're bad mouthing Dorsey, you should mention drafting Austin Corbet before Chubb.   (actally, before ANYbody)

On 5/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, Orion said:

Yup.  I believe that he saw Freddie as an honest to God 'Football Guy'.  And that's his type of guy.  Too bad for John that Freddie turned out to be lousy.

What about the nuances of a draw play on 4th and 9 can you not see?

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

What about the nuances of a draw play on 4th and 9 can you not see?

I'm not football smart enough to make that call.  :)

Of course, people would say,  If it worked then he's a genius.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I'm not football smart enough to make that call.  :)

Of course, people would say,  If it worked then he's a genius.  

That call on 4th and 9 only could be made with Micharl Vick in his prime or Lamar Jackson as QBs. And even then many of us would argue against it.