THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey —————- GONE

Kvoethe

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think we'll be just fine. Dorsey didn't want to take a reduced role, but he didn't earn total trust either. Something was just WRONG this year, and both Kitchens and Dorsey shared in that reality. 

We're going to be alright. Just a guess, and lord knows I've been wrong plenty, but I am excited about the new changes and what we'll bring into town. 

And the first instance it doesn't go well, you'll go all HYSTERICAL JIGGINS and demand everyone fired. 

We've also seen this movie around here a few times. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Haslam you miserable fucking chode. In two or three years will be able to look back at the Glory Days when we were 6 and 10.

🤬🤬🤬

WSS

Man..........................Haslam or Snyder?   

Sad state of affairs.  I doubt a 'Cowher-type' would be interested at this point.  So..................back to Green Acres.

7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

He was put in an incredible cap and draft position, the envy of every GM in the league 

He fucked it up. No sympathy 

ya we know london you were never on board with Dorsey

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Know anyone with a few billion spare dollars to buy Jimmy out? In a lot of respects he's like Freddie- means well, but totally incompetent at his designated job (owner).   

Larry, what is you take RE: the Mayfield pick.  Yes, Freddie was a big whiff, but do you think Mayfield's performance factored into this?

I know he is young but - I wonder if Mayfield is a 'one (half-year) hit wonder?

God.........................could asphole Rex Ryan be right about him?

FWIW, I hate to see any continuity, once again, dissipate before fully formed.

I think the reports of it being "a mutual parting due to Dorsey not wanting to accept a reduced role" are being overlooked by most.

Dorsey, who lost clout after his hire of Freddie Kitchens failed miserably this season, was asked to take a backseat to the new head of the football department, who will pair with the new head coach. Dorsey, who went 13-18-1 in his two full seasons as GM, would’ve been more of a talent evaluator, such as a Vice President of Player Personnel, a source said.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/browns-gm-john-dorsey-and-browns-leaning-toward-parting-ways-meeting-with-jimmy-haslam-today-reports-say.html

In other words Jimmah asked Johnny to stick to what he does best and Johnny took his ball and went home.

When JD was hired I asked why a guy who is so good at is job was available to us. I speculated that it likely was because he "did not play well with others". I suspect this was the case.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

... the analytics guys wanted Stefanski for HC in 2019, John got his way with Kitchens, and swirled down the kitchen sink with him....  

... and they liked McDermott over Hue before that. HC choices are above the surface... we don't know what lies just below it. How many picks did "the guys" endorse? How many did they not? Chubb easily fits analytics... Corbett not so much. But the biggest question is around Baker.

The way Dorsey gloated over that one pick makes me believe others weren't on board with it. And while John looked great in 2018... we are all uncertain to some degree as we enter 2020. What if "the guys" saw a certain Louisville QB as the wave of the future?

Then there's the spending of al the draft capital that LB raised... all that pain accumulating it... and it's gone with only more pain to show for it.

This more than just being about missing on one HC...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and they liked McDermott over Hue before that. HC choices are above the surface... we don't know what lies just below it. How many picks did "the guys" endorse? How many did they not? Chubb easily fits analytics... Corbett not so much. But the biggest question is around Baker.

The way Dorsey gloated over that one pick makes me believe others weren't on board with it. And while John looked great in 2018... we are all uncertain to some degree as we enter 2020. What if "the guys" saw a certain Louisville QB as the wave of the future?

Then there's the spending of al the draft capital that LB raised... all that pain accumulating it... and it's gone with only more pain to show for it.

From that same article...

“DePodesta, whose contract is up after next season, contemplated leaving the organization because he wasn’t being heard, a source said, but Haslam wanted him to stay. The situation came to a head after Kitchens’ firing, and Dorsey was the odd man out.”

The messed up thing is the Haslams COULD have been heeding DePodesta’s advice ALL this time, for literally YEARS, and NOW they decide he’s worth listening to? It’s maddening. 

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This has all of the hallmarks of a team in crisis starting with the 6-10 record right up to the team ownership.

Should be an interesting draft in Nevada this April 2020.

Just now, Canton Dawg said:

Somehow I find it appropriate that the Browns will end the decade without a GM or HC.

Our owner is an IDIOT and a CROOK. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I think the reports of it being "a mutual parting due to Dorsey not wanting to accept a reduced role" are being overlooked by most.

In other words Jimmah asked Johnny to stick to what he does best and Johnny took his ball and went home.

When JD was hired I asked why a guy who is so good at is job was available to us. I speculated that it likely was because he "did not play well with others". I suspect this was the case.

A level headed response in the sea of "woe is me" responses. Guys need to freakin grow some balls around here, there's a reason another moniker for NFL is "not for long". Dorsey lost a power play pure and simple by appointing the completely unqualified Kitchens as his pliable puppet coach that blew up in his face. Kitchens wasn't a rising star in the NFL, he was a fraud assisted by Zampese, Saunders etc who took an an opportunity gifted to him. In fact Dorsey sealed his own fate by firing Zampese, we can all see how Baker's performance drastically deteriorated after that. He drafted some good players but wasted a lot of draft picks acquiring players like Tyrod Taylor, Beckham etc, dropping players like Shelton, Ogbah and Nassib (who would've provided depth instead of Chad Thomas and Chris Smith), acquiring questionable characters like Whitehead and Callaway and blew our cap space. He's a talent evaluator and has now failed twice at GM, good riddance.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

A level headed response in the sea of "woe is me" responses. Guys need to freakin grow some balls around here, there's a reason another moniker for NFL is "not for long". Dorsey lost a power play pure and simple by appointing the completely unqualified Kitchens as his pliable puppet coach that blew up in his face. Kitchens wasn't a rising star in the NFL, he was a fraud assisted by Zampese, Saunders etc who took an an opportunity gifted to him. In fact Dorsey sealed his own fate by firing Zampese, we can all see how Baker's performance drastically deteriorated after that. He drafted some good players but wasted a lot of draft picks acquiring players like Tyrod Taylor, Beckham etc, dropping players like Shelton, Ogbah and Nassib (who would've provided depth instead of Chad Thomas and Chris Smith), acquiring questionable characters like Whitehead and Callaway and blew our cap space. He's a talent evaluator and has now failed twice at GM, good riddance.

While this is a very reasonable explanation. 

It doesn’t hide the fact that our owner is an IDIOT and has no clue how to run an NFL team

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

How about we keep Dorsey and fire Jimmy Haslam?

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think you have it backwards.

McCarthy wasn't asked to interview last year. 

There were unofficial discussions. Mick wanted a paid year off instead of jumping right back in, and now he's ready to coach again.  Who ever is coming in is the one who said no to Dorsey being here. 

3 minutes ago, Icecube said:

There were unofficial discussions. Mick wanted a paid year off instead of jumping right back in, and now he's ready to coach again.  Who ever is coming in is the one who said no to Dorsey being here. 

McCarthey also took a year off with pay...thanks to the Green Bay Packers.

I would’ve done the same thing, money for nothin’.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

While this is a very reasonable explanation. 

It doesn’t hide the fact that our owner is an IDIOT and has no clue how to run an NFL team

.......or run a gas station either.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the first instance it doesn't go well, you'll go all HYSTERICAL JIGGINS and demand everyone fired. 

We've also seen this movie around here a few times. 😉

Don't know what you're talking about! 🤣

To be fair, I was truly rooting for Kitchens to get another year for a long time. It wasn't until the Ravens game where I totally lost my shit with him. That 2 minutes before half made it clear to me. Very clear. 

I am definitely not the "fire everyone" type guy. I said in jest to cut players after penalties, but obviously that's not serious. I really did want Kitchens back for the longest time, but it became so apparent that he was not the right person for the job. 

Now....getting hysterical? Yes, that might have happened a few dozen times. 🤣

• Haha 1