THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to interview Brian Daboll for HC

jbluhm86

10 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Daboll was here during a different era. With no QB, Nick Chubb, Jarvis, OBJ etc.

He had Josh Allen playing at a pretty high level. 20 TDs to 9 INTs. Interesting candidate. 

The Browns offense this year was absolutely putrid by all accounts and it’s what got Freddie Fired. 

The Bills offense is worse in every category across the board and it was run by Daboll. 

Not sure who remembers when Daboll was here but he ran the worst looking 5 play Techno Bowl offense outside of Pat Shurmurs 3 TE motion sets, and the entire team hated his fat ass and was glad he was run out of town.

F that guy. 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Brian Daboll had a really bad run when he was here.   

Maybe, just maybe the Browns FO should say to themselves:   among other things, we should have someone the fans can feel good about.   Daboll ain't that guy. 

Seriously, fuck that.

Fuck "winning the hire" or "winning the offseason" or hiring someone the fans can feel good about. Most Browns fans don't know their ass from a hole in the ground regarding football or hell, their own team. How many times am I going to hear how the Browns had a great homefield advantage at old Cleveland Stadium? Nonsense. The list of home playoff losses by the Browns is an impressive one. Or how Paul Brown getting fired was a tragedy the Browns never recovered from? Bullshit. 

How about this: The Browns hire someone that is competent who helps fix this trainwreck? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seriously, fuck that.

Fuck "winning the hire" or "winning the offseason" or hiring someone the fans can feel good about. Most Browns fans don't know their ass from a hole in the ground regarding football or hell, their own team. How many times am I going to hear how the Browns had a great homefield advantage at old Cleveland Stadium? Nonsense. The list of home playoff losses by the Browns is an impressive one. Or how Paul Brown getting fired was a tragedy the Browns never recovered from? Bullshit. 

How about this: The Browns hire someone that is competent who helps fix this trainwreck? 

How dare you just walk around here, making sense and shit.   Who do you think you are, sir?!?!

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seriously, fuck that.

While all that is true certainly.....hiring Daboll would not be a way of gaining fan confidence.    And if they did that, and he was the guy that could "fix this trainwreck"...then no one would care. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

While all that is true certainly.....hiring Daboll would not be a way of gaining fan confidence.    And if they did that, and he was the guy that could "fix this trainwreck"...then no one would care. 

Exactly.

I bet many hires in various sports weren't met with fans doing cartwheels, but turned out great. 

Mike Tomlin was not overall an exciting choice by the Steelers, (wasn't there an assistant coach on the Steelers who everyone assumed what getting the job?) but he's proven to be an excellent choice. 

35 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Exactly.

I bet many hires in various sports weren't met with fans doing cartwheels, but turned out great. 

Mike Tomlin was not overall an exciting choice by the Steelers, (wasn't there an assistant coach on the Steelers who everyone assumed what getting the job?) but he's proven to be an excellent choice. 

https://dailysnark.com/eagles-fan-edp445-goes-jeffrey-lurie-hiring-doug-pederson/

Reminds me of this Eagles fan who was displeased with the Doug Pederson hire. This guy’s a hoot. 

Pederson of course won them a Superbowl a year or so later. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Exactly.

Up until this past season, the majority of Steelers fans wanted Tomlin's ass fired.    And at times, I even admit, he was what held them back the past 4-5 years.     It was only the last 10 or so weeks that the man has showed his coaching grit.     

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Envelop, please...