THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey, New Year's

The Gipper

Here is a Survey for the New Year:  Give your answers/opinions:

1. What is your personal  Browns related  New Year's resolution?

2. Do you, as some here have kind of proclaimed, rule out any particular category of HC candidate for the Browns?  e.g.  "retread"  "college coach"  anything of that sort.    If not rule out completely....have some preference in that regard?

3. The playoff field is set.   I don't know if this board is going to do some sort of Official prediction thread....but make any predictions you choose here.

4. A. This season is over.....what do you think will be the fate of  some of the "Old Timer" QBs?   Brady,  Eli, Ben R.,  Rivers, Brees 

B. What will be the fate of some of the younger, but on the bubble as starter QBs:   the likes of Dalton, Mariota, Keenum, Stafford...Brisset, and anyone else?

5.  What are your Travel plans for 2020?  

Changes with the moment, doesn't it.   I hope that the Browns bring in a guy that can tell Jimmy Haslam to sit down, shut up, write the checks....and there seems to be no one out there.    Except, maybe:   Peyton Manning.    While I am skeptical of him as a GM/President.....he would be a guy that could control Haslam.

2. Do you, as some here have kind of proclaimed, rule out any particular category of HC candidate for the Browns?  e.g.  "retread"  "college coach"  anything of that sort.    If not rule out completely....have some preference in that regard?

I have not,   though I do not think that a college coach is the best way to go.....I would not outright reject it. 

3. The playoff field is set.   I don't know if this board is going to do some sort of Official prediction thread....but make any predictions you choose here.

Neither #1 seed will win SB  (Balt. or SFO)    Nor will the Pats. 

4. A. This season is over.....what do you think will be the fate of  some of the "Old Timer" QBs?   Brady,  Eli, Ben R.,  Rivers, Brees 

I think that Brees is the only one that I would bet would start most of next year....and be quite successful.  The others will likely have their teams looking for replacements.

B. What will be the fate of some of the younger, but on the bubble as starter QBs:   the likes of Dalton, Mariota, Keenum, Stafford...Brisset, and anyone else?

Mariota...out as starter.    Winston and Trubisky....on shaky ground and replacements could be in the offing.  Dalton likely done in Cinci.  Stafford seems to be deteriorating....but he will still be starter.  Jacksonville will be looking.....as will Miami. Keenum out for Haskins. 

Sedona/Las Vegas....Jan/Feb

Lake Placid....May

Drive to SA, then to Houston and back...wedding cruise while there...July

Southern Utah...October

Some are saying road trip to Dallas.  Maybe. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

none... never made any sports-related resolutions

the things that come to mind to not bring in: "inexperienced" or "suffers fools"

doesn't have to be a completely rigid tool who could break bricks with their buttcrack

you can patiently encourage growth, reward learning from failure, and manage fragile egos while also giving the vibe to knock that dumb shit off RIGHT NOW

definitely something the Browns need

Wild ride. Lots of surprises. Just going to go with it than try to call things

In general NFL talk outside of the internet I've been saying for a year and a half that San Diego, Pittsburgh, NE and so on *have* to be thinking about life after that crop of stars but that it's hard to do while they are still producing. Brady doesn't have the weapons he once did to support him and can't outrun time. Ben had a super-major surgery, and even if he comes back one more year at 85-90% what about the next? Etc. Etc. Would be shocked if they were still franchise starters in 2021 or 2022. Not a clever or unsurprising prediction, yet, which of those teams is really prepared for a transition with an heir apparent? NYG, maybe?

You've got players like Lamar, Mahomes, Garoppolo, and Wilson showing that there's always up and coming talent who can get it done. Obviously being on a well-coached team with playmakers is important, which is why I feel bad for Stafford after he seemed set to see a stronger season in Detroit, but I doubt the QBs mentioned are going to be out of the NFL. They do risk turning into Fitzpatrick-like journeymen who bounce from team to team.

none

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Baker looks much better and we make the Playoffs.

2. No College coaches.  Not thrilled with McDaniels (I believe he’s the next coach) 

3. Not out on a limb but 49ers Ravens.  49ers win

4. All are on NFL rosters come August.

B. Stafford rebounds and Brissett plays well next year others are relegated to backups.  Bold prediction, I think Dwayne Haskins will be a Top 10 QB as soon as next year.

5. Nothing exciting - Visiting family all over the country, including Ohio.

I’d like to go to the Browns Cowboys game next year or MetLife for Browns/Giants 

1. The NFL forces Jimmy to sell

2. I don’t care who they hire. Just get it right

3. New Orleans wins the Super Bowl 

4. Eli retires. All others on a team

5. Come back to Cleveland a few time